ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complaints Numbers Not Working...??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noddy
Newly Registered

Complaints Numbers Not Working...??

Post by noddy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:58 am

Hi All,

I have been trying the complaints numbers, both the main Croydon enquiries number (0870 606 7766) as well as the Liverpool number (0161 261 1117) and they now have recorded messages saying that due to unforeseen circumstances they can no longer answer calls!!!

Has anyone else gotten through on these or any other numbers in recent days?

The recoded messages suggest reading the "helpful" information on the website or sending emails/faxes. I have done all these things multiple times, as well as writing letters, to no avail.

I am specifically waiting for the certificate of application that is supposed to be sent out immediately by the Home Office(I think this is what it is officially called, having read other threads on this forum). It is 6 weeks since I sent my application by secure post and I have received nothing.

I am currently turning down work while I wait for this letter. I know in theory I am still able to work given my status (married to an Italian citizen) but this doesn't fly with any recruitment agencies or employers I have talked to. They want Home Office proof in the form of a letter or a stamp in a passport.

I have also written to my local MP, though only recently and am waiting a reply.

Can anyone offer any advice or help?
Thanks in advance.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Try a few times, at different times of the day. In spite of this message that they don't answer calls anymore, you'll eventually get through. It happend to me, and I finally got through when I was just about to give up!

I think it's a deliberate trick to discourage people from calling. :roll:

Good Luck! :)

noddy
Newly Registered

Post by noddy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:32 pm

Thanks Rozen.

I did get through on the main Croydon number this afternoon... and stood my ground, given all the information I have gathered from the various threads in the and other forums (thanks everyone) - the Directives that state the COA must be issued immediately upon receipt of the EEA2 application. But she kept telling me to write another letter and wait (that would be my third letter requesting the COA).

I quoted various bits and pieces and demanded she take action, that I have already written numerous letters, emails, etc, but after 35minutes and the operator talking to her supervisor, the best she could provide me was a "special" number to call. Before she gave me it I asked her if it was the Liverpool number and quoted it to her - it was!! I explained I had tried it many times to no avail.

So then she gave me a "Special" email address, which again was the Liverpool one. Again I explained I had written twice to this email address. So then she finished by repeating that I should write another letter again.

I intend to continue to harass daily until I get it.

It's hard to believe it can be this difficult. It must be an unofficial (and off-the-record) decision by the government to delay these kinds of applications so as to slow some small percentage of new immigrants working in the country, especially in the face of economic downturn and increasing unemployment...

thanks again everyone for the info.

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:07 am

hi there,
yes, calling the homeoffice doesn't really help. We are waiting for my husbands EEA 2 residency card. Usually I try to call in the morning, best chance to get through to someone. I called to see what's going on, as we have our passports, how do they want to progress the application? All Igot was, I have to wait! He did not even ask for the name first, as I kept asking, he took our details, put them in his computer and again, he said,we have to wait!!
My husband called the next day, the answer for him was, the case is underconsideration!! (It's the standart answer, isn't it??)
I will get a complaint letter ready, let's hope it helps!!