ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:57 am

FazT28 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:56 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 am
I applied on 22nd of June, and haven't heard anything from UKVCAS.

My employer emailed me when my visa was about to expire to ask my of my intentions etc. it expired on 17th July, now they have asked me they want to do the right to work checks and I have provided the consent and also my Unique reference number, anyone knows how that is done usually please?

Hopefully UKVI have the record of me submitting the application because they generated the UAN.
Correct me if I’m wrong. UAN number is not home office case ID/reference number? It’s UAN issued by UKVCAS for biometric appointment purposes only and Employer won’t be able to use this to check employer status. Employer needs home office case ID or reference number. isn’t it?
If you check the PDF of the completed form, you will find a Unique Application Reference number on the top. That is from UKVI and you can use that.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:04 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:53 am
ap1410 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:50 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Any idea if they are going to send biometric reuse for June applicants? Haven’t heard anyone getting biometric biometric reuse email so far for June applicants
Most probably yes. Will have to wait and see till 23rd.
@CULLILAN : Is the ILR appointment backlog queue separate from the Tier 2 Visa appointment backlog queue ? It seems like the ILR appointment emails are coming earlier . Or am I just assuming this . I made an application for a Tier 2 Visa on June 15th and still waiting for an email for biometrics reuse or appointment bookings. Any idea or a guess?
I am not sure how this system is working and no one can really answer this with certainty. It is very clear, the system is not following the date of registration within the date range!! I am assuming, system either is following an alphabetical order OR applicants who are eligible for biometrics are receiving emails first, and reuse biometrics applicants will follow soon within the date range.
I agree with you , like you said "applicants who are eligible for biometrics are receiving emails first, and reuse biometrics applicants will follow soon within the date range" ... that probably seems like it.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:11 am

Daided wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:54 am
debrancherenzym wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 am
I applied on 22nd of June, and haven't heard anything from UKVCAS.

My employer emailed me when my visa was about to expire to ask my of my intentions etc. it expired on 17th July, now they have asked me they want to do the right to work checks and I have provided the consent and also my Unique reference number, anyone knows how that is done usually please?

Hopefully UKVI have the record of me submitting the application because they generated the UAN.
My employer did their checks with my UAN, and yes, the Home Office confirmed them I can continue working legally for the next 6 months until my application is decided. If the application takes longer they have to do the check again with the same UAN.
Don't worry, as long as you have your UAN, both your employer and landlord/estate agent can check whether they can legally employ you or offer a tenancy
Cheers and thank you for this, appreciate your response

Mitras
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mitras » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:48 am

I applied on 1st July - Set(M) dependent of a British citizen. - Received a confirmation email that they have received the payment.
uploaded the documents on 5th July.
The option to submit the documents to UKVI appeared on 11th July and I confirmed.
Waiting with my fingers crossed for further email to book the appointment.
During this entire process, I did not get any email except the first step.
I had given my biometric in 2018 for renewal. Hoping they will reuse. I have not received any email for this as well.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Mitras wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:48 am
I applied on 1st July - Set(M) dependent of a British citizen. - Received a confirmation email that they have received the payment.
The option to submit the documents to UKVI appeared on 11th July and I confirmed.
I had given my biometric in 2018 for renewal. Hoping they will reuse. I have not received any email for this as well.
They have opened the slots only for the applicants who applied untill 30th June

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:20 pm

Many people like myself who applied in April or May and are unable to book an appointment due to biometric reuse, feel that it is unfair that people who have just recently applied in June and July are getting UVCAS appointments. However, I feel that UKVCAS appointment is just one step and does not mean the decision on application will be made immediately by UKVI just because they had their appointments done. May be UKVI will follow the order when it comes to making decisions on the applications.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:00 pm

I couldn't log onto UKVCAS since 12:30. does anyone else have the same issue? thanks

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:04 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:00 pm
I couldn't log onto UKVCAS since 12:30. does anyone else have the same issue? thanks
Seems like another update...lets wait and see.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:29 pm

I have an update that I want to share, it may help somebody:
  • ILR application submitted on 15 July 2020 and documents uploaded and submitted to UKVI on 16th July
  • Received email from "WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk" today on 21st July requesting documents (Strange that I already submitted document to UKVI via UKVCAS but they are asking again). Following is the text of email:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing in relation to the application you have submitted for Indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 General in the United Kingdom under application reference number XXXXXX.

Unfortunately, due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and the latest government advice, for the safety of our customers and our staff, we have temporarily suspended the UKVCAS service locations where you would ordinarily take your documents to be scanned in support of your application along with submitting your biometric details.

We are keen for this disruption to have a minimal impact on our processing times and as such we are asking that you send us scanned copies of the following documents:

- Current employer letter
    - Full list of absences from the United Kingdom during the qualifying 5 year period
    - Personal bank statement dated within 28 days of application date confirming latest pay (not required for Minister of Religion applications)
    - Payslip to correspond with above bank statement (not required for Minister of Religion applications)
    - Police Registration Certificate (If you were asked to register with the police on your previous grant of leave)
    - Confirmation if you sat a Life in the UK test prior to 21st March 2020 and if so provide the test reference number

To the e-mail address WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk where we will be able to process your application to the next stage of our assessment which will minimise delays to your application caused by these extraordinary circumstances.

If you are unable to provide the requested documents due to the current situation, please reply to the above e-mail address. This will not adversely affect your application.

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
    solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
    If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
    it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
    This email message has been swept for computer viruses.
  • I tried to send same set of documents that I uploaded on UKVCAS but email failed with alert that email failed due to email size limit. My email size was 26 MB but 25 MB is the limit. Strange that all documents total size was 19MB, may be other email text/headers all combined makes it 26 MB. Following is the text:
    This message wasn't delivered to anyone because it's too large. The limit is 25 MB. This message is 26 MB.

W&S Contingency Casework Document Return (WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk)
    This message won't be sent because it's too large.
  • Reduced size of some files and sent again, no errors after that. Asked for acknowledgement in new email.

FazT28
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FazT28 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 pm

• Reduced size of some files and sent again, no errors after that. Asked for acknowledgement in new email.
[/quote]

May I ask how did you reduce the file size? I have files over the allowed limits also.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:50 pm

FazT28 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 pm
May I ask how did you reduce the file size? I have files over the allowed limits also.
[/quote]

I do following steps:

- Scanned documents in PNG to JPG format with high quality (600 dpi)
- Resizing images to 1000 pixel (width) with windows paint application for documents which are normal
- Keeping high quality for important documents like bank statement which has smaller text (not resizing)
- Using "Image to PDF" software for converting images to pdf, it compress images further and size of document is reduced. Search on google for this free software.

I hope it will help.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:52 pm

Sounds abit out of the Box. My assessment is they may have looked at reuse Biometric applications and may have made interim decision of approval. They just probably want to confirm the identity. What does others think in the same reuse Biometric category. Please share your thoughts.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Seems like UKVCAS is down. It say the message: “We are currently experiencing issues, please try again.”

Edit: working fine now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:17 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:52 pm
Sounds abit out of the Box. My assessment is they may have looked at reuse Biometric applications and may have made interim decision of approval. They just probably want to confirm the identity. What does others think in the same reuse Biometric category. Please share your thoughts.
Exactly, they have all the info to make an interim decision and once the photo upload function is available they can rollout their decisions, unless someone is uploading altogether a different person’s photo 😀

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:30 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:17 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Exactly, they have all the info to make an interim decision and once the photo upload function is available they can rollout their decisions, unless someone is uploading altogether a different person’s photo 😀
True. Are you from same Category?

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:38 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:30 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
You guys when did your Last BIO -recent years(during extn) or 5 years before when you apply (initially)?
Many Thanks .

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:02 pm

I submitted my fingerprints Aug 2015. Not sure if I am eligible for the reuse...

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:12 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
None 😀 applied in June and waiting for any email either biometric or reuse

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:38 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
You guys when did your Last BIO -recent years(during extn) or 5 years before when you apply (initially)?
Mine was taken in 2018

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:21 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:13 pm
Paul99 wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:

Mine was taken in 2018
Cheers, ok then looks re-use options they are allocation for recent bio -May be ,assumptions by pattern
Many Thanks .

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:21 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Paul99 wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:

Mine was taken in 2018
Cheers, ok then looks re-use options they are allocation for recent bio -May be ,assumptions by pattern
For June applicants has anyone received reuse biometric email, haven’t heard abt anyone so far

Mitras
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mitras » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:42 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm
Mitras wrote:
Should i be worried that i have not received any email communication at all?

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:48 pm

Mitras wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:42 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm
Mitras wrote:
Should i be worried that i have not received any email communication at all?
Nothing to worry, once they open slots for July applicants you will get an email either to resue biometric or book an appointment. Most likely within 2 weeks you should get it, based on the previous updates they have given so far.

sustbd
United Kingdom

Post by sustbd » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:31 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm
Paul99 wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
Paul99 wrote:

Mine was taken in 2018
For June applicants has anyone received reuse biometric email, haven’t heard abt anyone so far
Me neither. I applied on June 22. Did not receive any email for booking or biometric reuse. Please update us if any June applicant receive any email for bio-re-use.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:34 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm
Paul99 wrote:
VikasMandal wrote:
Paul99 wrote:

Mine was taken in 2018
Yes -I have not also hear from any one so far ..as they told til 23rd -may be later they will send .
Many Thanks .