ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student's stay outside UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hobbitt
Newly Registered

student's stay outside UK

Post by Hobbitt » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi friends,

Just have a quick but important question.
Is there a rule or law for people on a UK student visa, that they cannot stay outside UK for more than three months during their visa validity/ course of study?

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:10 am

Will your absence affect your ATTENDANCE requirements?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hobbitt
Newly Registered

Post by Hobbitt » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 pm

No it wont really, as i came to pakistan on 25th april and college vacations statred in june.
I came a bit early due to my daughter's illness, who was in pakistan.

Its not the the problem with the college, but i have been told the immigration officers at the UK airports might create a problem coz of me staying outside for over 3 months.

plz vinny do u have some info on this?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:14 am

Suggest that you obtain a letter from your daughter's doctor regarding her illness and a letter from your college, confirming that you are still a student there.
Leave to enter students wrote:In the case of a person who returns from a short absence abroad within a period for which he was previously given leave, again the refusal can only be considered under Paragraph 321A but reference should also be made to the section regarding ‘Continuing Leave’
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hobbitt
Newly Registered

Post by Hobbitt » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:01 pm

thanks vinny, for the help