ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Children over 18

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pazd
Newly Registered

ILR for Children over 18

Post by pazd » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:12 pm

I would like to inquiry regarding ILR for children over 18.

I am under PBS dependant visa same with my 2 children (over 18yrs old) while my wife already got her British citizenship under Tier 2 General visa. We are already here in the UK for 5years therefore we are now eligible to apply for ILR. Can my children (over 18) apply for ILR at the same time with me, since my wife is already a British Citizen?

vinny

Re: ILR for Children over 18

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:23 pm

Yes, subject to 319E and 319J, including KoLL.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pazd
Newly Registered

Post by pazd » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:06 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:23 pm
Yes, subject to 319E and 319J, including KoLL.
Thank you. Yes we all now have our English and Life in the UK test.

Another thing, my wife got her British citizenship last 2018 and just last year (2019) she applied for child benefit for one of our children (because he is under 18 at that time and still on his last year on A-Levels study therefore). My wife is now getting a child benefit but should be ended now 'coz my son is already finished his A level. Will this affect my ILR application because my wife is getting a child benefit?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:56 pm

No effect on you
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pazd
Newly Registered

Post by pazd » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:24 am

Thank you so much. This site is really helpful.