ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aerotony
Mood:
China

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Aerotony » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:28 am

GondalUK wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:22 am
Aerotony wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:03 am
GondalUK wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:59 am
Nice to see that most of the people from June have either got emails for biometric appointments or biometric reuse.

Now it's the turn for people who applied in July, fingers crossed.

People who applied in July, did you all get an email from "WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk" requesting documents within a week after application?

I am trying to understand why they send email within a week to some people and not others.

I submitted my SET(LR) application on 3rd of July but didn’t receive any email from the Home Office.

Just wondering if any of the applicant of SET(LR) received the document request email from the Home Office?
When was your last biometrics enrollment?
June 2019. I think I will win the biometric information reuse lottery in the next few weeks.

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am

I have a feeling that they will use EU Exit: ID Document Check app for biometric reuse. Just speculating. But that app is literally what we need. And integrating our data into this app would be the way to go.

And it was updated yesterday on App Store: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/eu-exit-i ... 1478914184

Google Play version isn't updated yet:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 1&hl=en_GB

The app lets you use your biometric residence permit or passport. It reads the chip with nfc function of the smart phones. And it lets you take your photo and upload it to the system when you are done with BRP scan.

Like I said, I am just speculating. Let's see what happens when they update Google Play version as well.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:22 pm

tbp wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:41 am
I have a feeling that they will use EU Exit: ID Document Check app for biometric reuse. Just speculating. But that app is literally what we need. And integrating our data into this app would be the way to go.

And it was updated yesterday on App Store: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/eu-exit-i ... 1478914184

The app lets you use your biometric residence permit or passport. It reads the chip with nfc function of the smart phones. And it lets you take your photo and upload it to the system when you are done with BRP scan.

Like I said, I am just speculating. Let's see what happens when they update Google Play version as well.
Whatever the solution will be, it's a good move towards a better solution for the long-term. I hope it will be a much better option than the existing system where everybody has to go to UKVCAS for biometrics every-time.

It will also reduce time to get decisions for priority and super-priority by keeping in mind everything can be done in the same day including application submission, facial image (no need to wait for biometrics appointments).

Den4iks99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ukraine

Post by Den4iks99 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Hello everyone,
Has anybody called to UKVCAS regarding reopening biometric appointments date for those who were registered in July?

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:16 pm

They finished emailing June applications yesterday. It might take around 2-3 weeks before they move onto July applications. That was the case between May and June applications.

Den4iks99
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ukraine

Post by Den4iks99 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:19 pm

tbp wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:16 pm
They finished emailing June applications yesterday. It might take around 2-3 weeks before they move onto July applications. That was the case between May and June applications.
yes, but between April and May it was only one week

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:22 pm

Time line was this:
April applicants were emailed between the 2nd of July and 4th of July
May applicants were emailed between the 7th and 9th of July
June applicants were emailed between the 20th and 23rd of July.
It’s more likely July applicants will be asked later next week or early the week after given the above precedence

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:24 pm

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:22 pm
Time line was this:
April applicants were emailed between the 2nd of July and 4th of July
May applicants were emailed between the 7th and 9th of July
June applicants were emailed between the 20th and 23rd of July.
It’s more likely July applicants will be asked later next week or early the week after given the above precedence
I think so too. But since they are opening for full months, July might be open in the first week of August or at least after July ends.
And soon probably they will open for all as the backlog subsides.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:24 pm

Anyone who knows who completed their biometric appointment, how long it took them to get a decision?
Have seen someone posting here that they got decision in a week or so

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:27 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:13 am
youyuanannie wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:04 am
GondalUK wrote:
Nice to see that most of the people from June have either got emails for biometric appointments or biometric reuse.

People who applied in July, did you all get an email from "WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk" requesting documents within a week after application?

I am trying to understand why they send email within a week to some people and not others.
I applied on 16th July and got a document request on 22nd July. I applied via Set(O). How about yours?
I applied using SET(O) form on 15th July and got an email on 21st July, I submitted documents on 16th July.

Did you also submit all documents using UKVCAS?
yep. uploaded on ukvcas as well.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:36 pm

youyuanannie wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:27 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:13 am
youyuanannie wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:04 am
GondalUK wrote:

I applied on 16th July and got a document request on 22nd July. I applied via Set(O). How about yours?
I applied using SET(O) form on 15th July and got an email on 21st July, I submitted documents on 16th July.

Did you also submit all documents using UKVCAS?
yep. uploaded on ukvcas as well.
Nice to know that I am not alone, by checking both timelines this looks like similar pattern, exact after 6 days they sent an email. It can be an automated email.

I received email at 10:01 am on Jul 21. What was the time you received the email on July 22?

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:46 pm

tbp wrote:

I admire your optimism!

marmalade2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by marmalade2 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:06 pm

tbp wrote:

According to Apple store version history, this app has been available since October 2019. If they are re-using this app...what is taking so long?!!

Nilang
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Nilang » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:22 pm

GondalUK wrote:

The letter from WandS is because it’s coming from
Category of Work and Settle where people under tier 2 and 5 main and dependents receive these emails. Not for other categories.

Any body who gave biometric within July and receive decision?

e2saleh
Newly Registered

Post by e2saleh » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:34 pm
e2saleh wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:31 pm
Thank you CR001 and CULLINAN. Yes we submitted the application and paid the fees on the 30th of June. It is just tough to think of being hanging for maybe 3 months or more until the applications jam has eased. Hope this tough situation goes away for everyone soon. Thank you for the prompt response.
Did you check on your UKVCAS account? Members have reported getting the option to submit the documents to UKVI?

Thank you, CULLINAN. It was only few days ago we had an email from UKVCAS saying that we can NOT submit directly to UKVI and now the BRP appointments are open for those who submitted in June (1/6-30/6), so others who read this might benefit too. Luckily we manged to book an appointment next week. One question related to appointments if anyone could help, my payslips and bank statements were all PDF files sent by email from my employer and my bank. I uploaded these to UKVCAS. Do I need to print them for the PRB appointment or I MUST ask my employer and bank to provide original printed ones?

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:29 am

Aerotony wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:03 am
GondalUK wrote:

I submitted my SET(LR) application on 3rd of July but didn’t receive any email from the Home Office.

Just wondering if any of the applicant of SET(LR) received the document request email from the Home Office?
I've submitted my SET(LR) application in May and I received the biometric re-use email on 4th July. That is the only email I've received so far from UKVCAS/UKVI.
P.s. I've uploaded and submitted all my supporting docs to UKVI via UKVCAS website.

Kris001
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kris001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:35 am

Hello everyone,
I submitted my ILR Set(O) application (Tier 2 gen, 5 yrs route) for myself and wife today.
Standard application was the only choice.
Registered for UKVCAS account and submitted all mandatory and optional documents.
Appointment for Biometrics not available yet. Going by what others wrote here, I will have to wait and see if I am going to get an appointment/reuse option (Last Biometrics given in Apr 2018 for visa extension).

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:55 am

Hello

I paid for the Set O ILR application last week Jul 20.

Would you know if there is a deadline to upload the documents on the UKVCAS wesbite? I could not find this information on the forum or in their payment confitmation email.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:00 am

ILRGB wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:55 am
Hello

I paid for the Set O ILR application last week Jul 20.

Would you know if there is a deadline to upload the documents on the UKVCAS wesbite? I could not find this information on the forum or in their payment confitmation email.
Your supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded either before or during your appointment. You can do this:
yourself using this website (recommended)
by choosing our document scanning service and we will do it for you during your appointment (charges may apply for using this service)

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/o ... eDocuments

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:07 am

Thanks, Appreciate your quick reply.

Yesterday I read on this forum that applicants receive an email within a week and also sumit the documents via that email? Is that a seperate task?

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:18 am

ILRGB wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:07 am
Thanks, Appreciate your quick reply.

Yesterday I read on this forum that applicants receive an email within a week and also sumit the documents via that email? Is that a seperate task?
As of now its seen that such email was for tier 2 and 5 category.
Ideally, you should get an email for resuse of biometric or to book an appointment. Wait for such email as they haven’t started sending out such emails for July applicants yet, most likely in a week or couple you might get one.
Meantime, you can upload the documents and use the submit to UKVI option to submit the documents only if you are completely sure that your documents are accurate as it can be done only once. Later you can upload more document but cannot submit on your own, at the time of your appointment UKVCAS agent can submit the documents to UKVI that are uploaded later

mfp2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mfp2020 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:23 am

Submitted the wife's application for ILR via 5 year spouse route in May. We received an email three weeks ago saying that they are planning to reuse her biometrics and to watch out for our emails. Not received anything yet.

We have a query regarding whether or not to send her biometric card to the Home Office. Essentially, as she is an NHS doctor, she was issued a replacement biometric as part of the one year extension scheme for front line workers whose visa was expiring during the COVID-19 outbreak. This BRP was issued after we had sent the ILR application. Do we need to send this BRP over to the Home Office? The application form doesn't include anything regarding whether or not to send the BRP before the application is considered.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:34 am

mfp2020 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:23 am
Submitted the wife's application for ILR via 5 year spouse route in May. We received an email three weeks ago saying that they are planning to reuse her biometrics and to watch out for our emails. Not received anything yet.

We have a query regarding whether or not to send her biometric card to the Home Office. Essentially, as she is an NHS doctor, she was issued a replacement biometric as part of the one year extension scheme for front line workers whose visa was expiring during the COVID-19 outbreak. This BRP was issued after we had sent the ILR application. Do we need to send this BRP over to the Home Office? The application form doesn't include anything regarding whether or not to send the BRP before the application is considered.
This topic is ONLY for biomteric appointment queries and not for general queries please.

You do NOT have to send the brp card. It should have been uploaded with the supporting documents. It gets returned when ilr brp card is issued
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:41 am

Appreciate your kind inputs.

I will patiently follow the current UKVCAS uploading instructions and the future email instructions.

mfp2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mfp2020 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:34 am
mfp2020 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:23 am

This topic is ONLY for biomteric appointment queries and not for general queries please.

You do NOT have to send the brp card. It should have been uploaded with the supporting documents. It gets returned when ilr brp card is issued

Thanks for the reply.