ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application for NON EU family member with Settled Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Naturalisation application for NON EU family member with Settled Status

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:21 am

Guys do you find Online application form bit confusing .. it was not designed for people with settled status. PR application form ask to provide EU SPONSOR activities here in the UK but naturalisation application doesn't

The naturalisation application form asks for information to confirm the applicant was lawfully in the UK for the relevant 3 or 5 year years. Applicant mean it's me. No where it ask anything related to Eu sponsor. if my sponsor was exercising treaty right for 5 years before settled status

in the PR application form it says

Complete this section with details of the relevant EEA national’s activity in the UK as a qualified
person (also known as ‘exercising Treaty rights’).
‘Relevant EEA national’ means the EEA national who is or has been a qualified person. If you
(the person named in section 1) are not the relevant EEA national, you should complete this
section with details of what your EEA national sponsor (named in section 2 of this form) has
been doing
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation application for NON EU family member with Settled Status

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:05 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:21 am
Guys do you find Online application form bit confusing .. it was not designed for people with settled status. PR application form ask to provide EU SPONSOR activities here in the UK but naturalisation application doesn't.
There is an option though to select ILR including Settled Status. Also you are applying under BNA, not immigration regulations.
The naturalisation application form asks for information to confirm the applicant was lawfully in the UK for the relevant 3 or 5 year years. Applicant mean it's me. No where it ask anything related to Eu sponsor. if my sponsor was exercising treaty right for 5 years before settled status
PR or Settled Status is the basis of lawful residency - your P60s, etc, prove that you were actually resident.
The PR application is not relevant in this context, in my opinion
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:56 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:05 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:21 am
Guys do you find Online application form bit confusing .. it was not designed for people with settled status. PR application form ask to provide EU SPONSOR activities here in the UK but naturalisation application doesn't.
There is an option though to select ILR including Settled Status. Also you are applying under BNA, not immigration regulations.
PR or Settled Status is the basis of lawful residency - your P60s, etc, prove that you were actually resident.
The PR application is not relevant in this context, in my opinion
it says in the caseworker guidance " A grant of settled status (also known as indefinite leave to enter or remain) will not confirm that they were here lawfully under the EEA Regulations during that time " The naturalisation application form (Form AN) asks for information to confirm the applicant was lawfully in the UK for the relevant 3 or 5 year qualifying period . But here is the problem the application form ask for applicant ( it can be EU Sponsor or NON EU family member ) 5 years lawful residence but PR form only ask for proof that EU Sponsor was lawfully in the UK. it doesn't ask anything for NON EU
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:26 am

Alot of non eu family members of eu nationals were faced with the question and alot of people including myself selected the settled status/indefinite leave option. And where it asked for PR said No because we/i don't have PR and just provided all my personal evidences...

When you provide you previous application history, they can see what history you have and also know if you got your settled status etc.

They ask for information on parents to confirm if they are eu citizens and also wife to also know if they are citizens thisbway they know if you are also eea route and also your brp card states under what route it was granted.

Pr card wouldn't even matter because they HO are asking those with PR card to apply for settled status cos the pr card would soon become invalid...

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:07 pm

I guess it is a different question asked:
If EU citizen applies as qualified person, based on settled status, they should show that they exercised treaty rights for 5 years.
If a dependant applies, based on settled status, they should show that sponsor exersised treaty rights for 5 years.
I.e. I would think one should upload effectively the same documents as ones to use when applying for EU PR
- P60 or other documents showing that sponsor was in UK lawfully for 5 years,
- proof of relationship with sponsor (marriage/birth certificate, etc.),
- proof of dependancy if applicant is not spouse or minor child of sponsor
And submit cover letter, explaining what you are doing and why.