ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Pre-settled application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yungbuk

Surinder Singh Pre-settled application

Post by yungbuk » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer by searching the forum.

I am a british citizen looking to apply for a SS pre-settled application for my mum after having lived in Spain. I have already received the paper application form by calling the EU resolution centre although they instructed me to apply via an app which I think is strange as they might have confused my mum's article 10 residency card issued in Spain with an equivalent UK version of it.

As part of the paper application, I am sending all my documents relating to the proof of exercising treaty rights in Spain such as my job contracts, salary slips, tenancy agreements and citizen registration certificates. However, all these documents issued in Spain are of course in Spanish language and I am wondering if this needs to translated into Enlgish. The whole pack of documents due to being large in number, would turn out to be quite expensive if I get this done through an approved translator that home office would accept. Therefore, I checked this with the resolution centre by calling this number 0300 123 7379 and they advised me not to get them translated, however, judging by the advice they gave me before about applying through the app when I can't, I am highly critical of this too.

I would appreciate if any of you who has applied for a pre-settled status after having lived in another EU country to share their experience of whether you had to get the documents translated into English or not.

Another question I have pertains to the joint residency with the dependent. I have lived with my mum my whole life and also after she became my dependent for a year in a NON-EEA country before she joined me in Spain. Will this have any kind of bearing on my application in terms of length of joint residence or will they only consider the joint residence in an EEA state only.

Regards

Yungbuk