ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tbp
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:01 pm

I believe, nobody on this forum is on their blinkered self centred high horses. We have been doing everything we are told and have been waiting patiently. If there are anybody on their blinkered self centred high horses, they are the people at the management level.

I respect the people who work at the frontline and backend of UKVCAS and UKVI. But I don't have much respect for the management which ignores their customers.

We are talking about a company which did not share any update for 2 whole months from March to May. Then with their vague announcements they added to uncertainty, and at last they came up with a brilliant idea of biometric reuse and created a problem by not actually having a functional system. I did not receive a single email from UKVCAS until the latest biometric reuse update in these whole 4 months. What was the point of identifying people for biometric reuse when the function does not exist? UKVI and UKVCAS collectively failed to deliver their promises.

If I am defined as being on my "blinkered self centred high horse" for questioning this, then be it. I am one.

Anyway, no point of arguing. I will share any news regarding my application in the future. Peace-out.

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:24 pm
MrBarry465 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:10 pm
It would have actually made more sense for them to pause any sort of application until they started reopening centres, isntead of just allowing this back log to 'pile up'. No doubt it was to keep the money coming.
So peoples visas expiring is not relevant then???

Remember also that many have applied for whatever even though they have months and months of visa left and applied simply because they are within the qualifying period, thereby exacerbating the backlog.

No one could have foresaw the complete effect of the pandemic, it's not like we have a global pandemic Evey couple of years to ensure contingency measures are in place.

They are trying to do the best they can, with less staff too. Remember the staff at ukvi and ukcvas are also human, with families and possible vulnerable family or at risk themselves etc.

People just need to look at this situation with a bit of perspective instead of getting on their blinkered self centred high horses.
I completely sympathise with the fact that staff are at risk here, I'm not having a go at them at all. But what we are seeing is a completely inneficient process - which is only being put further under the microscope given the current situation. For instance - why was it ever necessary for someone to go in and submit biometrics, again and again? This should have been changed years ago and not some forced change, where they are not scrambling to get a new process in place during a pandemic.

I'd also question the processing time, why is it suddenly possible to process a visa in 24 hours when you pay £600 more? These are not small amounts of money here, people are paying upwards of £2,500 and are being left in the dark over where they sit and when they can leave.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:47 pm

Waited 5 years to reach ILR stage and this happens. Too close but too far. I've applied for my ILR (M) on 12th April.

The only email I got was from UKVCAS in regards my eligibility on fingerprints reuse with no confirmation on when this will happen. This has made no difference so I am still waiting since 12th of April (3 months).

People applied after me need to wait and be patient.

I have lost my job during this pandemic (after applying ILR -M) and still no jobs here to fullfil the minimum income threshold and my wife cannot find a job here to add up the total income.

Normally I am a very patient person but this stress have got me bad. Every morning, day and night constant checking for updates for past 3 months have taken its toll on me.

Is it true that if I had fulfilled the income threshold at point of application I dont have to worry. If someone can shed some light on this.

Lets hope we have some update soon.

Thanks

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by usernameswan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:05 pm

I think we shouldn't treat people who works in the front line and who are part of the management team as a homogeneous group. We appreciate and truely thankful for those who work in the front line but it doesn't mean the management team is doing their job properly. Everyone faces different circustamances, not only those whose visa is going to expire/expired need help. We are here to support each other and get our voice heard by sharing concerns/stories. Every voice should have a equal chance to be heard without being judged.

marmalade2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by marmalade2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:09 pm

khd88 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:36 pm
Can anyone who has contacts for media outlets, government officials, whatever type of organisation or complaints email addresses or phone numbers so we can get the word out and start applying pressure? if we get organised and start mass messaging/calling whoever can do anything for us in this situation I think it may make a difference.
I am writing to my local MP in my constituency to request their support. Luckily, my MP is pro-immigration so they might be more inclined to help. I have explained the situation (the scale of the backlog) and proposed some solutions to expedite and asked their help to bring this to the attention of Home Office. I have written a general email about all settlement applications - not specifically about my personal case.

If anyone wants to do the same, it will be helpful to get our voices heard. You can google to find out who is your local MP and get their email address. Just remember, check if they are "pro-immigration" before you contact them otherwise they might make your life worse lol. Also, make sure you are polite, provide facts and logical reasoning. Even though I'm sure we all want to scream and vent, leave your emotions out of it. They are more likely to help you if you ask nicely :)

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:19 pm

We should all write an email to Priti Patel :lol: though it has to be written carefully/nicely

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:03 pm

For those who applied in July: Can you see the option for submitting the documents to UKVI via the document upload section on UKVCAS?

I know someone who applied today 15/7/2020 but have NO option like this.

I am assuming this option maybe is only for applicants till June then??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

dsharma7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dsharma7 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:19 pm

Priti Patel won’t look into any Home office-related emails to her official email address. However, her department will definitely look into your queries if you send at this email address i.e. public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk.

I sent an email last week and got an out office response that they will respond to my concerns within 20 days. The main concern I raised was how the non-functional biometric reuse policy is unfair.

Maybe multiple emails would stress the importance of the issue and make them act faster and give us regular updates.

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:48 am

Might be worth copying and pasting what you wrote in here - so that other people can use that template.

prjose
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by prjose » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:42 am

shahkb wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:47 pm
Waited 5 years to reach ILR stage and this happens. Too close but too far. I've applied for my ILR (M) on 12th April.

The only email I got was from UKVCAS in regards my eligibility on fingerprints reuse with no confirmation on when this will happen. This has made no difference so I am still waiting since 12th of April (3 months).

People applied after me need to wait and be patient.

I have lost my job during this pandemic (after applying ILR -M) and still no jobs here to fullfil the minimum income threshold and my wife cannot find a job here to add up the total income.

Normally I am a very patient person but this stress have got me bad. Every morning, day and night constant checking for updates for past 3 months have taken its toll on me.

Is it true that if I had fulfilled the income threshold at point of application I dont have to worry. If someone can shed some light on this.

Lets hope we have some update soon.

Thanks
Hi, sorry about what you're going through. I read a post and maybe it will give some relief for people in similar situation who have suffered job loss because of covid.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Look under section "Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement" .

Thanks,

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:57 am

Thanks prjose

That put my mind to rest and a good start of the day.

Hopefully UKVI and UKVCAS will send an email to finger print reuse eligible customers soon to end this daily anxiety.

I just want this wait to end for all of us.

Patience is the key.

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 am

I agree with everyone else here, UKVI and UKVCAS front line employees are not at fault here. If anything, they are probably sad and frustrated that they cannot help people who have very legitimate reasons to get their applications resolved. I believe this is because of the Hostile Environment UK government has been pursuing for a long time now. If they can do what they've done to the Windrush generation, who have been living in the UK for decades, think what they can do to us.

I was also curious about travelling aboard with my application already submitted and the rules about this. I did not know that we couldn't travel aboard. I found this post helpful: third party solicitor weblink removed by moderator

Article 34K in immigration rules: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... cifiedform
34K. Where proof of identity provided under paragraph 34(5) has been returned to the applicant pending a decision on their application for leave to remain and the applicant travels outside the common travel area their application for leave to remain shall, provided that it has not been determined, be treated as withdrawn on the date that the applicant left the common travel area.
This is a very frustrating time indeed. It's almost as if the UK does not want us anymore...

chakings22
Newly Registered

Post by chakings22 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:48 am

Hi All,

I hope most of you are waiting for some updates after biometrics reuse. I honestly believe home office has to launch a thoroghly tested and foolproof system for facial image. That's why they mentioned 'few weeks' in the biometrics reuse mail. We have been patient thus far. A little more patience and positivity will help when we are anxious. Everyone's wish will come true!

SamanthaJones
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by SamanthaJones » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:28 am

CR001 wrote:
MrBarry465 wrote:
It would have actually made more sense for them to pause any sort of application until they started reopening centres, isntead of just allowing this back log to 'pile up'. No doubt it was to keep the money coming.

Remember also that many have applied for whatever even though they have months and months of visa left and applied simply because they are within the qualifying period, thereby exacerbating the backlog.

No one could have foresaw the complete effect of the pandemic, it's not like we have a global pandemic Evey couple of years to ensure contingency measures are in place.

They are trying to do the best they can, with less staff too. Remember the staff at ukvi and ukcvas are also human, with families and possible vulnerable family or at risk themselves etc.

People just need to look at this situation with a bit of perspective instead of getting on their blinkered self centred high horses.
What an insensitive thing to say, calling people who've lost their jobs because of this, people who couldn't get loans because their BRPs have expired, people who haven't been able to see their families for months, to get off "their blinkered self centred high horses", when it is now possible to do pretty much everything in the UK, except getting our biometrics enrolled.

Nobody's blaming the front-liners or the individual caseworkers. We all know that it's not their fault and we are grateful for their efforts. People are clearly angry at the people at the top, at the government for how poorly this is being handled. Please check that you're off your blinkered self-centred high horse first before blaming people for being frustrated with a historically hostile and unwelcoming immigration system whose cavalier attitude towards immigrants has only been magnified through the pandemic, thank you.

MrBarry465
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by MrBarry465 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:36 am

SamanthaJones wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:28 am
CR001 wrote:
MrBarry465 wrote:

What an insensitive thing to say, calling people who've lost their jobs because of this, people who couldn't get loans because their BRPs have expired, people who haven't been able to see their families for months, to get off "their blinkered self centred high horses", when it is now possible to do pretty much everything in the UK, except getting our biometrics enrolled.

Nobody's blaming the front-liners or the individual caseworkers. We all know that it's not their fault and we are grateful for their efforts. People are clearly angry at the people at the top, at the government for how poorly this is being handled. Please check that you're off your blinkered self-centred high horse first before blaming people for being frustrated with a historically hostile and unwelcoming immigration system whose cavalier attitude towards immigrants has only been magnified through the pandemic, thank you.
Thank you, could not have said it better myself!

My original comment was not at all directed at the front line staff, it was directed at a lot of the people at the top and as you said the government. The way they have handled the pandemic has been a disgrace and this situation is also disgraceful.

Dekedaba
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dekedaba » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:00 pm

It is very frustrating no doubt, but they didn't just introduce the "might take up to 6 months" part of the application process. It is and has been common knowledge for a standard application process and given that they have had to pause the priority services I guess we can only have a genuine case after 6 months post submission.

We should all be patient.

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:07 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:03 pm
For those who applied in July: Can you see the option for submitting the documents to UKVI via the document upload section on UKVCAS?

Application submitted and paid on 1st july,
Got an email asking to email documents on 2nd july
Got a generic email saying it may take longer than 6 months.
I saw the option to submit the docs to HO the day it was available to everyone else.

Do you see "Submitted" next to your uploaded docs? Perhaps it's on by default now?

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 pm

Dekedaba wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:00 pm
It is very frustrating no doubt, but they didn't just introduce the "might take up to 6 months" part of the application process. It is and has been common knowledge for a standard application process and given that they have had to pause the priority services I guess we can only have a genuine case after 6 months post submission.

Exactly, unless there is a case who has gone past six months there is no point of raising complaints etc... as they are still within their standard timelines. Also if it goes beyond 6 months (highly unlikely) then it will be beacuse of the COVID situation which they have already informed.
All we need is to give them some time and wait 👍🏻

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:20 pm

mals wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:07 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

I saw the option to submit the docs to HO the day it was available to everyone else.

Do you see "Submitted" next to your uploaded docs? Perhaps it's on by default now?
Does that mean document submit option is available for all irrespective of when the ukvi application was submitted or ukvcas account was registered?
Does anyone knows the benefit of submitting the documents using this new option, is it mandatory to do this or wait for their email for appointment to be booked or biometric reuse?

SamanthaJones
Newly Registered
Switzerland

Post by SamanthaJones » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:24 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 pm
Dekedaba wrote:

Exactly, unless there is a case who has gone past six months there is no point of raising complaints etc... as they are still within their standard timelines. Also if it goes beyond 6 months (highly unlikely) then it will be beacuse of the COVID situation which they have already informed.
Nobody's complaining about the processing times, but because the processing time hasn't even started yet!

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:33 pm

mals wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

When did you get this generic email saying it may take longer than 6 months?

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:35 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:20 pm
mals wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Does that mean document submit option is available for all irrespective of when the ukvi application was submitted or ukvcas account was registered?
Does anyone knows the benefit of submitting the documents using this new option, is it mandatory to do this or wait for their email for appointment to be booked or biometric reuse?
Need more people to confirm if that's available for some or all.

WRT knowing the benefit of submitting the docs, does it matter? We got to do anything to make it even easier for them to make the call by looking at the docs that cost us £2400 and months of waiting. For straightforward cases this should not involve nothing other than running some automated verifications and some emails. But they need to make it look like it justifies the money they are taking.

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:39 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:33 pm
mals wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

3rd july.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:51 pm

mals wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:39 pm
AnILRApplicant wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:33 pm
mals wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

3rd july.
Did you have the option to submit documents to UKVI in your UKVCAS account under documents upload tab?

dsharma7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dsharma7 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 pm
Dekedaba wrote:

6 months wait was fine when there was an option of priority service. Anyone who needed it urgently could have used it. People are restless as they might need to travel due to emergency situation back home , apply for job/loan , rent a property Etc but can’t do anything at all.