ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Sabi92 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:22 am
Sabi92 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:44 pm
hi all

I have applied for settled status on 29/08/2019 and I haven't received a decision up to now despite several complains through local MP.

home office is keep saying they need more time because the nature of application is complex.

I have requested access through(subject access request unit) home office to see my immigration history and any notes they hold on file. received on 24/06/20.

on their notes on 25/11/2019 it says.
(Policy advice now received in relation to breastfeeding, policy remains unchanged, with potential deprivation of right to breastfeed not interfering with exercise of union rights for a British citizen child. With this in mind I have placed the application on hold 37 with a post it note with classification "AC1"

back in 2015 the judge allowed my appeal based on breastfeeding. my derivative residence card expires in December 2020. I don't hold 2.5 LTR

please senior members what does this note mean. why they are holding my application
Sorry for the words that i have described above. Some of you may find uncomfortable. but I had to write exactly what it says on the note. To have a better understanding
You don’t need to apologise. We are Zambrano carers and we have children. Some of us breastfeed while some bottle feed. Instead I should be the one apologising because I found those home office notes hilarious.

I felt the caseworker doesn’t agree with the judge’s decision, apparently feels that is not enough reason to be a Zambrano carer. ( I may be wrong).

Thanks for sharing it with us because once again it has shown me that they take decisions the way they like and interpret the way it suits them.

It’s really sad. If you hadn’t requested that particular information, you wouldn’t have known your application was put on hold.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:24 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:20 pm
Following @snooky’s advice, I have just sent my DFR1 application while my EU Settlement Scheme application is still pending since Feb .
Please what documents did you submit with the DFR1 application?.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:40 pm

IST wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:28 pm
snooky wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:18 pm
IST wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:12 pm
snooky wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Ist

When it comes to HO grammar, it is really complicated and manipulative.

As you proved them wrong and they have admitted erring in the initial decision I really find it weird why the AR reviewer could not issue you with Leave under the scheme.

But what I know about HO, caseworkers dont issue Leave. Case owners do. Case Owners are the managers and the caseworkers would have to direct their decisions to grant leave to them for further consideration.

I think this is what is happening. But all the same it is a positive story or a good news to you as the case owner will consider the recommendation of the review assessors.

Is all about time.
Snooky

I do appreciate your reply

I do find it weird also as on the AR guidance it states if you withdraw decision and grant leave.
I am confused why the AR caseworker didn’t make that decision but to send it back to initial caseworker. So decision it my go different direction
Home Office internal workings are not always published in full.

But I think the TERM sent back is within the process of grant and because reviewers cant finalise paperwork, it is always a good idea for them to give it back to case owners because they are the only people with access to your computerised data to make it work.

It is the same thing to the court procedures. After appeal is allowed, is sent back to caseworkers, then case owners and for them to mark it for post decision department for finalisation
Thank you Snooky

I will keep you updated once I hear from them,hopefully it won’t take to long time for HO to make a decision.
Did you read the AR guidance notes?. I read it just to have an idea of what happens during the review. I am preparing for all possible outcomes.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:52 pm

At times I feel like I am swimming against the current when I think about this EU settlement application, I feel like I just have to cling on any thing I get my hands on, just to keep afloat. It’s very frustrating but I just don’t want to give up.

I am very grateful for this forum, where I can can always get helpful information. Thank you all for always sharing and guiding.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:00 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:40 pm
IST wrote:
snooky wrote:
IST wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Snooky

I do appreciate your reply

I do find it weird also as on the AR guidance it states if you withdraw decision and grant leave.
I am confused why the AR caseworker didn’t make that decision but to send it back to initial caseworker. So decision it my go different direction

But I think the TERM sent back is within the process of grant and because reviewers cant finalise paperwork, it is always a good idea for them to give it back to case owners because they are the only people with access to your computerised data to make it work.

It is the same thing to the court procedures. After appeal is allowed, is sent back to caseworkers, then case owners and for them to mark it for post decision department for finalisation
Thank you Snooky

I will keep you updated once I hear from them,hopefully it won’t take to long time for HO to make a decision.
Did you read the AR guidance notes?. I read it just to have an idea of what happens during the review. I am preparing for all possible outcomes.

I don’t think you will get to that stage, as they have requested more evidence from you and you have provided them, you will be ok but just waiting game. Hopefully you will get the positive outcome soon.

I have read the AR guidance couple of time but I not sure if they will reconsider my case again or just correct the error and I don’t know how long will it take to make a decision

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:39 pm

IST wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:00 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:40 pm
IST wrote:
snooky wrote:

Thank you Snooky

I don’t think you will get to that stage, as they have requested more evidence from you and you have provided them, you will be ok but just waiting game. Hopefully you will get the positive outcome soon.

I have read the AR guidance couple of time but I not sure if they will reconsider my case again or just correct the error and I don’t know how long will it take to make a decision
Thanks. I hope so. I have been going over the previous posts on this thread and I could see home office inconsistencies even in cases, in my own thinking, I thought were straightforward.

That letter Mubashir shared was really an eye opener.

Fustrated2019
United Kingdom

Post by Fustrated2019 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:49 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:24 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Following @snooky’s advice, I have just sent my DFR1 application while my EU Settlement Scheme application is still pending since Feb .
I requested the child benefit letter and birth certificate from EU Settlement Scheme and sent that with my BRP , red book , school reports , child passport. I sent it on Wednesday, they got it on Thursday Morning and by the end of Thursday , theY had taken the money 😳. I just hope they are as quick to make a decision and hopefully a positive one

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:52 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:49 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:
I requested the child benefit letter and birth certificate from EU Settlement Scheme and sent that with my BRP , red book , school reports , child passport. I sent it on Wednesday, they got it on Thursday Morning and by the end of Thursday , theY had taken the money 😳. I just hope they are as quick to make a decision and hopefully a positive one
Did you send them by post?.

Fustrated2019
United Kingdom

Post by Fustrated2019 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:59 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:52 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Yes didn’t know there was any other way . I just printed the parts of the form that applied to a Zambrano carer

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:12 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:59 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:

Yes didn’t know there was any other way . I just printed the parts of the form that applied to a Zambrano carer
Silly question from me, who can attach red book online?. Confused.com. Good luck. I hope and pray it is a positive outcome for you.

Fustrated2019
United Kingdom

Post by Fustrated2019 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:20 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:12 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:59 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:

Silly question from me, who can attach red book online?. Confused.com. Good luck. I hope and pray it is a positive outcome for you.
Thank you, I am just taking my chances everywhere lol hopefully it works. Goodluck to you too . You are soo close to the finish line. This month is your month of rejoicing 😊

Sabi92
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Sabi92 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:50 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:15 pm
Sabi92 wrote:
Sabi92 wrote:
hi all

I have applied for settled status on 29/08/2019 and I haven't received a decision up to now despite several complains through local MP.

home office is keep saying they need more time because the nature of application is complex.

I have requested access through(subject access request unit) home office to see my immigration history and any notes they hold on file. received on 24/06/20.

(Policy advice now received in relation to breastfeeding, policy remains unchanged, with potential deprivation of right to breastfeed not interfering with exercise of union rights for a British citizen child. With this in mind I have placed the application on hold 37 with a post it note with classification "AC1"

back in 2015 the judge allowed my appeal based on breastfeeding. my derivative residence card expires in December 2020. I don't hold 2.5 LTR

please senior members what does this note mean. why they are holding my application
Sorry for the words that i have described above. Some of you may find uncomfortable. but I had to write exactly what it says on the note. To have a better understanding
You don’t need to apologise. We are Zambrano carers and we have children. Some of us breastfeed while some bottle feed. Instead I should be the one apologising because I found those home office notes hilarious.

I felt the caseworker doesn’t agree with the judge’s decision, apparently feels that is not enough reason to be a Zambrano carer. ( I may be wrong).

Thanks for sharing it with us because once again it has shown me that they take decisions the way they like and interpret the way it suits them.

It’s really sad. If you hadn’t requested that particular information, you wouldn’t have known your application was put on hold.

Sabi92
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Sabi92 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:05 pm

Sabi92 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:50 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:15 pm
Sabi92 wrote:
Sabi92 wrote:
hi all

I think what home office is trying to do is wait until December and refuse the application than.

Because that's when my derivative residence card expires and i will be having no right to appeal. ( My opinion)

I have appointment on Monday with a solicitor a see what he says. I will update you

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:42 pm

Dear all.

This breastfeeding saga has made me laugh uncontrollably because it is neither here or there.

Ok Sabi92, I am going to explain why HO put on hold your application in 2015.

This is an Unreported Upper Tribunal Case, reference IA/08694/2015 which was going on at the same time your case was at the HO..

When there's no guidance for a peculiar matter of case, and HO doesn't know how to workaround it, all what they do is to put on hold as similar case is pending at the court.

Case No IA/08694/2015, was disallowed by the FTT which has similar breastfeeding case. It went up to UT Court and the judges said this, The appeal is dismissed. The making of the decision of the First-tier Tribunal did not involve the making of an error on a point of law and shall stand..

HO and the EU rules then hasn't got a proper direction on how to deal with derived right of residence because the case law was still been tested. Even since then up until these case Nos. HU/09766/2018 & EA/07683/2016, there is no proper way.

The HO had to tweak their internal policy because the judge also made very useful notes and comments. One of Judge Duffy's Case No. IA/08694/2015 is

. Therefore, contrary to the submissions in the respondent's grounds, breastfeeding could not continue in Pakistan, as the Judge found that removal of the British citizen child would not be reasonable. Mr Duffy accepted that this was the case.
10. The Judge went on to consider the second scenario which was for the child to remain with his father in the UK but discounted this as the appellant was currently breastfeeding her son and the appellant's removal would bring this to an end. The Judge considered that it is necessary to balance the need to maintain effective immigration controls and to protect the economic wellbeing of the UK, which would outweigh the need to keep the family unit together because of the factors set out in MM (Lebanon) & Ors [2014] EWCA Civ. However the Judge found that such separation would bring breastfeeding to an end which would be contrary to the best interests of the youngest child and made the removal of the appellant disproportionate in all the circumstances. That was a finding properly open to the Judge. It is not a case of the best interests being considered as a 'trump card', contrary to ZH (Tanzania) [2011] UKSC 4 (paragraph 41) as the Judge properly considered the factors in favour of the appellant's removal.

By reading your post what the note was talking about was for the past in present because presently you're not breastfeeding and your 2015 breastfed child is 5 years now.

So as in English grammar, past participle sentences fir their internal communique shouldn't be your problem. AC1 and 37 are part of their working structure and probably means UPWARD COMMUNICATION to a supervisor to look into it.

If you read the eu settlement guidance well, it is said clearly that when caseworkers cannot understand anything within decision making, they should call for superior attention.

Again before Zambrano applicants are given settled status, they go through vigorous checks to actually see if they indeed qualified from the beginning to end.

This because under the settlement scheme, only Zambrano people settled status is actually 5 years in count including the sanneh vs SSHD. Anything less in Zambrano will give you pre settled status. To get settled status as Zambrano, you have to exercise your right constantly for all the 5 years without supervening event.

Hope you will understand. Dont bother yourself with HO jargons. They could have even deleted that from your file before posting the files to you.

Sabi92
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Sabi92 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:08 am

snooky wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:42 pm
Dear all.

This breastfeeding saga has made me laugh uncontrollably because it is neither here or there.

Ok Sabi92, I am going to explain why HO put on hold your application in 2015.

This is an Unreported Upper Tribunal Case, reference IA/08694/2015 which was going on at the same time your case was at the HO..

When there's no guidance for a peculiar matter of case, and HO doesn't know how to workaround it, all what they do is to put on hold as similar case is pending at the court.

Case No IA/08694/2015, was disallowed by the FTT which has similar breastfeeding case. It went up to UT Court and the judges said this, The appeal is dismissed. The making of the decision of the First-tier Tribunal did not involve the making of an error on a point of law and shall stand..

HO and the EU rules then hasn't got a proper direction on how to deal with derived right of residence because the case law was still been tested. Even since then up until these case Nos. HU/09766/2018 & EA/07683/2016, there is no proper way.

The HO had to tweak their internal policy because the judge also made very useful notes and comments. One of Judge Duffy's Case No. IA/08694/2015 is

. Therefore, contrary to the submissions in the respondent's grounds, breastfeeding could not continue in Pakistan, as the Judge found that removal of the British citizen child would not be reasonable. Mr Duffy accepted that this was the case.
10. The Judge went on to consider the second scenario which was for the child to remain with his father in the UK but discounted this as the appellant was currently breastfeeding her son and the appellant's removal would bring this to an end. The Judge considered that it is necessary to balance the need to maintain effective immigration controls and to protect the economic wellbeing of the UK, which would outweigh the need to keep the family unit together because of the factors set out in MM (Lebanon) & Ors [2014] EWCA Civ. However the Judge found that such separation would bring breastfeeding to an end which would be contrary to the best interests of the youngest child and made the removal of the appellant disproportionate in all the circumstances. That was a finding properly open to the Judge. It is not a case of the best interests being considered as a 'trump card', contrary to ZH (Tanzania) [2011] UKSC 4 (paragraph 41) as the Judge properly considered the factors in favour of the appellant's removal.

By reading your post what the note was talking about was for the past in present because presently you're not breastfeeding and your 2015 breastfed child is 5 years now.

So as in English grammar, past participle sentences fir their internal communique shouldn't be your problem. AC1 and 37 are part of their working structure and probably means UPWARD COMMUNICATION to a supervisor to look into it.

If you read the eu settlement guidance well, it is said clearly that when caseworkers cannot understand anything within decision making, they should call for superior attention.

Again before Zambrano applicants are given settled status, they go through vigorous checks to actually see if they indeed qualified from the beginning to end.

This because under the settlement scheme, only Zambrano people settled status is actually 5 years in count including the sanneh vs SSHD. Anything less in Zambrano will give you pre settled status. To get settled status as Zambrano, you have to exercise your right constantly for all the 5 years without supervening event.

Hope you will understand. Dont bother yourself with HO jargons. They could have even deleted that from your file before posting the files to you.
Hi snooky

Thank you for your reply. If you could help me with my situation. I have 2 children.
1.my doughter is 6 years old in November 2020
2. My son is 2 year old in January 2020

When i applied for settled status in August 2019 i have filled the application form myself as i couldn't afford hiring a solicitor. On the application form i have submitted my sons details as primary carer.

He was breastfeeding. I have explained this the reason why i can't leave the Uk.

This is the similar case for my daughter back in 2015 when the appeal was allowed

Do you think this is the reason why they hold the application?

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:25 am

Sabi92

Though you might have complicated your straight strategic chance of having Zambrano settled status, I think you rather confused them. HO caseworkers at times struggle to understand. Common sense lacks a lot.

1. With Zambrano Dr EUSS, you actually need one family member to depend on. I dont really see why you gave two children as all of them are British I suppose.

The big one who was originally the EEA family member should have been your main card as it he that gave you your initial derived right under regulation 16(5)

2. Using a different child as your dependent EEA family member for the settlement scheme means, NEW CASE, NEW ASSESSMENT, NEW RULE. The HO is going to reconsider all the evidence about your new application to make sure you still meet regulation 16. It's like reapplying for your biometric card or transferring your old visa on to a plastic biometric card under derivative right of residence rules. The rules says you have to make a new application.

Now what is happening is that, HO would be going through a lot of information on your file. If I may be right, using your younger child wouldn't give you the settled status but it the work of the caseworker to find out if in/with your previous application, you were, was, have been, still is a Zambrano carer.

This is from page 38 of 121 paragraph 2 of the version 6 of the MAIN CASEWORKERS' GUIDANCE for the EUSS

Continuous qualifying period of 5 years

An EEA citizen will be eligible for ILE or ILR under the scheme, as a relevant EEA citizen under condition 3 in rule EU11, where, at the date of application, they have
completed a continuous qualifying period of residence in the UK and Islands of 5 years – as a relevant EEA citizen, a family member of a relevant EEA citizen, a
family member who has retained the right of residence by virtue of a relationship with a relevant EEA citizen, a person with a derivative right to reside, a person with a
Zambrano right to reside, or a person who had a derivative or Zambrano right to reside, or in any
combination of those categories.

Conclusion is that, HO will not refuse your case as

A. You have already had a Zambrano Right to Reside previously and no supervening has occurred.

B. Their policy of breastfeeding though within the Unreported ruling by Judge Duffy's recommendation is brought the tension down, HO hasnt changed much on that and it is still robust.

C. Since Judge Duffy's recommendation, there has been Supreme Court Decision and direction of how to deal with Zambrano applications(Patel vs SSHD)

D. Do not bother too much about HO grammar, they also work with discretion and all what you have to do is to wait.

Your child is almost six and if you haven't yet send them the passport, just do that with a small cover letter with it outlining your cry of already been a Zambrano carer and the page in this which outline in red for their perusal

Sabi92
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Sabi92 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:13 am

snooky wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:25 am
Sabi92

Though you might have complicated your straight strategic chance of having Zambrano settled status, I think you rather confused them. HO caseworkers at times struggle to understand. Common sense lacks a lot.

1. With Zambrano Dr EU Settlement Scheme, you actually need one family member to depend on. I dont really see why you gave two children as all of them are British I suppose.

The big one who was originally the EEA family member should have been your main card as it he that gave you your initial derived right under regulation 16(5)

2. Using a different child as your dependent EEA family member for the settlement scheme means, NEW CASE, NEW ASSESSMENT, NEW RULE. The HO is going to reconsider all the evidence about your new application to make sure you still meet regulation 16. It's like reapplying for your biometric card or transferring your old visa on to a plastic biometric card under derivative right of residence rules. The rules says you have to make a new application.

Now what is happening is that, HO would be going through a lot of information on your file. If I may be right, using your younger child wouldn't give you the settled status but it the work of the caseworker to find out if in/with your previous application, you were, was, have been, still is a Zambrano carer.

This is from page 38 of 121 paragraph 2 of the version 6 of the MAIN CASEWORKERS' GUIDANCE for the EU Settlement Scheme

An EEA citizen will be eligible for ILE or ILR under the scheme, as a relevant EEA citizen under condition 3 in rule EU11, where, at the date of application, they have
completed a continuous qualifying period of residence in the UK and Islands of 5 years – as a relevant EEA citizen, a family member of a relevant EEA citizen, a
family member who has retained the right of residence by virtue of a relationship with a relevant EEA citizen, a person with a derivative right to reside, a person with a
Zambrano right to reside, or a person who had a derivative or Zambrano right to reside, or in any

A. You have already had a Zambrano Right to Reside previously and no supervening has occurred.

B. Their policy of breastfeeding though within the Unreported ruling by Judge Duffy's recommendation is brought the tension down, HO hasnt changed much on that and it is still robust.

C. Since Judge Duffy's recommendation, there has been Supreme Court Decision and direction of how to deal with Zambrano applications(Patel vs SSHD)

D. Do not bother too much about HO grammar, they also work with discretion and all what you have to do is to wait.

Your child is almost six and if you haven't yet send them the passport, just do that with a small cover letter with it outlining your cry of already been a Zambrano carer and the page in this which outline in red for their perusal

Hi snooky

I understand i have complicated the case. I should have put my oldest child details as dependent.

I have sent both my children's passport on application and i got them back with the biometric letter.

If i write them a cover letter explaining the situation and apologize. would that help?

If so what should I write on the letter. Could you help me please.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:34 am

Sabi92 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:13 am
snooky wrote:
Sabi92

1. With Zambrano Dr EU Settlement Scheme, you actually need one family member to depend on. I dont really see why you gave two children as all of them are British I suppose.

This is from page 38 of 121 paragraph 2 of the version 6 of the MAIN CASEWORKERS' GUIDANCE for the EU Settlement Scheme

Hi snooky

I understand i have complicated the case. I should have put my oldest child details as dependent.

I have sent both my children's passport on application and i got them back with the biometric letter.

If i write them a cover letter explaining the situation and apologize. would that help?

Apologise to who, the HO. Nooooooo. HO wouldn't like that.

Just wait for your decision. Remember in Zambrano Dr EUSS Guidance, Page 31 of 55 the first paragraph clearly states

Stage 3: primary carer with a Zambrano right to reside

The third stage is to consider whether the relevant person is (or, as the case may be, for the relevant period was) the primary carer of the applicant, and whether they are entitled to (or, as the case may be, for the relevant period were entitled to) a derivative right to reside by virtue of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations by satisfying the criteria in regulation 16(5).

Primary carer

A primary carer is defined under regulation 16(8) of the EEA Regulations as a direct relative or legal guardian who either:

• has primary responsibility for the child’s care
• shares equally the responsibility for the child’s care with one other person

Where the applicant has been issued with a residence card or an EEA family permit under the EEA Regulations on the basis the relevant person was their primary carer, you must assess whether the applicant is remains (or, as the case may be, for the relevant period remained) the primary carer of the relevant British citizen.

So wait and the HO will actually would have to sort the mess out by pulling all your files and go through to see
all your past and make a decision

Sabi92
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Sabi92 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:15 am

snooky wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:34 am
Sabi92 wrote:
snooky wrote:
Sabi92

Hi snooky

Apologise to who, the HO. Nooooooo. HO wouldn't like that.

Just wait for your decision. Remember in Zambrano Dr EU Settlement Scheme Guidance, Page 31 of 55 the first paragraph clearly states

Stage 3: primary carer with a Zambrano right to reside

The third stage is to consider whether the relevant person is (or, as the case may be, for the relevant period was) the primary carer of the applicant, and whether they are entitled to (or, as the case may be, for the relevant period were entitled to) a derivative right to reside by virtue of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations by satisfying the criteria in regulation 16(5).

Primary carer

A primary carer is defined under regulation 16(8) of the EEA Regulations as a direct relative or legal guardian who either:

• has primary responsibility for the child’s care
• shares equally the responsibility for the child’s care with one other person

Where the applicant has been issued with a residence card or an EEA family permit under the EEA Regulations on the basis the relevant person was their primary carer, you must assess whether the applicant is remains (or, as the case may be, for the relevant period remained) the primary carer of the relevant British citizen.

So wait and the HO will actually would have to sort the mess out by pulling all your files and go through to see
all your past and make a decision
Snooky

Thank you for your advice

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi all, the Eagle has landed in a very bad way, with broken wings and it’s beak and nails chopped off.

I had a very BIG/FAT NO patiently waiting for me in my spam mail box, from the Home Office.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Thank you for your application under the EU Settlement Scheme as a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’.
Your application has been carefully considered but from the information and evidence provided or otherwise available you do not meet the requirements of the scheme. I am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been refused.
The remainder of this letter details the reasons your application has been refused, what you can do next and the help available from us.
In making this decision, we have complied with our duty under section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009 to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of any children who may be affected by the decision, namely Xxxxxxx. This duty cannot on its own satisfy the eligibility requirements of the EU Settlement Scheme for a person with a Zambrano right to reside, but in assessing your application, the child’s best interests have been a primary consideration.
Reasons why your application has been refused
We have considered whether you meet the requirements for settled status (also known as indefinite leave to enter or remain) or pre-settled status (also known as limited leave to enter or remain) under the EU Settlement Scheme. Unfortunately, based on the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, and for the reasons set out in this letter, you do not meet the requirements.
ICD.5298 1 of 5

To qualify under the scheme you need to meet the requirements that are set out in Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. You can find out more about the requirements here www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-f ... ligibility.
You have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme as the primary carer of British citizen in the UK. Your application has been refused because the information available to us does not show that you are a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ on this basis.
To qualify for settled or pre-settled status as a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’, you must have a right to reside in the UK because you meet the relevant requirements in the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the EEA Regulations’). As you state that you are the primary carer of a British citizen, it is regulation 16(5) that is relevant in your circumstances. However, we are not satisfied that you meet the requirements of regulation 16(5) because you have not demonstrated that xxxxxxx would be unable to remain in the UK if you left the UK for an indefinite period.
You can only be considered a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ where xxxxx would be unable to reside in the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) if you were required to leave the UK for an indefinite period.
In order to demonstrate that Xxxxxxx would be unable to reside in the UK or EEA if you left the UK for an indefinite period, you must be able to show that you would be required to leave the UK as you have no other means to remain lawfully in the UK as his primary carer.
An EU Settlement Scheme application based on a Zambrano right to reside will be refused where there is a realistic prospect that an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, or otherwise relying on Article 8 (the right to respect for private and family life) of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), would succeed. This is because if you are able to obtain leave to remain in the UK on one of these bases, you will not be required to leave the UK, which means Xxxxxx will not be compelled to leave the UK or the EEA.
You cannot show that you would be required to leave the UK, and therefore cannot be considered a person with a Zambrano right to reside, if you have not made an application under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules or an Article 8 ECHR claim where there is a realistic prospect that such an application or claim would succeed.
ICD.5298 2 of 5

An Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim will be considered to have a realistic prospect of success where the applicant has family life in the UK with a British citizen and there is no apparent reason why such an application or claim would be refused.
You previously applied for leave under Appendix FM on 18 July 2017 and your application was successful. You were granted leave to remain on 12 January 2018, valid until 12 July 2020. You have not made a further application for leave to remain under this route or an Article 8 ECHR claim and the Secretary of State has not been made aware of any change to your circumstances since the decision to grant you leave.
As such, it is considered that a further application under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules or an Article 8 ECHR claim has a realistic prospect of success in your case. It is accepted, for the purposes of your EU Settlement Scheme application, that you are the primary carer of a British citizen child and there is no apparent reason why an Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim would be refused.
As you did not submit a further Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim in these circumstances, you have failed to show that you would be required to leave the UK and that Xxxxxxx would be unable to reside in the UK or EEA if you left the UK for an indefinite period. Accordingly, your application on the basis of being a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ has been refused.
Please note that this assessment is without prejudice to the outcome of any future Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim you may submit which will be determined on the basis of its individual merits.
It is considered that the information available does not show that you meet the eligibility requirements for settled status set out in rule EU11 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules or those for pre-settled status which are set out in rule EU14 of that Appendix. Therefore, you have been refused settled status and pre-settled status under rule EU6.
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and only have access to electronic copies of the documents you submitted in support of your application.
We are therefore unable to return your supporting documents at this time. However, steps will be taken to return your documents as soon as possible. In the meantime, please ensure that you keep us up to date with any change of address to ensure that documents are returned to the correct location. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
ICD.5298 3 of 5

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Sabi92 wrote:
snooky wrote:
Sabi92

Hi snooky

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:23 pm

LULUBABY

Sorry to hear what HO sent to you. Within your refusal they still claim that they recognised you as a primary carer.

Is all about money. Thats Why I have advise you guys to do EEA Zambrano because such nonesense will never be tolerated by any Court.

All what they said in the letterchas been thrown out by the courts but HO still using these guidances to score gals.

Wait for your Drf1 application and when that comes with refusal, the courts will allow the appeal. Already they have compelled you to leave the member State but still denied it

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:37 pm

snooky wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:23 pm
LULUBABY

Sorry to hear what HO sent to you. Within your refusal they still claim that they recognised you as a primary carer.

Is all about money. Thats Why I have advise you guys to do EEA Zambrano because search nonesense will never be tolerated by any Court.

All what they said has been thrown out by the courts but HO still using these guidances to score gals.

Wait for your Drf1 application and when that comes with refusal, the courts will allow the appeal. Already they have compelled you to leave the member State but still denied it
Thanks for making me feel better. I really appreciate your very prompt reply at this moment. At least the silver lining from this attempt is that they admitted that I am the primary carer of my child.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:55 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:37 pm
snooky wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:23 pm
LULUBABY

Is all about money. Thats Why I have advise you guys to do EEA Zambrano because search nonesense will never be tolerated by any Court.

All what they said has been thrown out by the courts but HO still using these guidances to score gals.

Thanks for making me feel better. I really appreciate your very prompt reply at this moment. At least the silver lining from this attempt is that they admitted that I am the primary carer of my child.
I can't fathom with the HO. Their sole motivation is money and not the welfare of anyone including the children. Do not be pushed, they will use the same rules to refuse the EEA application.

Almost all people who even want for Zambrano renewal were refused and had to go to Court. Again all new to be Zambrano to are refused since May 2019.

Everyone had to go to the courts and won the case by virtue of regulation 16 not Home Office guidance. What i know is HO want the courts to grant Zambrano not them. That's Why they dont even defend the refusal at the courts. Agenda is to give few people status under EUSS Zambrano Route.

So far all their refusal are for the People who applied before the change of FTT came in

Cheer up. I know it hurts but keep the fight on