ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set o and possible redundancy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Set o and possible redundancy

Post by DianaK91 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:11 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:50 pm
1. Yes but that has nothing to do with you applying for SET(LR). Your status remains unchanged until a new leave is granted
2. Yes
3. Yes
Dear Zimba, apologies for intruding, but I have the same question - if I applied for ILR Set (O) in April 2020 and received re-use bimetric email and now waiting for further instruction already 3 weeks and now know that I might be redundant in 2 months, if I submit a facial image (documents already submitted via UKVCAS) soon, like this month, will the redundancy affect my eligibility to receive ILR in the end?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set o and possible redundancy

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Do NOT tag your questions o to other memebers topic that have no relevance to set o applications. Different ilr routes have different rules.

For ilr based on tier 2 Set O, you need to be employed by your sponsor. If you are not, your ilr will likely fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HKN123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HKN123 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:46 pm
Do NOT tag your questions o to other memebers topic that have no relevance to set o applications. Different ilr routes have different rules.

For ilr based on tier 2 Set O, you need to be employed by your sponsor. If you are not, your ilr will likely fail.
@CR001, can you elaborate if you mean employed by the sponsor at the time the application was submitted or when the case worker made the decision?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:21 pm

HKN123 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:44 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:46 pm

CR001, can you elaborate if you mean employed by the sponsor at the time the application was submitted or when the case worker made the decision?
Tier 2 ILR is based on continuous employment by your sponsor for the foreseeable future. Otherwise, ILR will be refused. Why do you think UKVI requires your sponsor to give you such letter confirming this ??!??!
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice