ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tbp
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by tbp » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Very happy for the people who attended their biometric appointments and getting decisions already for their end of June applications.

But on the other hand I am very frustrated as somebody who applied on 29 March, not being able to proceed with my application because of some sort of management failure.

I have been waiting to hear news about biometric reuse for over 3 weeks now. I am not even counting the previous days before that anymore.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:12 pm

tbp wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:51 pm
Very happy for the people who attended their biometric appointments and getting decisions already for their end of June applications.

But on the other hand I am very frustrated as somebody who applied on 29 March, not being able to proceed with my application because of some sort of management failure.

I have been waiting to hear news about biometric reuse for over 3 weeks now. I am not even counting the previous days before that anymore.
I understand your frustration and feel sorry for people in similar situation. But it shows some signs that UKVI is making some background progress and they are trying to clear backlog ASAP. You may have decision immediately after facial image submission as soon as that feature is ready.

srp27
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srp27 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:47 pm

Hi

I've seen some ILR timelines on the other thread where the UKVI application has been submitted before sitting the LITUK test - is this possible? I was under the impression you had to pass the test and include the certificate number in the UKVI application before submission? Could someone please clarify?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:51 pm

srp27 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:47 pm
Hi

I've seen some ILR timelines on the other thread where the UKVI application has been submitted before sitting the LITUK test - is this possible? I was under the impression you had to pass the test and include the certificate number in the UKVI application before submission? Could someone please clarify?

Many thanks
This topic you have posted in is ONLY for biomteric appointment questions and NOT for liuk queries. There is an existing topic for liuk questions and your questi n has been answered numerous times already. Link below.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1917020
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:45 am

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:24 am

Just saw this new ILR Set O success story of a June applicant.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1917179

So far the success stories seem to be from those who have "attended" an appointment in person. Is there a pattern here?

Does anyone know of success stories of those you are chosen to "resuse the previous biometrics"?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:28 am

ILRGB wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:24 am
Just saw this new ILR Set O success story of a June applicant.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1917179

So far the success stories seem to be from those who have "attended" an appointment in person. Is there a pattern here?

Does anyone know of success stories of those you are chosen to "resuse the previous biometrics"?
There aren't any yet as the facial image process is NOT yet available.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILRGB
India

Post by ILRGB » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:43 am

Thanks CROO1 that makes sense to me now.

Am I correct in assuming that"all" June applicants would have received an email highlighting whether they are eligible for biometrics re-use OR whether they need to attend in person?

As a July applicant, I am trying to understand if I would receive an email ONLY if I am eligible for biometrics re-use?

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by usernameswan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:58 am

Another lucky person who applied on 5 June: https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1120.html

Really happy for them, but feel that we've been 'punished' by this re use biometric policy which is meant to accelerate the process...

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:14 am

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:29 pm
debrancherenzym wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:48 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:38 pm
Shaaz2029 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 am
Applied 1st June. Still waiting to hear for any appointment or use of biometrics. Frustrating.......
have you got anything yet?
it is the end of the day and i still dont have an email or appt. am I the only one?
You’re not the only one, haven’t received anything, neither have we heard from anyone getting a re-use of biometrics email
still nothing.........
Set O, applied 1 April 2020, received on 3 July bimetric re-use email, since then dead silence, also email said "we will be in touch over the next couple of weeks with instructions..", well it has been 3 weeks... Absolutely not fair and accelerate system...Hope to see instructions this week as they had enough time to launch this facial image thing...

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:15 am

usernameswan wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:58 am
Another lucky person who applied on 5 June: https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1120.html

Really happy for them, but feel that we've been 'punished' by this re use biometric policy which is meant to accelerate the process...
Agree... :cry:

jerrysk8
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerrysk8 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:20 am

I applied April 27 and am still waiting. This is so frustrating seeing other people apply months later and getting approved. Is there anything I can do??

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:22 am

They have to release an update before 2 August. Because it will be literally a month by then since they announced the biometric reuse policy. That's not "few weeks" but a month. A few weeks shouldn't be more than 3 weeks in my opinion.

But obviously according to UKVI and/or UKVCAS it could be months as well in this case. At the end of the day, 2 months is also a "few weeks".

I lodged complaints for my 29 March application to both UKVCAS and UKVI, also emailed CIH, and my visa department for Turkish Businessperson. I will share any updates as soon as I receive a response.

NNHidayah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NNHidayah » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:24 am

DianaK91 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:14 am
Shaaz2029 wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:
gc362952246 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:38 pm

have you got anything yet?
it is the end of the day and i still dont have an email or appt. am I the only one?
You’re not the only one, haven’t received anything, neither have we heard from anyone getting a re-use of biometrics email
still nothing.........
Set O, applied 1 April 2020, received on 3 July bimetric re-use email, since then dead silence, also email said "we will be in touch over the next couple of weeks with instructions..", well it has been 3 weeks... Absolutely not fair and accelerate system...Hope to see instructions this week as they had enough time to launch this facial image thing...
I agree with you. From the timeline discussion, I came to know that those who applied from the third week to the end of June had came for appointment recently. The also received approval email couple of days after. Hopefully they will start doing something for the biometric reuse.

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:39 am

NNHidayah wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:24 am
DianaK91 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:14 am
Shaaz2029 wrote:
debrancherenzym wrote:

still nothing.........
I agree with you. From the timeline discussion, I came to know that those who applied from the third week to the end of June had came for appointment recently. The also received approval email couple of days after. Hopefully they will start doing something for the biometric reuse.
At this stage, I worry about the crisis and job... everyone talking about redundancies, while we are waiting for acceleration :D
I hope you have a good day and I hope we all receive good news this week- we deserve it!

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:49 am

tbp wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:22 am
They have to release an update before 2 August. Because it will be literally a month by then since they announced the biometric reuse policy. That's not "few weeks" but a month. A few weeks shouldn't be more than 3 weeks in my opinion.

But obviously according to UKVI and/or UKVCAS it could be months as well in this case. At the end of the day, 2 months is also a "few weeks".

I lodged complaints for my 29 March application to both UKVCAS and UKVI, also emailed CIH, and my visa department for Turkish Businessperson. I will share any updates as soon as I receive a response.
Totally understand your feelings, at least if HO planned on using some new system, they should have tested it before putting lots of people into this position-we all worry about our jobs, and our lives in the UK depend on this new approach.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been emailed by ukvcas that I would not need to come to an appointment as my previous biometrics can be used. However, since then I have not been contacted regarding submitting my documents. I was told in the email and in the guidance of home office that I will be emailed regarding the next steps which I need to take.

I have noticed a new option on the ukvcas website where it allows me to upload and submit my documents to home office. However, I have not received any email confirmation or the steps I need to take to get some progression in my application.

Please can someone kindly confirm the next steps? Do I continue to wait for an email from home office or submit my documents through the ukvcas website? Or otherwise please advise.

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:28 pm

Toxic wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:49 pm
Hi Guys,

I have been emailed by ukvcas that I would not need to come to an appointment as my previous biometrics can be used. However, since then I have not been contacted regarding submitting my documents. I was told in the email and in the guidance of home office that I will be emailed regarding the next steps which I need to take.

I have noticed a new option on the ukvcas website where it allows me to upload and submit my documents to home office. However, I have not received any email confirmation or the steps I need to take to get some progression in my application.

Please can someone kindly confirm the next steps? Do I continue to wait for an email from home office or submit my documents through the ukvcas website? Or otherwise please advise.
Honestly, who knows? We are totally left blind by Home Office and their partners. It's just blind leading the blind.

This new option to submit documents to UKVI popped up a few weeks ago and there were no communications around it. I think most people have used it, though I'm not sure. Use at your own risk.

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:55 pm

typhoon476 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:28 pm
Toxic wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:49 pm
Hi Guys,

Honestly, who knows? We are totally left blind by Home Office and their partners. It's just blind leading the blind.

This new option to submit documents to UKVI popped up a few weeks ago and there were no communications around it. I think most people have used it, though I'm not sure. Use at your own risk.
No one here knows what’s the real use of the submit to UKVI option (everyone is assuming that documents are sent directly to UKVI).
When asked to UKVCAS agent they mentioned that with this option it just a final confimation from the users on their documents when they use this option, only once UKVCAS agent at the time of appointment or when photo is uploaded in case of biometric reuse will send the documents to UKVI

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:16 pm

I think I will wait for en email. I reckon they will clarify once they email regarding the facial recognition system.
In the guidance from home office ot clearly says that they will email on the steps to send them the documents and facial image. So better to wait and not mess about

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for ILR (set O) this morning and have just uploaded all the docs via the UKVCAS. Obviously no appointments are available so i am just going to wait for an email from UKVCAS on when the new appointments are released. As i understand thats all i can do?
I will keep you posted when/if i hear from the HO or the UKVCAS.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi Guys,
I was reading on the BC forum discussing same issue. One of them had a successful application by submitting the documents through ukvcas and the individual didnt receive any email regarding submission of documents.
However, I believe we should wait as we will be clarified once the facial recognition system is up and running.
Also, I spoke to home office on their helpline number, I mentioned to them about this way of uploading through the ukvcas website and asked him shall i wait or upload? And also mentioned that the homeoffice guidance says to wait for an email for the next steps. The representative advised me to wait so am going to wait.
Thanks

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Toxic wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:22 pm
Hi Guys,
I was reading on the BC forum discussing same issue. One of them had a successful application by submitting the documents through ukvcas and the individual didnt receive any email regarding submission of documents.
However, I believe we should wait as we will be clarified once the facial recognition system is up and running.
Also, I spoke to home office on their helpline number, I mentioned to them about this way of uploading through the ukvcas website and asked him shall i wait or upload? And also mentioned that the homeoffice guidance says to wait for an email for the next steps. The representative advised me to wait so am going to wait.
Thanks

VikasMandal
United Kingdom

Post by VikasMandal » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:16 pm

It seems that those who got email from case worker earlier requesting for documents are getting decisions as soon as their biometric is complete

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:33 pm

Toxic wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:22 pm
Hi Guys,
Thanks
Have they told you how long more you should wait for an email with instructions, it is easy to say for them!