ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:26 pm

dogcat wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:13 am
I have a question. Will I be required to bring all the original documents to the appointment?
I uploaded my husbands passport as part of supporting evidence, will I need to bring that along as well?
Please do not tag the same question onto other members topic. It is considered rude and unfair to other posters.

Usually not required to take originals, provided you have uploaded them properly and they are all legible. You need your original passport though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tony_trabajo
Newly Registered
Cayman Islands

Post by tony_trabajo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:35 pm

I've applied on 26th June. Surname starts with E. Haven't got any email yet.

joanna_mac123
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by joanna_mac123 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 pm

UKVCAS are absolutely ripping people off. I got their email last night and was trying to book an appointment but the only ones that are available are subject to £110 fee per person!

I have spoken with the Home Office and they've advised me to send a complaint to the following email address: srsukvacs@homeoffice.gov.uk

UKVCAS are supposed to be providing free appointments so this is completely unethical and not in line with their service level agreement.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:50 pm

No one from June so far reported for a reuse biometrics email......
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Seems like UKVCAS is down. It say the message: “We are currently experiencing issues, please try again.”

Edit: working fine now.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:19 pm

UKVCAS site is playing up either nothing happens after you click on login or an error is returned or page is blank.
Also sometime getting gateway timeout

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:22 pm

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:19 pm
UKVCAS site is playing up either nothing happens after you click on login or an error is returned or page is blank.
Correct

hgvhgvh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hgvhgvh » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:04 pm

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:19 pm

Same here. Spent at least £10 on the UKCAS call to wait for someone to tell me what is happening with both their website and my account but no one picked up.

hgvhgvh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hgvhgvh » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:06 pm

joanna_mac123 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 pm
UKVCAS are absolutely ripping people off. I got their email last night and was trying to book an appointment but the only ones that are available are subject to £110 fee per person!

I have spoken with the Home Office and they've advised me to send a complaint to the following email address: srsukvacs@homeoffice.gov.uk

UKVCAS are supposed to be providing free appointments so this is completely unethical and not in line with their service level agreement.
At what time did you try to log in the last night to see the available slots? I checked just after seen the email but it was already 10pm and the site was down.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:09 pm

hgvhgvh wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:06 pm
joanna_mac123 wrote:

At what time did you try to log in the last night to see the available slots? I checked just after seen the email but it was already 10pm and the site was down.
For me, the website was working fine last night, till just 1 hour ago.
Its playing up but I just checked its working now.

Helen123
United Kingdom

Post by Helen123 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:18 pm

My application was submitted June 1st and I haven’t received an email. I’m hoping this means I’m one of the people reusing biometrics...

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:52 pm

@CULLINAN
Colleague of mine received email from UKVCAS yesterday to book appointment for biometrics. Her biometrics couldn't be reused due to her applying with her child.

So looks like people whose biometrics cannot be reused and have applied in June have received email to book appointment but others probably will receive it soon as no one seems to get biometric reuse email till now.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:45 pm

coolrockspart2 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:52 pm
@CULLINAN
Colleague of mine received email from UKVCAS yesterday to book appointment for biometrics. Her biometrics couldn't be reused due to her applying with her child.

So looks like people whose biometrics cannot be reused and have applied in June have received email to book appointment but others probably will receive it soon as no one seems to get biometric reuse email till now.
Most likely looks like it.... no one has reported for a reuse bio email...

tg7944
Newly Registered
China

Post by tg7944 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi Everyone

I understand that UKVI is now open to take Biometrics appointments for people who applied in June. I applied on the 8th June but I have not received any email notifying whether I need to attend the appointment or not. Has anyone received email yet? By way of background, I had my fingerprint submitted back in 2016 and so not sure if I can be eligible for the new process or not. Anyone who has similar background please can share some insights?

Thank you.

Regards
TG

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:10 pm

tg7944 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Hi Everyone

I understand that UKVI is now open to take Biometrics appointments for people who applied in June. I applied on the 8th June but I have not received any email notifying whether I need to attend the appointment or not. Has anyone received email yet? By way of background, I had my fingerprint submitted back in 2016 and so not sure if I can be eligible for the new process or not. Anyone who has similar background please can share some insights?

Thank you.

Regards
TG
Did you read the previous posts?

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:00 pm

I thought its just me who didn’t receive any Email regarding the appointment. I applied on 9th of June. Never checked the spam mails that much as I’m checking now....!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:34 pm

aseef935 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:00 pm
I thought its just me who didn’t receive any Email regarding the appointment. I applied on 9th of June. Never checked the spam mails that much as I’m checking now....!!
same story 🥴🤦‍♂️

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Seems like no one is receiving biometrics reuse emails as of now? Tomorrow is the last day as the update claimed we should receive emails before 23rd. Fingers crossed!!

Naphtha
Newly Registered
Mood:
Spain

Post by Naphtha » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:12 pm

joanna_mac123 wrote:

I finally ended booking a slot by paying £110 but I think I am going to send a complaint too. It just feels like UKVCAS is making money out of the situation when it's for them to sort the backlog out.

joanna_mac123
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by joanna_mac123 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:05 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:09 pm
hgvhgvh wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:06 pm
joanna_mac123 wrote:

For me, the website was working fine last night, till just 1 hour ago.
Its playing up but I just checked its working now.
It was around 12 noon but it took ages to log in. The website kept crashing. I suggest checking early morning or late evening.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 am

Seems like no one still has received any bio reuse email??

I applied 22nd June still no luck!!

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi all,

I have applied on 9th June and so far no mail regarding anything whether they I have to book an appointment or my previous Biometrics . I never had any issue to login my account and I am checking almost 5 times a day. The strange thing happened yesterday while login they asked me access code which was sent to my registered e mail. But today no such issue for log in. Thanks .

Uma

passat
Pakistan

Post by passat » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:16 pm

I don't know what kind of system is UKVCAS operating. The people eligible for biometric reuse are at a disadvantage now. I had applied online on 9th May, received the biometrics reuse email on 3rd July and haven't received anything else yet. On the other hand people who applied in June are getting appointment booking emails. I wish I could book a new biometrics appointment instead of waiting indefinitely for instructions about biometrics reuse.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:29 pm

passat wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:16 pm
I don't know what kind of system is UKVCAS operating. The people eligible for biometric reuse are at a disadvantage now. I had applied online on 9th May, received the biometrics reuse email on 3rd July and haven't received anything else yet. On the other hand people who applied in June are getting appointment booking emails. I wish I could book a new biometrics appointment instead of waiting indefinitely for instructions about biometrics reuse.
Thats the bitter reality but we all are in together. Hang in there :roll:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:33 pm

udutt wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:04 pm
Hi all,

I have applied on 9th June and so far no mail regarding anything whether they I have to book an appointment or my previous Biometrics . I never had any issue to login my account and I am checking almost 5 times a day. The strange thing happened yesterday while login they asked me access code which was sent to my registered e mail. But today no such issue for log in. Thanks .

Uma
That might be because of your multiple trying to log in and for security you were sent an access code.