ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

udutt
India

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by udutt » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi all,

I have applied on 9th June and so far nothing. I hope to get soon . Hopefully this time I should not be last as usual in the past for any mail from home office. Thanks.

Uma

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi all,

Just received the mail. Its a general message which mention about BRP. Although I have applied for Naturalisaiton.
*****************************************************************************************************************
UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Importantly, this new digital approach means you will not have to attend an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point.

We are also working closely with UKVI to develop a new way for you to submit a facial image. Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).

We will be in touch over the next few weeks with the details of this new approach and to confirm next steps.
************************************************************************************************************************
Uma

aseef935
Pakistan

Post by aseef935 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:12 pm

Hi all,
I applied on 9th of June and Just received the Email from UKCVAS,
UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Helen123
United Kingdom

Post by Helen123 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:28 pm
Fendi wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:24 pm
Nothing else can be done, so I hear you.
This will eventually be over one way or another!
Just wish we were spared this anxious wait.
Its a long process, for now we are waiting for reuse bio emails, then we will wait for submission of facial images, then we will wait for decisions, then approval letters, then ceremony invitation letters, then booking a ceremony with the council, then applying for a passport. The current crisis has made everything lagged so we have to stay positive and mentally prepared to face the LONG delays! We all are in together!
I know no one knows what this process entails yet. I wonder if we will have to submit facial images for naturalization applications. The reuse email says “Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).” We don’t get BRPs for naturalization though so maybe we won’t need to do this? Especially as we have photos of ourselves on the referee forms. Just a random thought.

Fendi
Bahamas

Post by Fendi » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:01 pm

Just to be fair and give an update.. I’ve finally received my biometric re-use email in the last half an hour.

Good luck to the rest.

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:22 pm

aseef935 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:12 pm
Hi all,
I applied on 9th of June and Just received the Email from UKCVAS,
Did it say you will be sent further instructions in the next couple of weeks?

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:19 pm

So it looks like the assumption was correct - yesterday everyone received links to submit biometrics, today - emails about reuse of biometrics

Ibyvana
Newly Registered

Post by Ibyvana » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Alright?,

So I haven't received an email today, I applied on the 16th on June but I couldn't register for a new account on UKVCAS as the website was only showing a Log-in tab and not a Sign-up although I do have an account there from when I applied for the ILR.

I'm getting paranoid that I might have done something wrong, was I supposed to create a new UKVCAS account?, I tried on several different computers using different browsers but still couldn't get the sign-up tab.

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:40 pm

Hello everyone,
I just received my biometrics re use e mail from UKVCAS
I applied for naturalisation on 16 June 2020.
One of my neighbours who applied a couple of days before me also received the biometrics re use e mail today.
I will keep you guys updated on what happens next and please do the same
Peace

tg7944
Newly Registered
China

Post by tg7944 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:45 pm

Dear all

I applied on the 6th June and also received the email regarding biometrics reuse today.

I have one silly question to ask. I have uploaded all the documents onto UKVI. On the passport section, I have uploaded my most recent passport and also my previous passport which covers 2015 and until now (so 5 years). I have obtained ILR in 2016 and so I qualify through ILR + 4 years. Do you think I need to submit my passport before 2015 (which has my Tier 2 visa and also my student visa on it)?

Thank you very much.

Regards
TG

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:51 pm

Anyone received reuse emails for application submitted after 16th June??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:52 pm

tg7944 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:45 pm
Dear all

I applied on the 6th June and also received the email regarding biometrics reuse today.

I have one silly question to ask. I have uploaded all the documents onto UKVI. On the passport section, I have uploaded my most recent passport and also my previous passport which covers 2015 and until now (so 5 years). I have obtained ILR in 2016 and so I qualify through ILR + 4 years. Do you think I need to submit my passport before 2015 (which has my Tier 2 visa and also my student visa on it)?

Thank you very much.

Regards
TG
Passport(s) covering 5 years qualifying period is enough.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:51 pm
Anyone received reuse emails for application submitted after 20th June??**

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:18 pm

Ibyvana wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:39 pm
Alright?,

So I haven't received an email today, I applied on the 16th on June but I couldn't register for a new account on UKVCAS as the website was only showing a Log-in tab and not a Sign-up although I do have an account there from when I applied for the ILR.

I'm getting paranoid that I might have done something wrong, was I supposed to create a new UKVCAS account?, I tried on several different computers using different browsers but still couldn't get the sign-up tab.
I have same situation, I hope reusing the ILR account doesn't make any difference, I applied on 22nd June but no email yet.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:19 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:18 pm
Ibyvana wrote:
Alright?,

I have same situation, I hope reusing the ILR account doesn't make any difference, I applied on 22nd June but no email yet.
Same. I applied 22nd and no email yet. So far the latest date reported is 18th June in the thread...

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Biometrics reuse email received today, application submitted 23rd of June

Ibyvana
Newly Registered

Post by Ibyvana » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:32 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Ibyvana wrote:
Alright?,

What do you mean 'reusing'?, did you upload your naturalisation documents to the ILR account?, is that what we are supposed to do?, the website can't get any un-clearer than that.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:40 pm

Ibyvana wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:32 pm
lifeRockss1 wrote:
Ibyvana wrote:
Alright?,

What do you mean 'reusing'?, did you upload your naturalisation documents to the ILR account?, is that what we are supposed to do?, the website can't get any un-clearer than that.
Well when I clicked on the link to upload documents it took me to https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/ where I already had a account so I did not re-create a new one. But there was no details about ILR there... just upload documnets and book appointment link.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:46 pm

When I go to https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/ I see Attend an appointment to provide your documents and biometrics by 24 August 2020 with Book Appointment button which takes me to https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/appointments.
this is getting confusing now, without an email to either book or resuse not sure what to do.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 pm

Finally I have received the reuse biometrics email also just now at 846pm. Applied on 22nd June.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 pm
Finally I have received the reuse biometrics email also just now at 846pm. Applied on 22nd June.
finally the wait over for you on this stage. Good luck.
Did you also use the same login details those you used for ILR?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:56 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:54 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 pm
finally the wait over for you on this stage. Good luck.
Did you also use the same login details those you used for ILR?
Yes I used the same but it was not working initially. I had to use the “forget my password” link, and an access code was sent in the email to register. The email address was the same which I was for ILR in Jan 2019.

Thanks, you will receive yours also soon. Goodluck

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Thanks mate, yeah I had my password saved in my google account so it worked.

I got the email at 8:54 PM to reuse the biometrics, but not for my wife yet. We applied using same application but she gave her contact details.
not sure if to expect 2nd email for her or its for both of us since they only used my name to start the mail.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:42 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:00 pm
Thanks mate, yeah I had my password saved in my google account so it worked.

I got the email at 8:54 PM to reuse the biometrics, but not for my wife yet. We applied using same application but she gave her contact details.
not sure if to expect 2nd email for her or its for both of us since they only used my name to start the mail.
Even my password was saved but somehow the old password did not work and a new access code was sent.

Does your email state both your names? Look at the top.

Maybe your wife will get another email on her own email address because naturalisation application is processed on its own. Your wife is not your dependent in this case.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:48 pm

No, it only states my name.
Yeah its not a dependent but used the same application so wondering why I got the email but not her.