ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Category B Test 1 Spouse Visa extension Application.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nbs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Category B Test 1 Spouse Visa extension Application.

Post by nbs » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:45 pm

Been a lurker on here a while and finally decided to join to get some advice and hopefully be able to contribute.

I am in the process of making an application for extension spouse visa 5 year route.

My issue is with test 1 of Category B applications. Which I must admit I have only done a handful of as I mainly do the other categories. I normally just get given the numbers from the employer. However I am not to sure the employer knows the numbers and he will not ask his accountant.

My issue is with calculating gross annual salary for sponsor due to him being paid 4 weekly @ £1400 Gross NOT monthly. I am concerned that the Home Office may misunderstand this. As most people get paid monthly or weekly.

The applicant gets paid £788.16 - 4 weekly

To get the gross annual salary at the date of application for the sponsor do I multiply £1400 x 13 = £18200

For the applicant £788.16 Gross x 13 = £10246.08

Total gross annual salary for both is £18200 + £10246.08 = £28446.08

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Category B Test 1 Spouse Visa extension Application.

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:53 pm

nbs wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:45 pm
Been a lurker on here a while and finally decided to join to get some advice and hopefully be able to contribute.

I am in the process of making an application for extension spouse visa 5 year route

My issue is with test 1 of Category B applications. Which I must admit I have only done a handful of as I mainly do the other categories. I normally just get given the numbers from the employer. However I am not to sure the employer knows the numbers and he will not ask his accountant.

My issue is with calculating gross annual salary for sponsor due to him being paid 4 weekly @ £1400 Gross NOT monthly. I am concerned that the Home Office may misunderstand this. As most people get paid monthly or weekly.

The applicant gets paid £788.16 - 4 weekly

To get the gross annual salary at the date of application for the sponsor do I multiply £1400 x 13 = £18200

For the applicant £788.16 Gross x 13 = £10246.08

Total gross annual salary for both is £18200 + £10246.08 = £28446.08

Thanks in advance
Correct calculations
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nbs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nbs » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:59 pm

Thanks very much, Seagul!

I think there may be an issue with Test 2. As sponsor can only show the last 8 to 9 months salary being banked.

The Applicant cannot rely on Cat A as she changed jobs in March 2020.

How do you think the HO will view the non-banked salary? Will they disregard the 3-4m non-banked salary to calculate the actual salary.

Sponsor has P60 which probably vouches that he has been paid that amount he claims. Any flexibility here?

All other requirements are met.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:35 pm

nbs wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:59 pm
Thanks very much, Seagul!

I think there may be an issue with Test 2. As sponsor can only show the last 8 to 9 months salary being banked.

The Applicant cannot rely on Cat A as she changed jobs in March 2020.

How do you think the HO will view the non-banked salary? Will they disregard the 3-4m non-banked salary to calculate the actual salary.

Sponsor has P60 which probably vouches that he has been paid that amount he claims. Any flexibility here?

All other requirements are met.
Unbanked wages either wouldn't be counted or depending on the caseworker's discretion only the net income (instead gross) shown on the specified bank statements will count. P60 may shows the earning but most often contain the financial information which is impertinent to the period needs to be covered for visa purposes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

nbs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nbs » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Thanks for the reply Seagul.

I am finding the UK Visa Family route application Finance section a bit confusing for the applicant who has changed jobs in March 2020.

It asks for the jobs in the last 12m:-

What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)? (Current employment)

&

What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)? (Previous employment)

Am I correct in saying that these two numbers are the gross actual pay for the current employer and the previous employer. Adding these two numbers together will give you the Cat B test 2 answer (Actual salary/income received in the 12 months prior to the application.)?

Going by that the sponsor who has not changed jobs - it is the Actual salary/income received in the 12 months prior to the application.

Oddly the it says right after the documents for the sponsor who has not chnaged job "to provide Payslips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application." Which I think to be wrong and misleading. And for the Applicant who has change jobs she has to provide 12 months payslips.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:45 pm

nbs wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:46 pm
Am I correct in saying that these two numbers are the gross actual pay for the current employer and the previous employer.

Adding these two numbers together will give you the Cat B test 2 answer (Actual salary/income received in the 12 months prior to the application.)?
Yes and also the income must be at least £18600 at the time of application.
nbs wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Oddly the it says right after the documents for the sponsor who has not chnaged job "to provide Payslips covering a period of 6 months prior to the date of application." Which I think to be wrong and misleading. And for the Applicant who has change jobs she has to provide 12 months payslips.
Both incomes have to be combined under category B where sponsor can include his payslips from previous jobs as well covering the last 12 months.

nbs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nbs » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:24 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:45 pm

Yes and also the income must be at least £18600 at the time of application.
Thanks again Seagul.

There is no box to put the income on the application at the time of application.

I am going to cover them in my cover letter and submissions. That is the only way.