ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:50 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:48 pm
No, it only states my name.
Yeah its not a dependent but used the same application so wondering why I got the email but not her.
Im not sure if the emails are pushed through in date order or alphabetical. The theory is still unclear.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

lifeRockss1
United Kingdom

Post by lifeRockss1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:55 pm

yeah, her email starts with A and mine with P :-) and application same so same date ...so that theory is also gone. anyway, will wait and see.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:01 pm

lifeRockss1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:55 pm
yeah, her email starts with A and mine with P :-) and application same so same date ...so that theory is also gone. anyway, will wait and see.
lol

I also think that applicants for naturalisation might not need the facial image. The photo which is provided at UKVCAS is not used anywhere like its used on BRPs. So, I think once documents submitted and they will be reusing the biometrics, I think processing will be done.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tg7944
Newly Registered
China

Post by tg7944 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:06 pm

Can I ask if you get any confirmation from UKVI website saying the documents have been uploaded successfully? I did see that message when I uploaded all the documents but when I logged back in again AND I see that I can still upload more documents. How does that work? I now wanted to add one more document AND I don't know what the best way to do it (call UKVI or just upload it using the same portal)?

Regards
TG

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:10 pm

tg7944 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:06 pm
Can I ask if you get any confirmation from UKVI website saying the documents have been uploaded successfully? I did see that message when I uploaded all the documents but when I logged back in again AND I see that I can still upload more documents. How does that work? I now wanted to add one more document AND I don't know what the best way to do it (call UKVI or just upload it using the same portal)?

Regards
TG
The new option that was rolled out on 10th July, you can submit your documents but ONLY once. You can upload more documents but can NOT submit now. If you go back and see your documents, they will state “submitted” at the end of each file uploaded. You will get option to add more documents at your biometrics appointment, but if you get a reuse biometrics email, then you will not be attending. In that case, you may just email them.

tg7944
Newly Registered
China

Post by tg7944 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:17 pm

Thank you very much. Right now at the end of each file, it says "uploaded x files". So it seems that they have not been submitted yet. But I was looking everywhere and I cannot find the submit button. Do you see the same problem?

Regards
TG

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:06 pm

tg7944 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Thank you very much. Right now at the end of each file, it says "uploaded x files". So it seems that they have not been submitted yet. But I was looking everywhere and I cannot find the submit button. Do you see the same problem?

Regards
TG
When did you apply?

crime_master_gogo
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by crime_master_gogo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:40 am

(New member so please accept apologies if I have asked this in the wrong forum. I have read the forum guidelines and previous comments so hopefully this shouldn't be the case)

I applied on 4th June and got an email couple of days back that they can reuse my biometrics. Would this apply to just me or even my dependents?

Since they are going to reuse my biometrics, do I need to upload my documents somewhere?

Thank you very much.

wegetthejobdone
Italy

Post by wegetthejobdone » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:20 am

Just to confirm, following up on some help kindly given in another thread by CULLINAN, as someone who's never had any biometric document issued in the UK and no previous relationship with UKVCAS, I will certainly have to book an appointment, won't I?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:26 am

wegetthejobdone wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:20 am
Just to confirm, following up on some help kindly given in another thread by CULLINAN, as someone who's never had any biometric document issued in the UK and no previous relationship with UKVCAS, I will certainly have to book an appointment, won't I?
Yes, you will need to book an appointment if you have never given biomterics for a precious application.

It is not about a "relationship with ukcvas", it is about biometrics asked for by UKVI in the past for any applications made!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:40 pm

Hello all,
Hope you all are safe. I applied for naturalization on 04/05/2020.i got an email that they will reuse my bio metric on 04/07/2020. They will tell in couple of weeks how to give facial image and documents. I have been waiting since then but no email whatsoever. I have not downloaded any document on ukvcas as well. as the link they send me clearly said they will tell me how to send them documents and facial image.
Plus i have noticed something else that it doesn't show any appointment available for me whereas it does show for others. for example. spouse applications or pbs.
So i am still waiting .. if any of you have submitted the document on portal please let me know. if its possible. I am just going with whats written on the government website. i am copying it here.

if you’ve given your fingerprints before
If UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given, you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents.

This will mean you do not have to attend a UKVCAS or an SSC service point appointment to provide biometric information.

If you cannot send the information through the instructions given, you’ll be able to book an appointment.

hope it helps.
stay safe

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:22 am

Clearly, UKVCAS failed to inform people when they released "SUBMIT TO UKVI" option quietly.

For such an important function which did not exist prior to biometric reuse announcement, there was no explanation. They just let customers to discover the function themselves.

In my opinion, submit function is part of this process and the only thing left is the facial image upload.

Submit option appeared on my Document Upload page on 10 July. And I submitted my documents. As I have been waiting since 29 March, I am not going to wait for them to announce things or inform people. They failed miserably when it came to informing people during this period.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:26 pm

tbp wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:22 am
Clearly, UKVCAS failed to inform people when they released "SUBMIT TO UKVI" option quietly.

For such an important function which did not exist prior to biometric reuse announcement, there was no explanation. They just let customers to discover the function themselves.

In my opinion, submit function is part of this process and the only thing left is the facial image upload.

Submit option appeared on my Document Upload page on 10 July. And I submitted my documents. As I have been waiting since 29 March, I am not going to wait for them to announce things or inform people. They failed miserably when it came to informing people during this period.
I doubt that the functionality is even working and making any difference at the moment, I had submitted documents to UKVI using the submit button and than later got an email from UKVI to submit documents by email. Some other people also reported about this.

So may be when they announce about facial image feature they may also inform people about submit documents to UKVI feature. There are chances it may not be fully functional or UKVI may not have access to documents submitted by this feature.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:03 pm

hello,
@zimba @cr001 are we only uploading the documents or submitting it as well. as per my knowledge i cant submit documents. it doesn't show me any option of submitting it . Thank you very much for your help.

tahseen123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tahseen123 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi,

I applied on 15th May and got the email for the re-use of the biometric for Naturalisation. I also uploaded documents on the UKVCAS portal and clicked the "Submit" button. But when I login to my application now, I can only see the uploaded files and no "Submit" button.

After this I have heard nothing from them. I see that some people have got the email telling them to no how to take pictures to upload and some are still waiting. So it's still a hit and miss?

Thanks.

Lespa

Post by Lespa » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:55 am

tahseen123 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:22 pm

After this I have heard nothing from them. I see that some people have got the email telling them to no how to take pictures to upload and some are still waiting. So it's still a hit and miss?

Thanks.
Where have you seen that some people received emails on how to upload their photos please?

Thanks

tahseen123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by tahseen123 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:39 am

Hi Lespa,

It seems that I misunderstood posts on page 18. No one has received emails to upload photos.
That means everyone is waiting for the e-mail to arrive so no need to panic.

I would request the MOD's to please delete my previous post so as to not create confusion for other people.

Thanks.
Lespa wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:55 am
tahseen123 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:22 pm

Thanks.
Where have you seen that some people received emails on how to upload their photos please?

Thanks

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi Guys,

I am also waiting for an email to tell me how to upload the documents and if i should use the ukvcas system to upload and submit my documents. I think we should wait for their email. Please keep everyone posted.

Thanks guys

Confidence
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Confidence » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:29 pm

Good news

I applied 29th April
Got email for biometric reuse 4th July
Submitted my documents on 23rd of July on ukvcas
Got decision via email today
Successful application. Just waiting for ceremony to open. Good luck everyone waiting

coolrockspart2
India

Post by coolrockspart2 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:36 pm

Good news and you are the first one to report this.

User @Cullinan had predicted about it that for citizenship application we may not need to submit photo at all and once biometric reuse is received we may straight get the decision. You post confirms this :D

Hope email comes soon for everyone else

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:38 pm

Someone who applied in June and attended the biometrics appointment in July also received a decision within 5 days of attending the biometrics appointment. Posted in June timelines.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:50 pm

Confidence wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:29 pm
Good news

I applied 29th April
Successful application. Just waiting for ceremony to open. Good luck everyone waiting
May I know please why you only submitted your documents on the 23rd July and not earlier? Is that you did not have an option earlier than 23rd July OR you only got to know then? As submission of documents via UKVCAS was rolled out on 10th July.

Goldfinger1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by Goldfinger1 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Confidence wrote:
Good news

I applied 29th April
Congratulations, thank you for the update.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:50 pm
Confidence wrote:
Good news

I applied 29th April
Hi,

How did you send your documents to the home office?
Did they send you an email on the next steps of sending them the documents or what?

Please elaborate

May I know please why you only submitted your documents on the 23rd July and not earlier? Is that you did not have an option earlier than 23rd July OR you only got to know then? As submission of documents via UKVCAS was rolled out on 10th July.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Toxic wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:56 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:50 pm
Confidence wrote:
Good news

I applied 29th April
Hi,

How did you send your documents to the home office?
Did they send you an email on the next steps of sending them the documents or what?

Please elaborate

OP Submitted documents via UKVCAS account.