ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

parents of British Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweet_soul
Newly Registered

parents of British Citizen

Post by sweet_soul » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:44 pm

hello every one,

i have a query and request to please put me in the right direction.

Scenario:
Me and my only sibling both live in UK permanently with our partners. we both are married and have children too. i am a british citizen and have been living in the UK for past 18 years. our parents are old and there is no one to look after them and they live in Pakistan. i financially support them and have been doing so for past 15 years. Now, they need care and have health problems too. Dad is 76 and mum is 66.

questions:
1. under what immigration rule can i apply to permanently bring them to UK to live with us so that i can look after them?
2. costs for application? financial requirements?
3. Accommodation requirements?
4. any other rules, changes to immigration rules to look for?
5. any other advise?

i highly appreciate your help and advice.

best regards

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: parents of British Citizen

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Hello

As a British you can't. If one of your partners/spouse is European, it could be possible but British people don't have the right to bring parents to the UK.

In theory, there is a route: Adult Dependent Relative but the risk of refusal is very high. You need to demonstrate that both of your parents are physically dependent on your 24/24 care for getting fed, going to the bathroom, taking medication... and such care is not available in Pakistan.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/adult ... t-relative

Again, the risk of refusal is very high and if this happens, they won't be able to secure a visit visa to the UK during their lifetime.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Also see the links below.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... 87771.html

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... 42420.html

The cost of this visa is almost £3,500 each plus IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:00 pm
The cost of this visa is almost £3,500 each plus IHS.
I don't think that there is any IHS for Adult Dependent Relative visas.

However, the rate of refusal is very high. Only 6% of applications get approved, according to Home Office statistics. And as mentioned above, refusal also would also lead to refusal of any other future visa applications.

You may want to look at moving to another EEA member-state before 31st December and getting your parents to settle there under EU law. You will not be able to bring your parents to the UK and you will need to stay with them in that other EEA-member state until they acquire PR there after five years of residence in that other EEA member-state.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sweet_soul
Newly Registered

Post by sweet_soul » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:43 pm

thank you for reply.