ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr priority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

egw_231
Newly Registered
France

Re: Ilr priority

Post by egw_231 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi All!

Just saw this topic, and I am in the exact same situation as Griffon123 !

Thank you so much, reading all of this has been sooo helpful and relieving to see that I am not all alone
facing this.

Following up on your discussions, and replies from Zimba and CR001, from my understanding, even though I loose my job in August, and apply standard next week, I could potentially cancel my application and re apply all over again with priority (once the services resume), and that wouldn't matter if I am not employed any longer correct?

I clearly don't want to be tied up in a 6 months process, thats why I am really keen for Priority to resume..and would be willing to re apply from scratch whenever the services resume.

Appreciate the responses.

Thank you!

Griffon123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr to Tier 2 variation

Post by Griffon123 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:14 pm

I've submitted the Set (LR) standard application last month and have received the email from UKVCAS about the biometrics reuse.

1. If I'd like to apply for Tier 2 now, is this doable in my case? Is this called variation?
2. How does variation work? I guess I do not need to withdraw the ILR application, there is some place in the new Tier 2 application that allows me to vary from the existing ILR application?
3. How is the new Tier 2 application charged then? Do I pay the Tier 2 fee and wait for ILR refund?

Many thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:53 pm

1. Variation happens when you apply for a new application while one is pending
2. Apply normally, UKVI will view this as variation
3. You pay fully as normal (including IHS fees), SET(LR) fees will be refunded later
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Griffon123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Griffon123 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:01 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:53 pm
1. Variation happens when you apply for a new application while one is pending
2. Apply normally, UKVI will view this as variation
3. You pay fully as normal (including IHS fees), SET(LR) fees will be refunded later
Thanks Zimba! Really appreciate your answers! Just try to understand more about the variation.

Which one of the following two is correct? Or none of them is correct?
1. Variation happens when they see a second application submitted with the same name and passport number.
2. Variation happens if I give the ongoing ILR application number in the Tier 2 application form. UKVI will ignore the ILR application and only process the Tier 2 application.

If 2, in this sense, I will have two ongoing applications, what if they process the ILR before they see the Tier 2 application?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:48 am

You cannot have two or more pending applications as per law, so this means that one has to proceed only. Either ILR has to proceed or the Tier 2. UKVI will give you a chance to choose if they notice the second application. You may tell the UKVI that an application is variation of a previous application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Griffon123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr to Tier 2 variation

Post by Griffon123 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:25 am

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:48 am
You cannot have two or more pending applications as per law, so this means that one has to proceed only. Either ILR has to proceed or the Tier 2. UKVI will give you a chance to choose if they notice the second application. You may tell the UKVI that an application is variation of a previous application
Thanks Zimba. Yeah, that is my concern. How can I inform UKVI of the variation? If I use a cover letter to explain it, the document is uploaded to UKVCAS as supporting document, UKVI might not see it in time. Is there a specific form/link (provided by UKVI) I need to fill and send to UKVI directly?

I guess the question becomes how to make sure they only process the Tier 2 application in this case?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:31 pm

First, you must ensure to apply before ILR application is decided. Some people have shared email addresses which you can use to let UKVI know

Griffon123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Griffon123 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:54 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:31 pm
First, you must ensure to apply before ILR application is decided. Some people have shared email addresses which you can use to let UKVI know
Ahh, thanks Zimba. I will have a search!

Griffon123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr gap

Post by Griffon123 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:00 pm

I'm now on Tier 2. If I submit a new Tier 2 application now (when current leave is valid), and my current leave is expired before the new leave is granted (before I receive the new BRP), will the gap affect a later ILR application? Does this gap break the 10 year 'continuous' residency? Many thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr gap

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:49 pm

Griffon123 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:00 pm
I'm now on Tier 2. If I submit a new Tier 2 application now (when current leave is valid), and my current leave is expired before the new leave is granted (before I receive the new BRP), will the gap affect a later ILR application? Does this gap break the 10 year 'continuous' residency? Many thanks in advance!
There will be no gap when you vary a pending in-time application

jamd12
United Kingdom

Re: Lost a job after submitting Set (LR) application

Post by jamd12 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:48 am

Griffon123 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:58 pm
My visa is Tier 2 (General), will be eligible to apply for Set (LR) 10 years this August. What would happen if I lost my job after I submit and pay my Set (LR) application online, but before the UKVCAS biometrics appointment or in the position of waiting for a decision made on this application?

1. In the normal case, does UKVI check applicant's current visa status (employment if Tier 2 (General)) when processing Set (LR) application?
2. In this specific case (I lost my job after submitting the application online), will this affect the decision made on the Set (LR) application?
3. In this specific case (I lost my job after submitting the application online), am I still legal to stay in the UK and wait for the set (LR) decision?

I hope those who've been in the similar situation or know the answers to these questions could share the knowledge with me. Or point me to the right place for relevant information. Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Good luck with your application!

Congrats Griffon123! Just saw you got it on the ILR LR Timeline!
As im practically in the same situation as you, im happy to hear things were quick!!

Applied in July too, and finally ooked an appointment this monday- opted out of App. Hope it will be just as quick!!