ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kim800
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by kim800 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi
Waiting for ILR application which can take from few weeks to months in current situation. The current medical training finishes , which means current sponsor / employer would not offer further COS.
So only option is to wait at home until ILR decision comes. It means no work for couple of months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:08 pm

kim800 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:04 pm
Hi
Waiting for ILR application which can take from few weeks to months in current situation. The current medical training finishes , which means current sponsor / employer would not offer further COS.
So only option is to wait at home until ILR decision comes. It means no work for couple of months?
Can you please stop asking general questions here NOT related to the biometric appointments, which is what this topic is very specifically for as the topic very clearly states.

You have a topic where I have already answered your question about working. Please post all your questions in your own topic NOT in this biometric topic.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1914356
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:51 pm
dgeddis123 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:24 pm
Hi All

Joining the rear of the queue today, under no illusions how long a wait we have, but like others have said we have all waited 5, 10 years or so to get this point, another wait given current circumstances was inevitable

I just have a few questions regarding what we do next. At the end of the Application, after we had paid our fee and downloaded our checklist, it states we need to "Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 18 September 2020"

I'm guessing that considering I can not book an appointment, that is no longer relevant?

Also, I'm operating under the notion that as we have submitted our application and paid our fee, our leave to remain expiration date (12th August), we also do not need to worry about over staying this, as we have a current application pending? I don not need to apply for an extension or get an appointment before that date?

And finally, I have uploaded all the documents on the UKVCAS website, I was interested in the document checking service (just to catch anything we may have uploaded incorrectly), if I submit my documents today, can I still add this service on when I finally get an opportunity to book appointment?

We are hoping that we qualify for the biometric re-use as we had our biometrics taken end of 2017 at the 2.5 year stage (but before this UKVCAS took over) so fingers remain crossed for that

Good luck everyone with your own journeys, we will all get there!
1) You will not be penalised even if you do not get an appointment before the deadline stated.
2) Correct, you are protected by Section 3C now.
3) I dont think you can add the checking service later on but you will have an option to add additional documents later on at your appointment.

P.S this is a biometrics specific thread, please keep yoir other questions in your own thread.
Additional services like document checking can be added only when there is an appointment booked or while booking the appointment.
Once you submit the documents now to UKVI without any appointment booked, UKVCAS cannot do a document check on those.
Once submitted you can upload more documents but cannot submit those to UKVI on your own, on the day of your appointment UKVCAS agent can submit those additional uploaded documents to UKVI

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:07 pm

any1 attended the biometric with no valid form of ID here pls?

I have applied for ILR 5yrs route for my wife, but her only passport and Biometic visa has expired now and waiting for appointment.

I hv written cover letter explaning why passport was not renwed (which I have not uploaded to the site yet), but want to make sure she can at least attend the appoitment.

any previous experiences on this issue pls ?

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 am

My wife was one of the luck ones that was selected not to attend the ukvcas biometric appointment. They'll use her previous fingerprints and she is supposed to give a picture online somewhat.
But after the initial email telling us she was selected, we haven't heard anything from the Home Office.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
Have you heard from the HO ever after the initial selection email? If so, when?

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:35 am

Hi all,

May I check if you have got any confirmation email after submitting document on the UKVCAS website? So far I only have one email from UKVI to confirm my payment has been made, so I am wondering if you have received any additional confirmation or system generated emails? If so, do you get it immediately after submitting your application or do you have to wait?

Thank you!

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:09 am

youyuanannie wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:35 am
Hi all,

May I check if you have got any confirmation email after submitting document on the UKVCAS website? So far I only have one email from UKVI to confirm my payment has been made, so I am wondering if you have received any additional confirmation or system generated emails? If so, do you get it immediately after submitting your application or do you have to wait?

Thank you!
Hello,

I've applied after 5 years living on Tier 2. I received an email from WandS Team (I guess this stands for work and study) to send some documents via email. I also received a generic email that the case can take longer than 6 months which is the normal maximum due to covid-19. That's all the communication from my case, I had applied in June, about a month ago. I'm waiting for more communication now.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:28 am

youyuanannie wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you!
I applied on 15th July and received only one email like you and that's payment confirmation from UKVI. There are other system generated emails on every login to UKVCAS that confirms that my account was accessed.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:43 am

Has anyone submitted their documents with the new option and then attended UKVCAS appointment and received decision/communication on their application?

Grustnyi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Grustnyi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 am

youyuanannie wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you!
I have applied in the end of June and did not receive any emails at all. Just waiting for an update when they start booking people who applied in June.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:48 am

typhoon476 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:09 am
youyuanannie wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you!
Hello,

I've applied after 5 years living on Tier 2. I received an email from WandS Team (I guess this stands for work and study) to send some documents via email. I also received a generic email that the case can take longer than 6 months which is the normal maximum due to covid-19. That's all the communication from my case, I had applied in June, about a month ago. I'm waiting for more communication now.
When did you get the email? And did you submit your documents to UKVI using the new submit option on UKVCAS website?

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:16 am

Just checked with the Covid-19 team. Image biometric reuse will be more likely end of July. Lets see if they stick to it.

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:02 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:16 am
Just checked with the Covid-19 team. Image biometric reuse will be more likely end of July. Lets see if they stick to it.
Via email or phone call?

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:01 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:43 am
Has anyone submitted their documents with the new option and then attended UKVCAS appointment and received decision/communication on their application?
I submitted my SET(LR) application on 3rd of July. Haven’t yet receive any email about reuse the biometric or submit documents via email.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:05 pm

BloodofGod123 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:02 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:16 am
Via email or phone call?
Phone call.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:20 pm

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 am
My wife was one of the luck ones that was selected not to attend the ukvcas biometric appointment. They'll use her previous fingerprints and she is supposed to give a picture online somewhat.
But after the initial email telling us she was selected, we haven't heard anything from the Home Office.
Everyone who has received email for reuse of biometric are in the same boat waiting for further updates on how to send the photo.
Will need to wait for further updates from UKVCAS or UKVI

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:37 pm

I’ve also contacted the home office and was advised that updates will be available next week. They didn’t specify what the updates are regarding however it’s likely to be related to reuse of biometric and priority services

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Post by Aerotony » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:48 pm

UKVCAS appointment now open to customers who applied before 30 June 2020

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:49 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:37 pm
I’ve also contacted the home office and was advised that updates will be available next week. They didn’t specify what the updates are regarding however it’s likely to be related to reuse of biometric and priority services
Collective effort going in some sort of Direction.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:54 pm

Aerotony wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:48 pm
UKVCAS appointment now open to customers who applied before 30 June 2020
Yes !

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833
Many Thanks .

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:58 pm

The injustice goes on and on and on. I applied in 29 March. Still can not book an appointment, and waiting for biometric re-use to be ready. But people who applied not even a month ago can submit their biometrics. (Don't get me wrong. I am happy for them)

But this has been very, incredibly frustrating for me. I will take my complaints further. Somebody needs to apologise for this failure.

humanist100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by humanist100 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:06 pm

Contact the homeoffice number, they will respond via email. Did you logon to UKVCAS and try to see if you are able to book an appointment?

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:15 pm

I already contacted UKVI and UKVCAS and lodged complaints with both of them. I am identified for biometric re-use and the UKVCAS announcement still says "few weeks" which drives me crazy. I still can not understand why did they identify people for biometric reuse if the system wasn't ready at first place!

pinku09
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinku09 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:21 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:20 pm
cliftonianbristol wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 am
Everyone who has received email for reuse of biometric are in the same boat waiting for further updates on how to send the photo.
Will need to wait for further updates from UKVCAS or UKVI
The feature is under test, expected to be rolled out in the first week of Aug. This is what a source in HO told our company head in a conversation.

mals
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mals » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:41 pm

I was checking for available appointment just like I do everyday.
I found a slot and booked it in few days time.

I am not sure how I got this despite submitting the application on 1st July.
What if I don't get an email from them inviting me to get an appointment?
are they going to turn me away 😟