ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NNHidayah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by NNHidayah » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:39 pm

I applied on 19 June, but I haven't receive any emails for booking appointment or reusing biometric. I received an email from case worker to send the documents to them on the 24th of June. I just log in to UKVCAS and checked the documents I uploaded a long time ago. I found an instruction to confirm the documents. I clicked it and the screen shows that the documents have been submitted to UKVI. Hoping to hear from them on what the next step is soon
Last edited by NNHidayah on Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gebe_top
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by gebe_top » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi,

My appointment will be on the 23rd July (this Thursday). but until now, I have not yet received the QR code confirmation in my email.

I have tried to call them many many times, always full and no answer. I also no respond from the complaint or the enquiry.

any suggestions what I need to do? can I just came to the UKVCAS service point?

cheers,

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:41 pm

sustbd wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:31 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm
Paul99 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:21 pm
VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Mine was taken in 2018
Cheers, ok then looks re-use options they are allocation for recent bio -May be ,assumptions by pattern
For June applicants has anyone received reuse biometric email, haven’t heard abt anyone so far
Me neither. I applied on June 22. Did not receive any email for booking or biometric reuse. Please update us if any June applicant receive any email for bio-re-use.
Are you able see any open appointments in UKVCAS login for your account ?
Many Thanks .

Baydaar
Pakistan

Post by Baydaar » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:52 pm

I have applied set m on 25th of June, 28days less than 5 year, I uploaded all documents and also submitted when submitted option became available on ukvcas website , I haven't recieve any email for appointment booking.i grave biometric in postoffice in April 2018 for Flr m. But haven't recieved any reuse email from ukvi, very desperate and frustrating time for me, just a smoke screen.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Baydaar wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:52 pm
I have applied set m on 25th of June, 28days less than 5 year, I uploaded all documents and also submitted when submitted option became available on ukvcas website , I haven't recieve any email for appointment booking.i grave biometric in postoffice in April 2018 for Flr m. But haven't recieved any reuse email from ukvi, very desperate and frustrating time for me, just a smoke screen.
I applied on 22nd June.
I also haven't got anything.

I thought they probably put people in alphabet sequence but my initials are C and G. Other people with G initial has got the invite already.uhhhhh

Baydaar
Pakistan

Post by Baydaar » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:53 pm

Maybe you are right, my name start with J, tomorrow is last day because their website says before 23rd of July you will receive a email , I hope I can get something otherwise I will try to call ukvcas and homeoffice.

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 pm

I attended my appointment but still I want send more support documents to home office where can I find it instead my account on ukvacas . For ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Saeed5 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 pm
I attended my appointment but still I want send more support documents to home office where can I find it instead my account on ukvacas . For ILR
Documents sent after your appointment won't generally be considered. You should have uploaded them before your appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:16 pm

Saeed5 wrote:
Not sure what you meant here, are they asking you to send more documents even after your UKVCAS appointment?

Saeed5
Sudan

Post by Saeed5 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:21 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:16 pm
Saeed5 wrote:
Not sure what you meant here, are they asking you to send more documents even after your UKVCAS appointment?
No. Just I forgot to upload the consent letter to verify my application

Grustnyi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Grustnyi » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:23 pm

I didn’t received any email yesterday but as soon as I found out about the update I checked the website, saw appointments and booked one.
12 hours later I received an email telling that I’m not qualified for bio re-use and asking to book an app :roll:
My last biometrics was taken Apr 2018.
There is obviously a delay, I’d recommend to check the availability of appointments on the site, but if you applied in June and cannot see the appointments I’d make a guess your biometrics will be re-used.
The criteria who is qualified for the re-use is still a bit vague, I was quite sure mine could be re-use as it’s only 2 years old, single case.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:33 pm

Is anyone aware if there is any notification sent after attending UKVCAS appointment about the progress of the application or its directly the decision email?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Seems like no one from June received emails for biometrics reuse.. tomorrow is the last day... should receive by tomorrow.. fingers crossed!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm

VikasMandal wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:33 pm
Is anyone aware if there is any notification sent after attending UKVCAS appointment about the progress of the application or its directly the decision email?
No notification is sent after ukvcas appt. You will get the decision directly.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Grustnyi wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:23 pm
I didn’t received any email yesterday but as soon as I found out about the update I checked the website, saw appointments and booked one.
12 hours later I received an email telling that I’m not qualified for bio re-use and asking to book an app :roll:
There is obviously a delay, I’d recommend to check the availability of appointments on the site, but if you applied in June and cannot see the appointments I’d make a guess your biometrics will be re-used.
The criteria who is qualified for the re-use is still a bit vague, I was quite sure mine could be re-use as it’s only 2 years old, single case.
Hi, On what did you apply for. I have applied for tier 2 application on June 1st and I have not received any communication. I did notice the change on ukvcas page.

Thanks

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm
Seems like no one from June received emails for biometrics reuse.. tomorrow is the last day... should receive by tomorrow.. fingers crossed!!
Yes I applied on June 15th , no emails on biometrics reuse or for booking appointments yet .

Should we keep checking the website to see if any appointments are open and book or is it better to wait and see if the biometrics will be reused and wait for their emails ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:43 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Yes I applied on June 15th , no emails on biometrics reuse or for booking appointments yet .

Should we keep checking the website to see if any appointments are open and book or is it better to wait and see if the biometrics will be reused and wait for their emails ?
I dont think anyone who has been chosen for biometrics reuse will be able to view the appointments anyways. The only way you could possibly see appointments is if you are chosen for biometrics appointment but your email has been delayed. In that case you may benefit from checking your account. But most prolly all who were chosen for biometrics appointment would have received emails and now its the biometrics reuse emails turn hopefully.

Grustnyi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by Grustnyi » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:45 pm

smallichai wrote:
Grustnyi wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:23 pm
Hi, On what did you apply for. I have applied for tier 2 application on June 1st and I have not received any communication. I did notice the change on ukvcas page.

Thanks
ILR Set (m)

Hope you’ll get some info soon.

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:49 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:43 pm
ap1410 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

I dont think anyone who has been chosen for biometrics reuse will be able to view the appointments anyways. The only way you could possibly see appointments is if you are chosen for biometrics appointment but your email has been delayed. In that case you may benefit from checking your account. But most prolly all who were chosen for biometrics appointment would have received emails and now its the biometrics reuse emails turn hopefully.
Cullinan - you are right , no appointments visible on the site for me across all centers as yet . Hopefully will receive biometrics reuse email soon . Does that email come from UKVI or UKVACS ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:51 pm

@ap1410

“ If you are likely to be eligible for this new process, UKVI has asked us not to invite you for an appointment. If you are one of these cases we will let you know by email – look out for the subject line ‘COVID-19: Update as a result of new UKVI Policy’.”

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:51 pm
@ap1410

“ If you are likely to be eligible for this new process, UKVI has asked us not to invite you for an appointment. If you are one of these cases we will let you know by email – look out for the subject line ‘COVID-19: Update as a result of new UKVI Policy’.”

Thanks a ton !

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:59 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:49 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:43 pm
ap1410 wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Cullinan - you are right , no appointments visible on the site for me across all centers as yet . Hopefully will receive biometrics reuse email soon . Does that email come from UKVI or UKVACS ?
It will be an email from UKVCAS

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 am

Applied 1st June. Still waiting to hear for any appointment or use of biometrics. Frustrating.......

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:45 am

SAME HERE ,waited for priority,realized it wont happen and wasted 1 month june and applied in july.

Passing every day is tougher now
Many Thanks .

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:48 am

Applied 22nd June ILR (SET M), haven't received any email, been looking on the UKVCAS website for any available appointment slots every hour, but nothing.

Since some people were able to find an appointment by logging in, I thought I'll try my luck but no slots available. Also, maybe, they have stopped sending emails for biometrics re-use until they can get the photo system/app ready (just a speculation).