ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Appoinment booking costs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

SET (M) or SET(0) for ILR

Post by sugaz » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Dear friends,

I came to UK on a Tier-1 visa and got UK citizenship in 2015. Naturalisation - 18/05/2015

My spouse:
initial visa 05/09/2012 to 07/07/2013 Tier 1 dependent
24/07/2013 to 03/06/2015 Tier 1 dependent
30/06/2015 to 30/12/2017 FLR(M)
17/01/2018 to 14/08/2020 FLR(M)

By end of July 2020, my spouse is eligible for ILR (after 5 years starting 30/06/2015 FLR(M)].

"If you got your current visa as your partner’s dependant after they settled in the UK, you must apply as the partner of a settled person instead."

Should my spouse apply thru SET(M) form or SET(O) form. Please clarify

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (M) or SET(0) for ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:35 pm

It is only form SET M if she is in a FLR M visa.

Set o is not relevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

Re: SET (M) or SET(0) for ILR

Post by sugaz » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Thank you very much.

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

Documents for Finance requirements

Post by sugaz » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:06 am

Hi friends,

I hold a british citizenship obtained thru naturalization (via tier-1 general) on May 2015.
I switched my wife's dependent visa to FLR(M) and now she has completed 5 years and eligible for ILR.

I work as an IT contractor thru my own limited company. My wife is also a shareholder/director in the company. we both take salary & dividends.

While applying for ILR for my wife:

1. Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?

Options are:
Employment
Self-employment
Non-employment income
Pension
Cash Savings

Question: I have choosen 'Self-employment' - Is this correct?

2. Self-employment income for Mr :

Options are:
Sole Trader
In partnership
In a franchise agreement
A director or employee of specified limited company based in UK

Question: I have choosen ''A director or employee of specified limited company based in UK. Is this correct?

3. Home office is asking for lot of documents:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

I have uploaded 2 documents
Google drive weblink removed. Please do NOT post documents that contain all your personal details, ie name etc.

a.one list documents if i choose partnership
b. other list documents if i choose director of specified limited company

what are the documents that i must provide? Please some one clarify on this. Please help. Thanks

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

Re: Documents for Finance requirements

Post by sugaz » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:38 am

Hi friends,

I hold a british citizenship obtained thru naturalization (via tier-1 general) on May 2015.
I switched my wife's dependent visa to FLR(M) and now she has completed 5 years and eligible for ILR.

I work as an IT contractor thru my own limited company. My wife is also a shareholder/director in the company. we both take salary & dividends.

While applying for ILR for my wife:

1. Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?

Options are:
Employment
Self-employment
Non-employment income
Pension
Cash Savings

Question: I have choosen 'Self-employment' - Is this correct?

2. Self-employment income for Mr :

Options are:
Sole Trader
In partnership
In a franchise agreement
A director or employee of specified limited company based in UK

Question: I have choosen ''A director or employee of specified limited company based in UK. Is this correct?

3. Home office is asking for lot of documents:

I have uploaded 2 documents
[b][color=#FF0000]Google drive weblink removed. Please do NOT post documents that contain all your personal details, ie name etc.[/color][/b]

a.one list documents if i choose partnership
b. other list documents if i choose director of specified limited company

what are the documents that i must provide? Please some one clarify on this. Please help. Thanks
[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents for Finance requirements

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:42 am

Please do NOT upload documents that have all your personal information on!!! You are identifying yourself and exposing yourself to 1000s of strangers on an internet forum. We have many scammers and spammers here.

You should read Appendix 1.7, which explains what information, which is substantial for your circumstances, you need to supply. Section 9 in the link below.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

UKVCAS Appoinment booking costs

Post by sugaz » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi Friends,

I need to book ukvcas appointments for my wife's ILR. However there is no slots available. Currently slots are open only for June 2020 applicants.

My questions are:

a. When slots are released to Aug 2020 applicants - during what time of the day it is released. A few years back when i was trying for Tier-1 General appointments slots were released around midnight and it will be gone by the morning.

b. Cost of appointments (have submitted all documents thru the ukvcas website) when appointment is booked at core service point centers vs other centers. Service needed is for the biometric enrollment.

c. Any idea of how many slots will be available during different times of the days. This question is because of the experience on appointment booking i had earlier for Tier-1 General.

Could anyone please shed some light on above.

Thanks
Suga

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS Appoinment booking costs

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:07 pm

I need to book ukvcas appointments for my wife's ILR. However there is no slots available. Currently slots are open only for June 2020 applicants.
Bookings are opening when you are emailed they are, in month and date order of online submission.
a. When slots are released to Aug 2020 applicants - during what time of the day it is released. A few years back when i was trying for Tier-1 General appointments slots were released around midnight and it will be gone by the morning.
The current system with UKCVAS (a third party agency and not UKVI directly) is completely different to the precious PSC UKVI service centres. When you are emailed to book an appointment, availability will be online.
b. Cost of appointments (have submitted all documents thru the ukvcas website) when appointment is booked at core service point centers vs other centers. Service needed is for the biometric enrollment.
The prices vary between £69.99 up to around £600.
c. Any idea of how many slots will be available during different times of the days. This question is because of the experience on appointment booking i had earlier for Tier-1 General.
It will be available to book when you are invited by email to book if biometric reuse is not offered.

Best not to compare your experience from years ago at PSC's with the current third party agent system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

Post by sugaz » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:23 am

Thank you for the clarification. One more thing. Application has been submitted on 03 Aug 2020 and documents on 05 Aug 2020.

However when i log in to the (application) portal it says "Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 05 October 2020".

Does this mean that i have to book an appointment by 05 October 2020. Currently June 2020 appointments are allowed to be booked. In this case Aug 2020(Application submission) applicants will be allowed to book very late. If is not possible for the appointments system to allow appointments before 05 October 2020 and hence i'm unable to book the appointments. What is the procedure to avoid/mitigate this scenario and will home office take note of this?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:31 am

The email is GENERIC!! No one will be penalised if there are delays!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saliame
Pakistan

Post by saliame » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:11 am

sugaz wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:23 am
Thank you for the clarification. One more thing. Application has been submitted on 03 Aug 2020 and documents on 05 Aug 2020.

However when i log in to the (application) portal it says "Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 05 October 2020".

Does this mean that i have to book an appointment by 05 October 2020. Currently June 2020 appointments are allowed to be booked. In this case Aug 2020(Application submission) applicants will be allowed to book very late. If is not possible for the appointments system to allow appointments before 05 October 2020 and hence i'm unable to book the appointments. What is the procedure to avoid/mitigate this scenario and will home office take note of this?

Thanks
The page you are referring to is on gov.co.uk portal which has generic (pre covid processing times) info, while your appointment booking portal is ukvcas, once you have downloaded the consent form and check list, thats all done, now you need to keep checking UKVCAS portal any latest info related to your appointment will be on UKVCAS portal not gov portal.

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

Post by sugaz » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:54 pm

Thanks for the clarification.