ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

caution details and voluntary NIC payments

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Scruff
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

caution details and voluntary NIC payments

Post by Scruff » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:04 pm

I am partway through completing my naturalisation application, up to the part where I am declaring a caution I received in 2008, for possession. Should I specify what the caution was for? Presumably they can look it up so I should just say, right? I've been granted other visas in the interim (ILR most recently) so I'm guessing it's not grounds for refusal.

I've also looked up my NI records, there are several years that say 'Year is not full' which I'm guessing was for skipping voluntary NIC payments from periods of self-employment. The last six years (since 2014-15) are full though. Does anyone know if this will impact my application at all?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: caution details and voluntary NIC payments

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Scruff wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:04 pm
I am partway through completing my naturalisation application, up to the part where I am declaring a caution I received in 2008, for possession. Should I specify what the caution was for? Presumably they can look it up so I should just say, right? I've been granted other visas in the interim (ILR most recently) so I'm guessing it's not grounds for refusal.
Disclose the full nature of the caution. Not disclosing it may count against you on "Good Character" grounds. Note that your previous immigration applications are not a guide to the result of a naturalisation application made under the British Nationality Act. The requirements are different compared to ILR and there is more discretion involved.
I've also looked up my NI records, there are several years that say 'Year is not full' which I'm guessing was for skipping voluntary NIC payments from periods of self-employment. The last six years (since 2014-15) are full though. Does anyone know if this will impact my application at all?
Voluntary NI contributions not made are not an issue - they are voluntary.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Scruff
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: caution details and voluntary NIC payments

Post by Scruff » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:57 am

thanks for your advice! will carry on with my application now.