ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement for FLRM

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shamy123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

English requirement for FLRM

Post by shamy123 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:08 am

Hi guys,

So I've spent quite a long time reading but cannot find an answer to an English test.

My Wife did the test @ Trinity (A2) in 2017 when we originally applied, can we use that for her extension, or do we have to re-do the same test again when we apply for the extension?

She is now on the 10 yr route, rather than 5 years as we Home Office got our application a day late, and moved us on to the 10 yr route :(

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: English requirement for FLRM

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:58 am

shamy123 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:08 am
Hi guys,

So I've spent quite a long time reading but cannot find an answer to an English test.

My Wife did the test @ Trinity (A2) in 2017 when we originally applied, can we use that for her extension, or do we have to re-do the same test again when we apply for the extension?

She is now on the 10 yr route, rather than 5 years as we Home Office got our application a day late, and moved us on to the 10 yr route :(
The A2 test is the one required for FLR (M). Though you can submit it, however It is not a requirement on the 10yr route except if you are switching back to the 5yr route.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:00 pm

shamy123 wrote:
Hi guys,

If that test has been expired and wasn't used previously for extension under 5 years of route then won't be accepted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

shamy123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shamy123 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:22 pm

The A2 test is the one required for FLR (M). Though you can submit it, however It is not a requirement on the 10yr route except if you are switching back to the 5yr route.
Yes, we are applying for her FLRM - we used this A2 test for her first extension (which was a little late), so now we are on the 10yr route - do we need to have any more English qualifications/re do this same test, for when we apply for her next extension?

PS: You mentioned switching back to the 5 yr route - is that even possible, and how? Thanks!

shamy123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shamy123 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:25 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:00 pm
shamy123 wrote:
Hi guys,

If that test has been expired and wasn't used previously for extension under 5 years of route then won't be accepted.
We used the test for her first extension (which was a day late, thus went from 5 yr route, to 10yr route)! The A2 test from Trinity has no expiry date, it just says issued Jan 2018!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:28 pm

shamy123 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:22 pm

Yes, we are applying for her FLRM - we used this A2 test for her first extension (which was a little late), so now we are on the 10yr route - do we need to have any more English qualifications/re do this same test, for when we apply for her next extension?

PS: You mentioned switching back to the 5 yr route - is that even possible, and how? Thanks!
If she was placed on 10 years of route then it means her lately done test wasn't considered so if that test has been expired now then won't be accepted for any application under 5 years of route. Ideally you should have challenged the decision by asking reconsideration on that time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.