ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:21 pm

Naphtha wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:39 pm
I did receive an email from UKVCAS saying that I can now book an appointment.

Has anyone managed to find a slot that is free of charge? I just find it outrageous that I cannot find any. It feels like UKVCAS is making money out of me with this coronavirus thing :roll:
Do you mind sharing what date you applied please? Also, when did you last submit your biometrics?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:47 pm

I applied 3rd of June 2020 but I haven't received any email, been checking my Inbox and spam all day.

Naphtha
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by Naphtha » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:21 pm
Naphtha wrote:

Has anyone managed to find a slot that is free of charge? I just find it outrageous that I cannot find any. It feels like UKVCAS is making money out of me with this coronavirus thing :roll:
Do you mind sharing what date you applied please? Also, when did you last submit your biometrics?
I applied on 17th June. I cannot reuse biometrics.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:01 pm

Could anyone or the moderator help me clarify this.
We are currently in July so will the UKVCAS open for new customers after they finish June application? I’m really confused as my application was not made online so I didn’t register like everyone else.
Also, my ltr decision was made in June so Am I not supposed to be able to make appointments now?
I’m really confused about the whole situation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:01 pm
We are currently in July so will the UKVCAS open for new customers after they finish June application? I’m really confused as my application was not made online so I didn’t register like everyone else.
Also, my ltr decision was made in June so Am I not supposed to be able to make appointments now?
If you did not make an application online, you probably will have to wait till HO sends you post regarding the next step in due course.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:05 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:02 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
If you did not make an application online, you probably will have to wait till HO sends you post regarding the next step in due course.
This users situation is complicated and they have been asked before not to post in the biometric topics but in the asylum topic where their full history is. Asylum claim failed and ltr FLR fp was offered but user was asked to enrol biomterics within a set timeframe weeks ago and clearly hasn't as yet.

See they are now posting in British citizenship topic!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:07 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
This topic is for British citizenship applications and not general visa or ILR!!!

Please do NOT keep posting in topics that are not relevant to your complicated circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Update...

I just logged into my account online now and saw that I was able to book appointment so I booked it for tomorrow but I paid £135 for it. Applied 28th June 2020

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:20 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:14 pm
Update...

I just logged into my account online now and saw that I was able to book appointment so I booked it for tomorrow but I paid £135 for it. Applied 28th June 2020
Did you receive an email to book?

Not sure how it works, this time users are reporting to book even without receiving an email.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:22 pm

@axeman
I applied on 22June but have not heard anything. I can not even see any slots to book. I am assuming maybe the system pushes emails in Alphabetical order rather than date order. Do you mind sharing the first Alphabet your email starts with? Thanks

Also when did you submit your biometrics last time?

axeman85
Ghana

Post by axeman85 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:33 pm

@cullinan

I didnt get any email to book. I just logged into the system and saw rhat dates was available to book so I did and besides as I am typing this now. I just got the email to book appointment

Last time I did biometrics was when I applied for settled status june 2019. First alphabet is B
Last edited by axeman85 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:35 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:33 pm
@cullinan

I didnt get any email to book. I just logged into the system and saw rhat dates was available to book so I did and besides as I am typing this now. I just got the email to book appointment
Its my speculation but most probably the emails are pushed through alphabetical order within the date period.

Thanks. I am alphabet H

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:39 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:33 pm
@cullinan

Last time I did biometrics was when I applied for settled status june 2019. First alphabet is B

Not sure what the eligibility criteria for re-use is then as you submitted your last biometrics just very recently.

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:12 pm

I am so angry, did my application on the 3rd of June, last did biometrics in 2016. This is so frustrating, I have logged in and cannot see any free appointments, this is ridiculous

Cacatua
Newly Registered
France

Post by Cacatua » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:14 pm

Naphtha wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:05 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:53 pm
Naphtha wrote:

The UKCVAS fees have been in place since November 2018, it isn't anything new or anything to do with COVID. If there are no free appointments, it means they have all likely been booked already. Also depends how flexible you are with date and time.
So do you think that there will be no appointments that are free of charge for a while?
I haven't seen any for a while. I am considering to pay the fees rather than going to a free appointment. There will be more service points opening soon though so I don't know how that will increse number of slots.

Someone who's managed to book free appointment can they share how long took to find a free slot?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Goldfinger1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:12 pm
I am so angry, did my application on the 3rd of June, last did biometrics in 2016. This is so frustrating, I have logged in and cannot see any free appointments, this is ridiculous
I am speculating that the system pushes through emails as per alphabetical order within the date range allowed.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:07 pm
Violetsareblue wrote:
This topic is for British citizenship applications and not general visa or ILR!!!

Please do NOT keep posting in topics that are not relevant to your complicated circumstances.
Apologies.
The topic doesn’t specify so I wasn’t aware. Just curious that’s all.

swagill
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brunei

Post by swagill » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:49 am

Any from 1st June to 14th June manage to book appointment?

I have applied in first week of June. I have not received any email to book or re-use biometric so far.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:12 am

Hello has anyone who can reuse biometrics receive any follow up from ukvcas ?

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:13 am

I have a question. Will I be required to bring all the original documents to the appointment?
I uploaded my husbands passport as part of supporting evidence, will I need to bring that along as well?

hgvhgvh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hgvhgvh » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:30 am

swagill wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:49 am
Any from 1st June to 14th June manage to book appointment?

I have applied in first week of June. I have not received any email to book or re-use biometric so far.
I have got the email yesterday where UKVCAS says I can now book my slot. However it seems the UKVCAS portal is not working? Anyone with the same problem? I used both the standard login and the login following the URL from the UKVCAS email.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:34 am

I applied on 22nd June and still no email! 🥴

hgvhgvh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hgvhgvh » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:36 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:34 am
I applied torward the beginning of June but even with the email I have now received I cannot book :|

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:38 am

hgvhgvh wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:36 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:34 am
I applied torward the beginning of June but even with the email I have now received I cannot book :|
What is the issue you facing?

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:39 am

@hgvhgvh If you don't mind asking when did you submit your biometrics last time ?

I have submitted my application on 18th June and last biometrics submitted in 2019 for ILR but still not recieved any email from UKVCAS for appointment booking or biometrics reuse.

Thanks