ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shifting Company - Salary paid as Final Settlement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Shifting Company - Salary paid as Final Settlement

Post by nishantchawla » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:23 am

Hi All,

I am shifting to a new company and will be joining the new one in mid-September. Applying for Tier1 in November 2008.

Now, since I am serving notice period, my company is not paying me August salary. It is not that I’ll not get the August salary; it’ll come as part of the Full and Final Settlement. Probably in end of September I’ll get the Full and Final Settlement which would include August Salary + 15 Days of September Salary and other stuff (LTA + Medical).

How is this going to affect my Tier1 Visa Application?

If it doesn’t how should I plan my application?

What if the Full and Final Settlement is paid by Cheque instead of the money being credited to my salary account. What documents should I take from this company in this case.

I hope i have been able to explain my situation clearly. Seniors please advise.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:22 am

This wont affect ur application.
If it doesn’t how should I plan my application?
Submit documents as usual
What if the Full and Final Settlement is paid by Cheque instead of the money being credited to my salary account. What documents should I take from this company in this case.
Submit the following documents:
1. A covering letter explaining the above circumstances clearly.
2. Following documents from your company:
a. Final settlement letter from company, saying that you have been paid final settlement for august and sep by [Cheque number] drawn on [Bank Name], etc.
b. Final settlement details letter (which explains all the salary component details)
c. Photocopy of cheque
3. Following documents from Bank
a. Bank statement which shows the amount of final settlement deposited in your account (Its reference number will probably show the cheque number as well).

Above documents would be enough.

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi CoolestGuyC
Same is the Case with me.
I had a Full & Final Settlement Form signed & sealed by HR, dated 16-Nov-2007
Net pay is indicated.
The same Net pay is reflected in Bank Statements on 20-Nov-2007.
The Company has deposited the Cheque. So I didnt have the cheque Copy.
Only Description of "Final Settlement Nov 07" is there in Bank Statements.
I had a letter from Bank Manager stating that my Salaryfrom that Company had been paid into that Account till November 2007.
Is it OK
Any way I had submitted the application. But out of anxiety asking this Question.

srikp

Re: Shifting Company - Salary paid as Final Settlement

Post by srikp » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:36 pm

nishantchawla wrote:
Now, since I am serving notice period, my company is not paying me August salary. It is not that I’ll not get the August salary; it’ll come as part of the Full and Final Settlement. Probably in end of September I’ll get the Full and Final Settlement which would include August Salary + 15 Days of September Salary and other stuff (LTA + Medical).

Should not be a problem:

Tier1 guidance notes says:
===========
82. An applicant does not have to be in continuous
or full-time employment during the 12 months being
assessed.
===========

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:39 pm

what would happen if I apply for Tier 1 while I am serving a notice period at my current employment? Also will it affect if I apply for Tier 1 and then decide to change job while the Tier 1 application is still under process?

srikp

Post by srikp » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:42 am

SidSamuels wrote:what would happen if I apply for Tier 1 while I am serving a notice period at my current employment? Also will it affect if I apply for Tier 1 and then decide to change job while the Tier 1 application is still under process?
It depends on whether you are switching in-country or applying for first time.

In-country switching should not be a problem as far as I am aware. If you are applying for the first time, you'll have lesser hassles if you do not change until you get the visa.