ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ICT to ILR joint application for family

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AtKap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier2 ICT to ILR joint application for family

Post by AtKap » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:29 pm

Hello, I am Indian Citizen living in UK since May 2010, planning to apply for ILR via 10 year route.
I have been in UK on ICT Tier2 visa that was extended multiple times by my Indian employer and now valid until 1 Apr 2021. My wife and daughter(15.5 years old now) also came here with me since May 2010 on dependent visa. I have a 7.5 year old(Born in Dec 2012 in UK) son who has dependent visa as well. I am past the 10 years timeline already and late due to COVID. It took time to arrange for Medium Of Instruction letter from My University in India for NARIC, so planning to apply under super priority for faster decision.

1. Can I apply for ILR for entire family together as one joint application?
2. Will my Son also get ILR as he is only 7.5 years in UK, if we all apply under one joint application?
3. My daughter doesn’t have a BRP card and never had one. Being disabled her fingerprints and Photograph could not be taken during first extension in UK. Since then for every extension She has been issued a letter from HO stating that it was not possible to get her Biometrics. Do I need to do something different for her application, other than producing the letter from HO?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier2 ICT to ILR joint application for family

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:39 am

Long residence is an individual application where one has to apply on their own and qualify on their own. There is no concept of a dependant or joint application. Each applicant should apply separately under long residence if they qualify.

Children born outside the UK can settle immediately via SET(F) if both parents are settled, so I suggest you and your wife first apply for ILR separately and when granted, apply under SET(F) for your daughter to settle too. Her disability will be considered as before regarding Biometrics.

Your son is born in the UK, so he has an entitlement to be registered as a British citizen when one parent is settled in the UK. He does not need to apply for anything (even ILR) as he can be registered directly as British using form MN1 when either parent gets ILR.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AtKap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AtKap » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:18 pm

Thanks you very much for the response. A follow up question, can i also apply at same time for self, Wife and daughter Under separate applications as three of us have completed 10 years? Or i need to wait for decision on Mine/Wife’s application first and then apply for daughter? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:41 pm

You can apply for each family member on their own form provided each family member meets the requirements individually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AtKap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AtKap » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:32 pm

Hello,
I am going to submit documents for my child as SET(LR) as she has completed 10 years in UK. One of the supporting docs that is required as per checklist is :

Letter of consent from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s)
A letter of consent that confirms:
the relationship between you and your parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the application
consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the living arrangements in the United Kingdom and the
address where you will be staying
whether one or both of your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) have responsibility for you
Both parents/legal guardians must sign the letter of consent, except where only one parent/legal guardian has
sole responsibility for you.

Is there any format or template for the same if someone is aware of please. I am unable to find any template for this.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:17 pm

There is no format or template
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice