ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is moving homes frequently bad for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Is moving homes frequently bad for ILR?

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Hi,

I have only started living in the UK recently as a tier 2 migrant, however I do have a question when I eventually will apply for ILR 5 years down the line. Would it be detrimental to my ILR application if I move addresses often? If so, how detrimental?

I only ask because I normally only sign short-term contracts with landlords so I might move every few months just to explore new areas of my city or if I don't like the current place I am living in. Just asking in case I may need to change my habits...

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is moving homes frequently bad for ILR?

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:19 pm

Would it be detrimental to my ILR application if I move addresses often?
No.

Note however that you will be required to list all your addresses for 5 years if you plan on applying for citizenship in the future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RedTapeIsBad
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Is moving homes frequently bad for ILR?

Post by RedTapeIsBad » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:19 pm
Would it be detrimental to my ILR application if I move addresses often?
No.

Note however that you will be required to list all your addresses for 5 years if you plan on applying for citizenship in the future.
Thanks! Good to know. I was aware that they will require me to list me address history for the past five years, but I was wondering if they may judge you based on that - glad they don't!