ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mr Muj M
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse ILR Question

Post by Mr Muj M » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:10 am

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I needed some help understanding when i can apply for my spouses ILR.

She arrived in the UK on 20 July 2015 on a spouse visa 5 year route.

In March 2018 her LLR was granted and extended by 30 months. She was issued a new BRP which expires in November 2020.

From my calculations she has been in the UK for more then 60 months now. (Todays date: 28.07.2020)

She has obtained a B1 qualification as well as the Life in the UK cert.

Can i apply for ILR now??

Have i left it too late to apply for her ILR??

Is okay that im applying for her ILR more then 5 years later according to her arrival date?

Is she still legally able to stay in the UK? as she still has until November 2020 before her BRP expires.

Do i wait until 28 days before BRP expires to apply for ILR?

Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanking You all in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse ILR Question

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:02 am

Can i apply for ILR now??
Yes.
Have i left it too late to apply for her ILR??
No.
Is okay that im applying for her ILR more then 5 years later according to her arrival date?
Yes.
Is she still legally able to stay in the UK? as she still has until November 2020 before her BRP expires.
Yes, she still has a valid visa. It doesn't suddenly become invalid once 60 months is reached.
Do i wait until 28 days before BRP expires to apply for ILR?
No. The visa expiry date is the latest she can apply. She could have applied for ilr at the end of June already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.