ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa (Applying from Japan)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JamieM522
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

UK Spouse Visa (Applying from Japan)

Post by JamieM522 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Hello,

I have been trolling the forums for a while before making an account and I am Sorry for such a repetitive thread. However its a stressful time so I wanted to seek direction input.

I was hoping to have some questions answered and hopefully confirmation I am not missing anything,
  • I am British Male (33), I have been living in Japan for 25 Months now.
  • I have been living with my wife (32 - Japanese) for 14 Months.
  • I am handling/submitting the application for the UK Family Visa on behalf my Wife via the Savings Route.
Questions
  1. When my wife and I got married, she took my last name and disposed of her old passport as she didn't believe it would ever be needed again. Is this a problem, should i mention this in the covering letter?
  2. I am intending to use my parents house as a temporary address to move to the UK, after which we will find a place to rent. Should I omit the information that we'll be staying at my parents only temporarily?
  3. One proof of British citizenship for (Me)
    Since the application already wants my Passport, can i safely ignore this or do I need to attach my driver's license or birth certificate ?
Evidence of shared financial responsibilities
I am unsure how to prove this reliably since we're in Japan. We're unable to have a shared bank account so all , the finances are in her name. I can show a trail of my money coming from my English Bank Account to my Japanese Bank Account and then going into her Japanese Bank Account is this sufficient or do i need to include more?

Proof of relationship to your partner
I am going to assume the Marriage certificate along is not enough, so would Photos and accompanying annotations be sufficient?

Document List
Letter of Introduction/Covering Letter
My Wife's current passport + Translation
My current passport
English Requirement Certificate
My personal bank statement showing the required proof of savings.
A statement detailing the source of savings.
A letter of NoC from my parents (also explicitly stating there is no overcrowding issue).
Copy of Mortgage statement of my parents address.

Is there anything else?

To anyone who took the time to read and respond, I thank you very much!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa (Applying from Japan)

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:00 pm

JamieM522 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:46 pm
Hello,

I have been trolling the forums for a while before making an account and I am Sorry for such a repetitive thread. However its a stressful time so I wanted to seek direction input.

I was hoping to have some questions answered and hopefully confirmation I am not missing anything,
  • I am British Male (33), I have been living in Japan for 25 Months now.
  • I have been living with my wife (32 - Japanese) for 14 Months.
  • I am handling/submitting the application for the UK Family Visa on behalf my Wife via the Savings Route.
Questions
  1. When my wife and I got married, she took my last name and disposed of her old passport as she didn't believe it would ever be needed again. Is this a problem, should i mention this in the covering letter?
  2. I am intending to use my parents house as a temporary address to move to the UK, after which we will find a place to rent. Should I omit the information that we'll be staying at my parents only temporarily?
  3. One proof of British citizenship for (Me)
    Since the application already wants my Passport, can i safely ignore this or do I need to attach my driver's license or birth certificate ?
I am unsure how to prove this reliably since we're in Japan. We're unable to have a shared bank account so all , the finances are in her name. I can show a trail of my money coming from my English Bank Account to my Japanese Bank Account and then going into her Japanese Bank Account is this sufficient or do i need to include more?

I am going to assume the Marriage certificate along is not enough, so would Photos and accompanying annotations be sufficient?

Document List
Letter of Introduction/Covering Letter
My Wife's current passport + Translation
My current passport
English Requirement Certificate
My personal bank statement showing the required proof of savings.
A statement detailing the source of savings.
A letter of NoC from my parents (also explicitly stating there is no overcrowding issue).
Copy of Mortgage statement of my parents address.

Is there anything else?

To anyone who took the time to read and respond, I thank you very much!

1. Application/checklist might ask the old passport so better to keep at least its copy/image. But the visa will be issued in line with the name showing on most recent passport.

2. You don't need to unveil your long term plans of accomodation as it should at least be possessed or in occupation on the date of application & decision.

3. Your passport in original won't be required rather it will be scanned only.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.