ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse and child ilr.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

umark468
Newly Registered

Spouse and child ilr.

Post by umark468 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:23 pm

Hi,
My wife and daughter are on 5 years family route. Both qualify for ILR provided that my wife pass life in the UK and english test. My wife did not pass lie in the UK, meaning that she cannot apply for ILR.
I want to ask if I can apply extension for my wife and ILR for my daughter? My daughter is 9 years old. Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse and child ilr.

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:15 pm

Your child will qualify for ilr when your wife does. You will need to apply for an extension for both of them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse and child ilr.

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:45 am

Do NOT post your questions in the MN1 British Citizenship TIMELINE ONLY topics!!!
umark468 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:21 am
Dear All,
I will appreciate if you can provide me answer to the below question.

My wife and daughter are on 5 years family route. My daughter was born in Pakistan and she is 8 years old. Both have completed their 5 years. I want to apply for ILR, but my wife did not pass life in the UK. If I apply for extension for my wife, can I apply ILR for my daughter at the same time? Or my daughter will have to carry the same status as my wife?
I have already answered your questions. Your child will only qualify for ILR when your spouse does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.