ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long to Come to UK once Spouse Visa Accepted?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babar1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Staying abroad once visa application accepted

Post by babar1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi All,

My wife lives abroad while I'm a British Citizen. She is currently in her first year of Uni. I was wondering once the spouse visa application is accepted. Can she still complete her uni in her country and visit a few times a year to UK and still have a valid visa for here?

Thanks,
Babar.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Staying abroad once visa application accepted

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:22 pm

There is NO absence limit for a spouse visa holder.

There is evidence of cohabitation in both your names required for the visa extension and ILR in the future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Staying abroad once visa application accepted

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:05 pm

babar1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:10 pm
Hi All,

My wife lives abroad while I'm a British Citizen. She is currently in her first year of Uni. I was wondering once the spouse visa application is accepted. Can she still complete her uni in her country and visit a few times a year to UK and still have a valid visa for here?

Thanks,
Babar.
Such practice might be accomplishable transiently but if GOD forbidden at any point in future if the requirement for FLRM extension couldn't be met then she might not be offered with FLRFP because she won't be appeared to have insurmountable obstacles in relocating back home.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

babar1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How long to Come to UK once Spouse Visa Accepted?

Post by babar1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:44 am

Hi All,

My wife is needs to complete a year of university in her country which will end in July 2021. If we apply for a spouse visa in October and say it takes us 4 months to get it, how long does she have to travel to UK to live here?
Can she complete her Uni year in July and then travel?

Thank you Kindly,
Babar.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How long to Come to UK once Spouse Visa Accepted?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:49 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:50 am

babar1 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:44 am
Hi All,

My wife is needs to complete a year of university in her country which will end in July 2021. If we apply for a spouse visa in October and say it takes us 4 months to get it, how long does she have to travel to UK to live here?

Thank you Kindly,
Babar.
She will initially be granted a visa vignette valid for 30 days to facilitate her entry to the UK. Once in the UK, she must collect her biometric residence permit from your nominated Post Office within 10 days or so.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:50 am
babar1 wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you Kindly,
Babar.
She will initially be granted a visa vignette valid for 30 days to facilitate her entry to the UK. Once in the UK, she must collect her biometric residence permit from your nominated Post Office within 10 days or so.
Under normal conditions Vignette for entry is usually valid for 30 days, this can be re-newed at a cost but I think only for maximum of 3 months (I don't know exact cost each time but it I think it is between 150 - 300 GBP so for 3 months it can be very expensive).

Due to coronavirus UKVI are currently giving 3 months vignette validity free of charge, however as you will be applying in October there is no guarantee this will remain to be the case.

The normal service level for Spouse Visa non-priority is around 60 working days, although due to Covid-19 UKVI have not been meeting this service level.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:04 pm

babar1 wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you Kindly,
Babar.
When your spouse gets the entry visa vignette whatever the validity, she needs to come into the UK to pick up her BRP, then she is can travel back to home country.
For her next extension, cohabitation documents required is for last 24months so depending on when you apply and get granted the visa you both could hypothetically have 6months to play around with for the purposes of her university study.
Also, note that IHS fees will increase in October to over £600/year.
The final decision ultimately lies with you and applicant.