ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - Sponsor's Passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Marriage registration in India for UK Spouse Visa

Post by mohansharma1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:39 am

Hi,

Hope you are well.

I am a british national and an OCI holder got married in Chandigarh (India) last week (In gurudwara) and my parents live in chandigarh as well. My wife is from Lucknow. I am a bit confused as to where to apply for the marriage registration certificate? I have all the documents relating to Chandigarh as I have a house in my name. But someone told me that I should not apply for the marriage registration from Chandigarh as neither of us are residents of chandigarh (wife from lucknow and i live in UK) and hence apply for the registration in Lucknow. Marriage registration certificate doesn't state any nationality but it does however show address which if I apply from Chandigarh my address will be shown of chandigarh and now UK. Wanted to check if someone can shed some light on this please?

Thanks

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Marriage registration in India for UK Spouse Visa

Post by mohansharma1 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:49 am

Hi All,

I am a British national and an OCI holder got married to Indian citizen in India on 1st July 2020. Applied for the marriage registration certificate with the registrar but they are asking for NOC from British high commission in Delhi. Spoke to the high commission but they have stopped issuing the certificate since 2013. Anyone has any experience of this? Please kindly share

Aarav086
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage registration in India for UK Spouse Visa

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:45 am

Hi - my husband and I got married in Bangalore earlier this year. We actually got a lawyer to sort out all this paperwork for us because when we were looking online, it was a bit confusing and we were nervous about the system and if we made any mistakes for the visa.

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mohansharma1 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:53 am

Thanks. Yes it is a complex process.

Did you submit a NOC from the British high commission for the marriage registration certificate?

Aarav086
United Kingdom

Post by Aarav086 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:36 pm

Nope we didn’t do that. I understand are lawyers procured this from a lawyer based in the UK. If you’re in the UK, I believe you can arrange this through UK council offices.

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Accommodation requirement for Spouse Visa

Post by mohansharma1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Hi

I am looking to apply for a spouse visa from India (I am a naturalised british citizen with OCI and my spouse is an indian citizen ). My accommodation situation is following, could you please suggest what docs I would need to submit:-

I am staying with a family friend from last 2 years in their house (without any rent, not that I cannot afford but the relationship I have with them). They have a 5 bedroom house and currently have 4 people living there including me (Husband, wife and their son and me),

They are happy to provide any details including the inspection report. Could you please suggest what other docs I need from them please?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Accommodation requirement for Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:14 pm

mohansharma1 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:10 pm
Hi

I am looking to apply for a spouse visa from India (I am a naturalised british citizen with OCI and my spouse is an indian citizen ). My accommodation situation is following, could you please suggest what docs I would need to submit:-

I am staying with a family friend from last 2 years in their house (without any rent, not that I cannot afford but the relationship I have with them). They have a 5 bedroom house and currently have 4 people living there including me (Husband, wife and their son and me),

They are happy to provide any details including the inspection report. Could you please suggest what other docs I need from them please?
Family friend's Noc letter, title deeds and mortgage statement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Property inspection report - Spouse Visa

Post by mohansharma1 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:21 am

Hi,

Just wanted some advice - I have contacted council but they don't seem to know anything about this service(have also emailed)

Could you please advice if the private inspection reports are accepted by the home office? They are providing both online or physical inspection report - are both accepted by the HO?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Property inspection report - Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:54 am

Topics merged. Stick to one topic for all your questions please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:55 am

mohansharma1 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:21 am
Hi,

Just wanted some advice - I have contacted council but they don't seem to know anything about this service(have also emailed)

Could you please advice if the private inspection reports are accepted by the home office? Yes they are accepted. They are providing both online or physical inspection report - are both accepted by the HO? Physical inspection where the inspector comes to the house is what i know of as acceptable, any other one e.g. online will advice you not to engage such person or firm.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:51 pm

mohansharma1 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:21 am
Hi,

Could you please advice if the private inspection reports are accepted by the home office? They are providing both online or physical inspection report - are both accepted by the HO?
Any reasonably established letting agent can perform this inspection and due to social distancing they can certainly do the same virtually, same as property views were allowed primarily after eased off of lockdown. Only refrain those online agent who has no physical location.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mohansharma1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:42 pm

[/quote]

Many Thanks - Who should the NOC letter for accommodation sponsor be addressed to?

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mohansharma1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:48 pm

Also is there anything in particular need to be added in the letter?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:49 pm

mohansharma1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:42 pm
Many Thanks - Who should the NOC letter for accommodation sponsor be addressed to?
[/quote]

ECO/To whom it may concern

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:51 pm

mohansharma1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:48 pm
Also is there anything in particular need to be added in the letter?
Among other things that there is no objection to your spouse staying in the property when they arrive UK.
That the spouse joining you in the property will not lead to overcrowding and breach of the Housing Act.

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mohansharma1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:01 pm

Many thanks - appreciate it.

Have another question if ok - not sure how the process works in terms of lodging an application.

I will have all the docs ready this week and looking to apply next week from Chandigarh (India) as I am currently in India with my spouse.

I guess I will make the payment online, date for bio metrics will be given and then will be given a chance to either upload the docs online or go to the local vfs? Is this correct?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:23 pm

mohansharma1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:01 pm

Have another question if ok - not sure how the process works in terms of lodging an application.

I will have all the docs ready this week and looking to apply next week from Chandigarh (India) as I am currently in India with my spouse.

I guess I will make the payment online, date for bio metrics will be given and then will be given a chance to either upload the docs online or go to the local vfs? Is this correct?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1582419671

https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:24 pm

mohansharma1 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:01 pm

In principle yes ...Fill online form, Pay online, note that biometric appointment still opening up ( dont know how readily available it is at your location), then start uploading the docs or keep it with you to upload at VAC on day of biometrics.

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for a spouse visa - Sponsorship form or a letter?

Post by mohansharma1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:26 am

Hi

I am applying for a spouse visa for my wife from India and have an appointment this week. Do I need to fill in the sponsorship form SU07 or write a letter sponsoring her with details?

Kind Regards

MOhan

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for a spouse visa - Sponsorship form or a letter?

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:07 am

mohansharma1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:26 am
Hi

I am applying for a spouse visa for my wife from India and have an appointment this week. Do I need to fill in the sponsorship form SU07 or write a letter sponsoring her with details?

Kind Regards

MOhan
No, you don't need the SU07 form filled.

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse Visa - Sponsor's Passport

Post by mohansharma1 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi

I am applying for my wife's visa from india this week.

Whilst we were filling in the online form - it asked if the sponsor will be travelling to the UK with the applicant. I said yes as I am planning to come back around Diwali (November time) and have put a covering note on the application that if she gets the visa, we will potentially be travelling together.

Now looking at the list of docs asked by VFS, it is asking for sponsor's citizenship proof (British passport or uk citizenship certificate). Not sure if they mean original or copy? Does anyone know the answer to this one please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Sponsor's Passport

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:23 pm

Topics merged again!! Please do not start a new topic with each question you have. Keep all your question in one topic, this one!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Sponsor's Passport

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:25 pm

mohansharma1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:21 pm
Hi

I am applying for my wife's visa from india this week.

Whilst we were filling in the online form - it asked if the sponsor will be travelling to the UK with the applicant. I said yes as I am planning to come back around Diwali (November time) and have put a covering note on the application that if she gets the visa, we will potentially be travelling together.

Now looking at the list of docs asked by VFS, it is asking for sponsor's citizenship proof (British passport or uk citizenship certificate). Not sure if they mean original or copy? Does anyone know the answer to this one please?
NO originals of the sponsor are submitted.

Spouse visas from abroad taken many weeks. You are being very optimisitic if you believe you will get a quick turnaround. In normal times, even a priority visa can take more than 60 working days. With covid, the delays are much longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Final Check - Spouse Visa (Payslips)

Post by mohansharma1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 pm

Hi All

Just a quick question - how many months payslips do we need? Some where it shows 6 and somewhere it shows 12?

Also we have chosen document scanning service at VFS - should she take wedding card and Photographs with her?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Final Check - Spouse Visa (Payslips)

Post by Korekt » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:16 pm

mohansharma1 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 pm
Hi All

Just a quick question - how many months payslips do we need? Some where it shows 6 and somewhere it shows 12?
How are you meeting the financial requirement?
Also we have chosen document scanning service at VFS - should she take wedding card and Photographs with her?
I believe they normally request that these be copied onto A4 paper.

It's one of the reasons many choose to upload docs themselves.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."