ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TBH
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Biometric Residence Card

Post by TBH » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:51 pm

Hello Everyone.

I have just recently received my BRC as an EFM to an EU National but it is only valid until end of June 2021 subject to EU Settlement Scheme Application which I fully understand.

But my dilemma now is once this card expires what sort of document am I going to be issued for travelling and do I need to apply for it as well?

Thanks.

kamoe
European Union

Re: Biometric Residence Card

Post by kamoe » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:13 pm

TBH wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:51 pm
But my dilemma now is once this card expires what sort of document am I going to be issued for travelling and do I need to apply for it as well?
If you do nothing you will get nothing.

You will need to apply to the EUSS.
The fact that you already have a BRC as EFM does not change the fact that you need to apply, perhaps only it makes the application smoother.
I repeat, you need to apply to the EUSS.

Now for the twist: Because you already have a BRC as the EFM, when you apply to the EUSS you will only get an electronic pre-settled status, not a physical card.

If you want a physical card that shows for your new EUSS status after your current EFM card expires, then you need to apply to convert your card. See this post. You can only do this after you have acquired status under the EUSS.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Re: Biometric Residence Card

Post by kamoe » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:33 pm

Also, EEA BRCs will be valid after Dec 2020 if used to successfully apply for the Settlement Scheme. See this post.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.