ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement of application issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toraqa
Syria

Acknowledgement of application issue

Post by toraqa » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:38 am

Hi

Route: Settled Status +1 year

I've submitted an application online for British citizenship for myself "non EU", my wife and my son "EU citizens", paid the fee on 9/7 and uploaded all documents, "I'm the main applicant" on 13/7 , my wife and son each received a confirmation email with a case ID on 13/7, but i haven't yet, is that normal?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Acknowledgement of application issue

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:58 am

toraqa wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:38 am
Hi

I've submitted an application online for British citizenship for myself "non EU", my wife and my son "EU citizens", paid the fee on 9/7 and uploaded all documents, "I'm the main applicant" on 13/7 , my wife and son each received a confirmation email with a case ID on 13/7, but i haven't yet, is that normal?
This is pretty normal. The emails received are automated generic emails. Due to some technical error, the system does not push through emails sometimes.
I know many examples where similar situations arise including when my wife applied with her parents.
I applied on 22/6/20 and I have NOT received it either.
In my personal experience, this happens more often on “hotmail” emails address. Having said that, many receive on hotmail also but some dont.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

toraqa
Syria

Post by toraqa » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:58 am
toraqa wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:38 am
Hi

This is pretty normal. The emails received are automated generic emails. Due to some technical error, the system does not push through emails sometimes.
I know many examples where similar situations arise including when my wife applied with her parents.
I applied on 22/6/20 and I have NOT received it either.
In my personal experience, this happens more often on “hotmail” emails address. Having said that, many receive on hotmail also but some dont.

Thank you for the assuring reply, i hope that this won't affect the processing time of my application, it's bad enough we have to wait for eternity to get an appointment to give our biometrics. I hope the HO would use my Biometrics they took for my ILR. Have they made appointments available for those applied in June yet?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:51 pm

The automated generic emails have no connection to the processing times. You have to check UKVCAS flash message for updates. For now only applicants till 31st May are catered.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

toraqa
Syria

Post by toraqa » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:21 pm

Got it today, 9 days later.