ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permit application and tourist vist

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

twista
Ireland

EEA Permit application and tourist vist

Post by twista » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi,

My friend is a European Citizen married to a US Citizen. They have an EEA Permit Application pending and awaiting its outcome for her to join her European spouse in the UK where he lives. She has not lived in the UK before and both are currently holidaying in France temporarily.

Can she enter the UK as his spouse on a tourist visa pending the outcome of the EEA Permit application?

Thanks

MYRA4U
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Permit application and tourist vist

Post by MYRA4U » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:19 pm

twista wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:07 pm
Hi,

My friend is a European Citizen married to a US Citizen. They have an EEA Permit Application pending and awaiting its outcome for her to join her European spouse in the UK where he lives. She has not lived in the UK before and both are currently holidaying in France temporarily.

Can she enter the UK as his spouse on a tourist visa pending the outcome of the EEA Permit application?

Thanks
Hi,
Waiting for family permit is a complete waste of time in my opinion, especially with 31 December in the corner, it might take months to be issued permit.
I had a similar issue when i first moved to uk in 2017.
In 2015, i was issued 5years uK visitors visa as a non European, and in 2017 i decided to moved to uk with my Partner.
Unfortunately, i was ill advised to apply for family permit to move to Uk with my unmarried partner.
I did applied for family permit from our country of residence, which took weeks without any update.
Luckily, a close friend of mine who has contact with someone in Uk immigration, made some enquiries on my behalf and then asked me to withdraw my family permit application, buy a flight ticket and visit uk as a tourist.
I trusted him, so i took his advise, came to Uk as a tourist in 2017, together with my Eu Partner.
When we arrived, we found an apartment, she signed the house contract in name, put some utility bills on both names, took most of the utility bills from our country of residence and apply for residence card.
3 weeks later i got my COA of no work, i was worried, but my friend told me to stay calm.
then 8 weeks later i received a letter of approval informing me that my residence card will arrived within 10 days. 2 days later i got the residence card.
We are both pre-settled holder at the moment...

IN MY OPINION, USE YOUR AMERICAN PASSPORT VISA FREE, GET YOUR FLIGHT TICKETS AND VISIT UK AS A TOURIST WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR PARTNER, MEET UP WITH YOUR EU PARTNER LATER, FIND A PLACE, BRING ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND START UP BOTH APPLICATIONS.

White_Pearl
Ireland

Re: EEA Permit application and tourist vist

Post by White_Pearl » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:00 am

Isn’t processing time a few weeks?