ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does bank statement salary have to be the same period as payslip?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irenejg
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Does bank statement salary have to be the same period as payslip?

Post by Irenejg » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:31 pm

I'm applying for ILR from tier 2 general. I have what is possibly a stupid question about the payslip and bank statement requirements.
1. Most recent (less than one calendar month before application) payslip
2. Most recent (less than one calendar month before application) bank statement, showing pay as on the payslip

The problem I have is that my bank statement is produced a couple of days before my pay day. So there are only a couple of days a month where the pay on my most recent bank statement belongs to my most recent payslip. Even though I'm salaried, my pay varies by pennies month to month so not only will the dates not match, but the amounts won't.

Does that mean I need to submit my application in that small window of time when things line up?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Does bank statement salary have to be the same period as payslip?

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:02 pm

No. You simply provide the latest payslip and statement you have
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Irenejg
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Irenejg » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:06 pm

Thanks Zimba.
Annoyingly, even though I was overthinking it with the original question, it turns out my most recent bank statement doesn't have any salary on it, and the June statement has both May and June pay - June pay was early because regular pay day fell on the weekend.

My employer tells me my letter will be ready end next week (7 Aug or so) and I had planned to apply immediately then. Seems like my options are:
  • apply as planned, submitting July payslip, June+July statements, and cover letter explaining why there are two statements/no pay on July statement
  • apply as planned, assume the window in which I can upload docs after application will allow me to submit August bank statement
  • wait to apply until I have August statement on hand
The first option seems like it would lead to the quickest processing of my application, but I'm hesitant because the instructions for documents explicitly say "you should not provide any additional payslips or statements, unless you are currently on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave."

What is the best course of action?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:00 am

Apply as planned. Your are overthinking
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

andrvetch
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by andrvetch » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:19 am

That's good to know that it is OK to submit a bank statement that has a salary from the previous month and the current month's payslip.

I am in a similar situation as I only have about a week in a month when the payslip and bank statement showing the same payslip payments are both within one month from the application date. I was going to target my application into this specific week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:20 am

andrvetch wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:19 am
That's good to know that it is OK to submit a bank statement that has a salary from the previous month and the current month's payslip.

I am in a similar situation as I only have about a week in a month when the payslip and bank statement showing the same payslip payments are both within one month from the application date. I was going to target my application into this specific week.
Can you please stop tagging onto other members topics. Ask ALL your questions in your own topic you already have, where you have already been given advice!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.