ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:25 pm
@Gondal thanks
Its not for me. Someone I know said he can not view that option so I was just wondering if that is available for everyone or only up until June. Thanks for clarifying, seems like its open to all, maybe he is not looking at the right place.

@Vikas
Yes you do see the number of files after submission.
Thanks 👍🏻
Just thought came in my mind if I submit it now and by any chance there is a mistake then on my appointment day UKVCAS agents can atleast see what I had submitted and if any additional documents required then can be uploaded and can be sent by UKVCAS to UKVI

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:45 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Gondal thanks
Its not for me. Someone I know said he can not view that option so I was just wondering if that is available for everyone or only up until June. Thanks for clarifying, seems like its open to all, maybe he is not looking at the right place.

@Vikas
Thanks 👍🏻
Just thought came in my mind if I submit it now and by any chance there is a mistake then on my appointment day UKVCAS agents can atleast see what I had submitted and if any additional documents required then can be uploaded and can be sent by UKVCAS to UKVI
You yourself can also see the file names after submission.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:47 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:23 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:16 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:12 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:11 pm

I applied yesterday (15-07-2020) and uploaded and submitted documents to UKVI today (16-07-2020). The option was there to check a checkbox and submit all uploaded documents to UKVI.
Thanks
Note: The option is available to use only once. I can't see it now after I have submitted documents. Later there will be option to upload but not to submit to UKVI.

So I suggest to use it when sure about all documents.
After submitting do you still see the number of files that you uploaded before submitting?
Yes, I can see list of submitted documents. Also there is option available to upload new documents but no option to submit to UKVI 2nd time.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:45 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@Gondal thanks

@Vikas
Thanks 👍🏻
You yourself can also see the file names after submission.
Yes, we can see the file name but can’t see the file content whereas UKVCAS agents can see the actual file content as well

Nilang
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Nilang » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:38 pm

UKVCAS had this message since from afternoon.
16 JULY SYSTEM UPDATE This website will be temporarily unavailable today between 21:00 and 21:30, for planned maintenance

however i been logging in and it didint have any difference and even within the time frame and also after 21.30?

what do you think??

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:45 pm

Gary3000 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:06 pm
Hello all!

Questions on UKVCAS upload document page:

1- Do I need to upload my BPR copy, and if yes, is this doc needed to be uploaded at the "Optional--> Residence in the UK" tab? (Note that a *mandatory* upload is my passport!)

2- In which tab do you upload the Police Registration?

3- Proof of Identity/Travel History tab: I uploaded my travel history employer letter. But what is "Proof of Identity" here?

4- Sponsor/Employment tab: I already had to upload as *mandatory* doc my sponsorship letter before, so what would I upload here?

Overall, what UKVCAS and UKVI ask for and how they framed it is not aligned with each other, so this is confusing.

Thanks!
I have encountered the same problem. I have uploaded my documents in both locations. So there is a bit of duplication.

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:46 pm

I saw the VIP visit arrangement on UKVCAS website. Does it mean we can get an appointment if we pay extra? I haven't requested any quotes yet but I reckon it's very expensive...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:49 pm

youyuanannie wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:46 pm
I saw the VIP visit arrangement on UKVCAS website. Does it mean we can get an appointment if we pay extra? I haven't requested any quotes yet but I reckon it's very expensive...
This service is also likely not currently available. A similar service pre ukcvas when offered by UKVI, cost around £10,000 plus the application fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Nilang wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:38 pm
16 JULY SYSTEM UPDATE This website will be temporarily unavailable today between 21:00 and 21:30, for planned maintenance

however i been logging in and it didint have any difference and even within the time frame and also after 21.30?

what do you think??
The only change I could see now is they have reverted to 07th July update 😅

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:56 pm
Nilang wrote:

what do you think??

Back to the previous one now, nothing changed 🤔

skasyap
India

Post by skasyap » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:07 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Nilang wrote:

what do you think??

On the logon page now you have reset your password option which wasn’t there before 🤣🤣

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:17 pm

skasyap wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:07 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:04 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Nilang wrote:

what do you think??

On the logon page now you have reset your password option which wasn’t there before 🤣🤣
The major changes they made are; 1) the check box for "I am not a robot" is gone now; 2) they also emailed me security access code to log in for the first time.
:) :)

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:37 pm

This question is brp appointment related.
Does anyone know which month the ukvcas stop new customers from booking an appointment?
I’m just trying to understand their logic.
They’re currently dishing out emails and appointments to those who registered in May so if the depending on when they closed the registration that determines when they open for new customers . Anyone has any idea when?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:57 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:37 pm
This question is brp appointment related.
Does anyone know which month the ukvcas stop new customers from booking an appointment?
I’m just trying to understand their logic.
They’re currently dishing out emails and appointments to those who registered in May so if the depending on when they closed the registration that determines when they open for new customers . Anyone has any idea when?
No one can say for certainty. We can only speculate. They are opened now till 31st May and we will have to wait for official updates.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

pogopigi
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by pogopigi » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:48 pm

MrBarry465 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:05 pm
dsharma7 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 pm
Dekedaba wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:00 pm
It is very frustrating no doubt, but they didn't just introduce the "might take up to 6 months" part of the application process. It is and has been common knowledge for a standard application process and given that they have had to pause the priority services I guess we can only have a genuine case after 6 months post submission.

We should all be patient.
Exactly, unless there is a case who has gone past six months there is no point of raising complaints etc... as they are still within their standard timelines. Also if it goes beyond 6 months (highly unlikely) then it will be beacuse of the COVID situation which they have already informed.
All we need is to give them some time and wait 👍🏻
6 months wait was fine when there was an option of priority service. Anyone who needed it urgently could have used it. People are restless as they might need to travel due to emergency situation back home , apply for job/loan , rent a property Etc but can’t do anything at all.
Spot on, that is the biggest source of frustration for most at the moment. I've been waiting for the option of 'priority' to potentially open again - as being stuck in the country without ability to leave for 6 months is really not an option for me.

I've now decided that I'm just going to apply via the standard application process, as this is just taking to long now and they will hopefully get these moving quicker than normal.
I'm in the same boat as you, Australian and trying to fly by the end of the year but still waiting and hoping for the priority service to return which doesn't look like it will anytime soon.

Did you end up submitting your application?

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Can few people who got biometrics appointment recently confirm

* the date of submission online and
* the date of biometrics they got?

It would help us set some expectations at least. Thank you 🙏

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi mals,

Check the ILR timelines thread here:

SET (LR):
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-160.html

SET(O) SET(F) SET(M) :
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1120.html

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:39 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:11 pm
Hi mals,

Check the ILR timelines thread here:

SET (LR):
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 4-160.html

SET(O) SET(F) SET(M) :
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1120.html
Thank you ROHITSHAH4, didn't know these threads exist. 👍

kim800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kim800 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:09 pm

hi i have email from Work and contingency tier 2 and 5 operation asking me to send some documents via email for my ilr application. My question is what happens next

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:10 pm

kim800 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:09 pm
hi i have email from Work and contingency tier 2 and 5 operation asking me to send some documents via email for my ilr application. My question is what happens next
You send the documents and then you wait for further instructions on biometrics appointment or biometric reuse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kim800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kim800 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:20 pm

after sending documents for ILR application to work and contingency team , how long it will take for them to reply for instruction. Has any one received further reply and if yes what is that

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:28 pm

kim800 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:20 pm
after sending documents for ILR application to work and contingency team , how long it will take for them to reply for instruction. Has any one received further reply and if yes what is that

thanks
No one can tell you how long it will take. It depends on what date you submitted online.

You will either be notified that UKVI will reuse previous biometrics if you qualify for that or you will be contacted by UKCVAS when appointments are available for the date/month you have applied online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kim800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kim800 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:29 pm

many thanks for reply

dgeddis123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dgeddis123 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Hi All

Joining the rear of the queue today, under no illusions how long a wait we have, but like others have said we have all waited 5, 10 years or so to get this point, another wait given current circumstances was inevitable

I just have a few questions regarding what we do next. At the end of the Application, after we had paid our fee and downloaded our checklist, it states we need to "Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 18 September 2020"

I'm guessing that considering I can not book an appointment, that is no longer relevant?

Also, I'm operating under the notion that as we have submitted our application and paid our fee, our leave to remain expiration date (12th August), we also do not need to worry about over staying this, as we have a current application pending? I don not need to apply for an extension or get an appointment before that date?

And finally, I have uploaded all the documents on the UKVCAS website, I was interested in the document checking service (just to catch anything we may have uploaded incorrectly), if I submit my documents today, can I still add this service on when I finally get an opportunity to book appointment?

We are hoping that we qualify for the biometric re-use as we had our biometrics taken end of 2017 at the 2.5 year stage (but before this UKVCAS took over) so fingers remain crossed for that

Good luck everyone with your own journeys, we will all get there!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:51 pm

dgeddis123 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:24 pm
Hi All

Joining the rear of the queue today, under no illusions how long a wait we have, but like others have said we have all waited 5, 10 years or so to get this point, another wait given current circumstances was inevitable

I just have a few questions regarding what we do next. At the end of the Application, after we had paid our fee and downloaded our checklist, it states we need to "Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 18 September 2020"

I'm guessing that considering I can not book an appointment, that is no longer relevant?

Also, I'm operating under the notion that as we have submitted our application and paid our fee, our leave to remain expiration date (12th August), we also do not need to worry about over staying this, as we have a current application pending? I don not need to apply for an extension or get an appointment before that date?

And finally, I have uploaded all the documents on the UKVCAS website, I was interested in the document checking service (just to catch anything we may have uploaded incorrectly), if I submit my documents today, can I still add this service on when I finally get an opportunity to book appointment?

We are hoping that we qualify for the biometric re-use as we had our biometrics taken end of 2017 at the 2.5 year stage (but before this UKVCAS took over) so fingers remain crossed for that

Good luck everyone with your own journeys, we will all get there!
1) You will not be penalised even if you do not get an appointment before the deadline stated.
2) Correct, you are protected by Section 3C now.
3) I dont think you can add the checking service later on but you will have an option to add additional documents later on at your appointment.

P.S this is a biometrics specific thread, please keep yoir other questions in your own thread.