ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Dependent work from India if Primary COS is not valid anymore?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bruce.wayne
Newly Registered

Can Dependent work from India if Primary COS is not valid anymore?

Post by bruce.wayne » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:44 pm

10:12

Hi ,

I am posting for the first time , please pardon me if I am not sticking to guidelines.

I was working in UK with Tier 2 ICT visa which expires next year , my wife was working in UK with Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. My wife and I had to come back to India as my project ended and thus the COS also became invalid,  although my wife and I are still having valid visas. My wife's company agreed to sponsor her Tier 2 General Visa and also allow her to work from home in India as they are trying to generate the COS and sort out other requirements for my wife to apply for Tier 2 General from India.  I have 2 queries :

1. Can my wife work from India with my dependent visa considering my COS is not valid ?
2. What subcategory needs to be selected for the Tier 2 General visa for my wife among the following or any other subcategory not mentioned here ?:
○ Tier 2 (General - Switching immigration category) - this seems more apt but my cos is invalid , so not sure
○ Tier 2 (General - Changes of employment - ISC liable)
○ Tier 2 (General - Changes of employment - ISC exempt)
○ Tier 2 (General - extensions - ISC liable)
○ Tier 2 (General - extensions - ISC exempt)
○ Tier 2 (General - new hires - high earners - ISC liable)
○ Tier 2 (General -  new hires - high earners - ISC exempt)

I'd obliged if someone can help.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can Dependent work from India if Primary COS is not valid anymore?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:47 pm

1. A visa is required to work WITHIN the UK. Woking remotely is irrelevant. However I do hope that the sponsor meets the requirements if not a shostage occupation job.

2. Tier 2 new hires, likely ISC liable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bruce.wayne
Newly Registered

Re: Can Dependent work from India if Primary COS is not valid anymore?

Post by bruce.wayne » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi ,
Thank you so much for the reply , I am in a bit of confused state about my wife's eligibility to work since she is still on UK payroll of her sponsor although she is now in India.