ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wait time on ILR for dependent spouse and child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Farrukh_2000
United Kingdom

Wait time on ILR for dependent spouse and child

Post by Farrukh_2000 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Hi every one
Can someone please guide on this
I currently hold ILR with TIER 2 (5yrs) and will be applying for naturalisation on 1st Aug.
Now my dependent spouse and child who are on PBS tier 2 for last 5 years have applied for ILR awaiting decision.
Q1.if I get naturalisation in the next three months and my wife and dependent child manage to get ILR by then , can they apply straightaway for naturalisation or they will have to wait for one year like I did?
Q2. If yes to above answer , can they apply even with my approval to naturalisation or they will wait until I get my passport?
If no to Q1. What’s the reason as in immigration guide it says if you’re partner to BC u don’t have to wait?
Please if someone may answer clearly as it would affect our future plan for relocation.
Thanking in anticipation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wait time on ILR for dependent spouse and child

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:19 pm

Q1.if I get naturalisation in the next three months and my wife and dependent child manage to get ILR by then , can they apply straightaway for naturalisation or they will have to wait for one year like I did?
They can apply as soon as they have ILR provided you are British at that time (i.e. have attended your ceremony) and your wife meets the 3 years residence requirements.
Q2. If yes to above answer , can they apply even with my approval to naturalisation or they will wait until I get my passport?
They have to wait until you are officially British, which is once you have attended your ceremony.
If no to Q1. What’s the reason as in immigration guide it says if you’re partner to BC u don’t have to wait?
You have to be British, not having an application for citizenship pending. Your application could take many months, you don't know. She doesn't have to wait provided you are British, which you currently are not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Farrukh_2000
United Kingdom

Re: Wait time on ILR for dependent spouse and child

Post by Farrukh_2000 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Thanks a lot
It was helpful