ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address on marriage certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LeafOnAWindyDay
BANNED
England

Address on marriage certificate

Post by LeafOnAWindyDay » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 am

Hello all,

My wife and I got married on Saturday and we’re going to apply for her first FLR(M) visa. She is from New Zealand originally.

She moved into my apartment two weeks ago, and I’ve since collected a few bills (including council tax) with both our names on, to support the visa application.

However, on the marriage certificate we received on Saturday, her address on it is the address that she lived in until two weeks ago. I think the registrar just copied the information over from when we registered our intent to marry in March.

Will this cause any issues with the visa if we say in our application that my wife moved into my apartment two weeks ago, yet the marriage certificate signed on Saturday states she lives at a different address? Or for the visa application, shall we state her move-in date as the day of the wedding? This wouldn’t be completely untrue as for the last two weeks she has been between properties in a process of moving, and will still pay rent on her previous property for another month yet. However if we do this, would I need apply for new bills to support the application?

I rent my apartment by the way, so will also need a letter from the landlord.

I might be overthinking this but I just want to make sure of everything before we apply.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Address on marriage certificate

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:41 am

She moved into my apartment two weeks ago, and I’ve since collected a few bills (including council tax) with both our names on, to support the visa application.
What visa does she currently hold? If you are newly married, there is no requirement to prove evidence of cohabitation.
However, on the marriage certificate we received on Saturday, her address on it is the address that she lived in until two weeks ago. I think the registrar just copied the information over from when we registered our intent to marry in March.

Will this cause any issues with the visa if we say in our application that my wife moved into my apartment two weeks ago, yet the marriage certificate signed on Saturday states she lives at a different address? Or for the visa application, shall we state her move-in date as the day of the wedding? This wouldn’t be completely untrue as for the last two weeks she has been between properties in a process of moving, and will still pay rent on her previous property for another month yet. However if we do this, would I need apply for new bills to support the application?
This is NOT an issue. You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LeafOnAWindyDay
BANNED
England

Re: Address on marriage certificate

Post by LeafOnAWindyDay » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:04 am

Thank you! I thought I might be overthinking.

She’s on a Youth Mobility Visa.