ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading scanned docs AFTER making biometric appointment?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

How far in advance can I apply for a Spouse Visa?

Post by markiemark » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:34 pm

Can I apply now, and specify a future date when I intend to move to the UK? If so, how far I to the future can I request?

Secondly, once the visa is approved is there a certain amount of time before the visa expires of I don't travel? ie: is it only valid for 30 days or somehing like that?

Finally, is it right that can now take over six months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How far in advance can I apply for a Spouse Visa?

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:14 pm

Can I apply now, and specify a future date when I intend to move to the UK? If so, how far I to the future can I request?
You can ask for a future date no more than 3 months in the future.
Secondly, once the visa is approved is there a certain amount of time before the visa expires of I don't travel? ie: is it only valid for 30 days or somehing like that?
Yes, it is an initial 30 day visa vignette.
Yes, sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: How far in advance can I apply for a Spouse Visa?

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:22 pm

markiemark wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:34 pm
Can I apply now, and specify a future date when I intend to move to the UK? If so, how far I to the future can I request? Yes, you can indicate in the application a future date by which you want the vignette to start reading from.

Secondly, once the visa is approved is there a certain amount of time before the visa expires of I don't travel? ie: is it only valid for 30 days or somehing like that? Yes, the visa vignette which grants you entry into the country is valid for 30 days within which you are expected to to enter into the UK and thereafter pick up your BRP. However, should it expire you can apply to get a new vignette. Note that the used up period prior to entry shorten the initial 33months.

With the current Covid-19 situation, an estimated time can not be given. So probably up to 6months, timeline threads are open with people waiting since February. Situations not so clear yet.

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Cash Savings route, is more better?

Post by markiemark » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:16 pm

We already sold our home in anticipation of returning to the UK, and are going the cash savings route for my spouse visa application. We have no jobs, but have much more than the required 62,500 in savings (closer to 500,000 GBP). Is it better to declare all of our savings? It is split over multiple banks and multiple accounts within those banks. Or if one account has 80,000 GBP should we just list that one account and leave it at that?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cash Savings route, is more better?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cash Savings route, is more better?

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:27 pm

markiemark wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:16 pm
We already sold our home in anticipation of returning to the UK, and are going the cash savings route for my spouse visa application. We have no jobs, but have much more than the required 62,500 in savings (closer to 500,000 GBP). Is it better to declare all of our savings? It is split over multiple banks and multiple accounts within those banks. Or if one account has 80,000 GBP should we just list that one account and leave it at that?
No need to declare all savings accounts. If you have one that meets the requirement, it is sufficient. You will need the official paper trail of where the money came from.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Cash savings, print out online statement?

Post by markiemark » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:07 am

All of our bank accounts are paperless, online only statements.

Can I just print out the online statements myself and submit those? (And upload the PDFs that I download myself from the banks website) Or do I have to contact the banks and ask for copy statements? Does the bank need to do anything special? I phoned Bank of America, and they said I can just print off online, or they can mail out copies for a fee but they would be exactly the same as if I print them myself from online.

The total needed is spread across several bank accounts with different banks, some in USA and some in UK. How "accessible" do the funds have to be? Some are savings bonds in the UK, and some are CDs in USA. One matures in a few months, one in a year from now. Will they still count?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Cash savings, print out online statement?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:13 am

markiemark wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:07 am
All of our bank accounts are paperless, online only statements.

Can I just print out the online statements myself and submit those? (And upload the PDFs that I download myself from the banks website) Or do I have to contact the banks and ask for copy statements? Does the bank need to do anything special? I phoned Bank of America, and they said I can just print off online, or they can mail out copies for a fee but they would be exactly the same as if I print them myself from online.

The total needed is spread across several bank accounts with different banks, some in USA and some in UK. How "accessible" do the funds have to be? Some are savings bonds in the UK, and some are CDs in USA. One matures in a few months, one in a year from now. Will they still count?
Page 52 if Appendix 1.7 Financial Requirements in link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Cash Savings, evidence

Post by markiemark » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:10 pm

"3.3.4. Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively, electronic bank
statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have
to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the
bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear
the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page."

Does that mean the standard bank statement that comes in the mail every month would work? They are not on any special stationary, or have any official stamps on each page?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:45 pm

markiemark wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:10 pm
"3.3.4. Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively, electronic bank
statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have
to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the
bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear
the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page."

Does that mean the standard bank statement that comes in the mail every month would work? They are not on any special stationary, or have any official stamps on each page?
Many replacement/duplicate statements sent by post aren't necessarily on bank official stationary. I suspect that all guidances haven't been updated since the launch of UKVCAS who transformed everything into paperless. Many members have been getting success with their online bank statements if these are identical to original ones.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:04 pm

markiemark wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:10 pm
Certainly.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Printing and scanning evidence

Post by markiemark » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:55 am

As few questions about copies and scanning evidence:

1. Copies of my current and previous passports, do I need to make copies of every page or just pages with stamps or visas? (skip blank pages)

2. Do the copies of passports need to be in color?

3. When I upload scans, should I scan the black n white copies (assuming bw copies are okay), or scan the original passport again?

4. When uploading pdf scans of six months worth of bank statements for multiple accounts, should I merge all six months into one multi page PDF for each account? Or a separate PDF for each actual statement?

5. Any news on when Application Support Centers will start taking new appointments for biometrics?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Printing and scanning evidence

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:23 pm

markiemark wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:55 am
As few questions about copies and scanning evidence:

1. Copies of my current and previous passports, do I need to make copies of every page or just pages with stamps or visas? (skip blank pages) Scan all pages.

2. Do the copies of passports need to be in color? No, can be in grey scale or BW though color will give a better presentation.

3. When I upload scans, should I scan the black n white copies (assuming bw copies are okay), or scan the original passport again? See reply in 2.

4. When uploading pdf scans of six months worth of bank statements for multiple accounts, should I merge all six months into one multi page PDF for each account? Or a separate PDF for each actual statement? Scan and merge in sequential order of months for each account and name them as per source/bank.

5. Any news on when Application Support Centers will start taking new appointments for biometrics?
Check website/online for this.

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Printing and scanning evidence

Post by markiemark » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Thanks!

One more . . .

What is Appendix II ? (It's one of the upload categories on the vfs site).

Are there any specific instructions online for how to organize/group my documents to mail in after uploading and attending biometric appointment?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:19 pm

markiemark wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm
Thanks!

One more . . .

What is Appendix II ? (It's one of the upload categories on the vfs site).

Are there any specific instructions online for how to organize/group my documents to mail in after uploading and attending biometric appointment?
Appendix 2 is a form where in details about employment and financial information are imputed. Since the application is now online, this aspect is incorporated into what is filled online. This means you do not need to bother about Appendix 2 anymore.

When you get to the point of upload, you will see the sections/categorization for document upload. Note that if you are considering self upload, do this before you go for biometric appointment.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:49 pm

markiemark wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... eDocuments
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

I'm missing an old passport

Post by markiemark » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 pm

I just realized that I am missing one of my old passports. Does it really matter?

I am applying for a spouse visa via cash savings route. Was just scanning my documents, when I realized an old previous passport is missing.

I have my current USA passport ssued in 2016, and the one before that for 2006 to 2016, and also 1985 to 1995. But I am missing the one from 1996 to 2006.

Does it matter? Do I need to do anything?

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

After self upload, what needs to be mailed in?

Post by markiemark » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:02 am

If I am sell uploading scans of.my supporting documents, after my biometric appointment at an Application Support Center in the USA, what needs to be mailed off? Besides my passport? And do I send originals, or copies?

I really only have:

Passports (current and previous)
Bank Statements
Declaration of source of savings
Marriage Certificate
A few other bills,etc

In one place I read the only original I need to mail off is my passport. But do I mail copies of everything else? (Including my old passports?) Or mail off nothing else, and they just accept the scans?

JamieM522
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Re: I'm missing an old passport

Post by JamieM522 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:36 am

markiemark wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:23 pm
I just realized that I am missing one of my old passports. Does it really matter?

I am applying for a spouse visa via cash savings route. Was just scanning my documents, when I realized an old previous passport is missing.

I have my current USA passport ssued in 2016, and the one before that for 2006 to 2016, and also 1985 to 1995. But I am missing the one from 1996 to 2006.

Does it matter? Do I need to do anything?
Sorry for Quoting your Message, but I am in the same situation, I am Hoping that if you the answer I might see it too..

My wife (Japanese) disposed of her old passport when we got married (Nearly 1 Year ago), as such she only has the passport which has not yet been used. Will this cause a problem in our Family visa application (Savings route).

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Uploading scanned docs AFTER making biometric appointment?

Post by markiemark » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:11 pm

I am in the USA, and self uploading PDF scans of required documents via the VFS website.

It says I can upload docs up til the day before my appointment (which is next Friday). And it appears to let me upload more docs, but the appointment receipt which lists all uploaded docs only shows the ones that I uploaded before making my biometric appointment.

Is there a way to generate an updated receipt?

I have tried clicking on download receipt again, and also print receipt again, but both are just the same original receipt still not showing newly uploaded docs.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Covee
United Kingdom

Re: Uploading scanned docs AFTER making biometric appointment?

Post by Covee » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:21 pm

markiemark wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:11 pm
I am in the USA, and self uploading PDF scans of required documents via the VFS website.

It says I can upload docs up til the day before my appointment (which is next Friday). And it appears to let me upload more docs, but the appointment receipt which lists all uploaded docs only shows the ones that I uploaded before making my biometric appointment.

Is there a way to generate an updated receipt?

I have tried clicking on download receipt again, and also print receipt again, but both are just the same original receipt still not showing newly uploaded docs.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
I removed all the documents and re-uploaded them one by one, and then generated the receipt. When I used the system it let you remove/upload documents until the biometric appoint. Then the documents in the system on the day of the Biometric appointment are the final documents which get sent to UKVI.

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by markiemark » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:13 pm

I considered doing that, but I am scared that of I deleting everything, and then not being able to reupload or have a receipt that is blank.

Right now, it seems like everything has uploaded, it's just the receipt that doesn't update

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by markiemark » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:13 pm

I considered doing that, but I am scared that of I deleting everything, and then not being able to reupload or have a receipt that is blank.

Right now, it seems like everything has uploaded, it's just the receipt that doesn't update

markiemark
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by markiemark » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:26 am

Okay, I did it!

Deleting everything and uploading everything at the same time, one at a time, worked!

Phew! Only two days to go until my biometric appointment, my heart was pounding hitting the delete button. That website is so bad, I was just hoping I didn't hit a glitch when uploading everything for the second time. But it worked. Now fingers crossed for the rest of the process!!!

Thanks for everyone's input. You have all bee a great help!