ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shuvotash
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Shuvotash » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:03 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:33 pm
Shuvotash wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:15 pm
Hi guys,

Firstly I would like to massively thanks everyone in this forum (Members and Moderators). This is the only place which keeps assuring that I am not alone going through this, so I am obliged to share my updates.

I have applied some times in May and fell into Biometric Reuse category.

I read some comments regarding the uncertainties related to processing our applications while we are waiting for biometric reuse (photo verifications).

I can guess those who submitted the documents (via UKVCAS) and now waiting for biometric reuse, for those Home Office is already STARTED THE PROCESSING of the applications. Recently I received an email from the relevant team asking for further original documents (out of 50+ submitted docs) in order to support my application.

This is great news as our application is in progress while we are waiting for photo verification. So I request you all to be patient. Everyone is doing more than their bests to get over the uncertainties due to the current situation. Let's be respectful and thankful.

Thanks a lot again and hope this is helpful.
I agree with the above. I called UKVI and they were updated internally on 20.07.2020 that reuse category candidates will get email. But again lady was skeptical to give the time it may take.

I still think they have taken the interim decision on applications (straight forward ones).

What do you think?

Hi abhardwaj1390,

I would love to think that too. :)

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:05 pm

I have a further update on my SET (O) ILR application. Today I received an email from case worker that decision will be delayed an it may be more than 6 months.

I started getting worried now as it may take more time according to the email and this is from the case worker and not an auto-generated, can anybody please let me know who get similar email after application submission?

Following is the text from email:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.

We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case.

****** Some general info on covid 19 that I am omitting ******

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards

XXX Case worker name that I am omitting XXX
Tier 2/5 Operations Work Team 3
Visas & Citizenship Operations - Work & Study
UK Visas & Immigration
Home Office
Level 2, Vulcan House Iron
Millsands
Sheffield

S3 8NU
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuvotash
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shuvotash » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:07 pm

ILRGB wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:38 pm
Thanks for sharing your update, very useful.

Did you receive the request to send documents via email a few days after uploading the documents on the UKVCAS portal?

Hi ILRGB,

I have submitted my docs around 10th of July like everyone and they asked to send further docs this week.

Let's see and hope for the best.

Cheers!

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:09 pm

Shuvotash wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:03 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Shuvotash wrote:
Hi guys,

Firstly I would like to massively thanks everyone in this forum (Members and Moderators). This is the only place which keeps assuring that I am not alone going through this, so I am obliged to share my updates.

I read some comments regarding the uncertainties related to processing our applications while we are waiting for biometric reuse (photo verifications).

I can guess those who submitted the documents (via UKVCAS) and now waiting for biometric reuse, for those Home Office is already STARTED THE PROCESSING of the applications. Recently I received an email from the relevant team asking for further original documents (out of 50+ submitted docs) in order to support my application.

This is great news as our application is in progress while we are waiting for photo verification. So I request you all to be patient. Everyone is doing more than their bests to get over the uncertainties due to the current situation. Let's be respectful and thankful.

I agree with the above. I called UKVI and they were updated internally on 20.07.2020 that reuse category candidates will get email. But again lady was skeptical to give the time it may take.

I still think they have taken the interim decision on applications (straight forward ones).

What do you think?

Hi abhardwaj1390,

Hi, this would likely in current situation.

Lets hope for the best

pooshu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pooshu » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Shuvotash wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi There,

If you don't mind, could you please let me know the actual application submission date. Thanks

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:55 pm

It gets harder and harder to be patient when your actual application and registration date is 29 March. For my visa category, they do not send emails asking for documents. So I am suspicious that I will get a decision quickly once I have my biometrics sorted out.

I also submitted my docs to UKVI on 10 July when it's first rolled out on UKVCAS. Since then no news, no updates.

Clearly biometric reuse function isn't ready yet. And nobody knows when it will be ready. I literally ended up cancelling my wedding in September today because of this management failure. Everything in this country is now up and running. Everything is almost %100 functional. But we can not enrol our photos for ID purposes. No clear explanation why. We are told to wait, and we have been waiting, when we could get decisions by now and get on with our lives.

They could even use those photo-boxes which you can see in every corner in the country. If they can be used digitally for passport applications, they could be easily used for photo upload to UKVI as well. If there was a real, compassionate WILL, this could be sorted out long ago. They have been just dragging all of this for far too long.

As an ordinary citizen, I am able to offer many solutions, but I am not sure what those people at the management level have been thinking about.

Wonderwhy190
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wonderwhy190 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:06 pm

Shuvotash wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:03 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Shuvotash wrote:
Hi guys,

What do you think?

Hi abhardwaj1390,

Hi Shucotash, can I ask which category you are applying under please? Thank you :)

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Have finally decided to upload via standard application route - as I don't feel like I can wait around until the priority options open up.

Have people generally been uploading all supporting documents to UKVCAS straight away, or have you been waiting to be contacted via email?

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:51 pm

Barry465 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:42 pm
Have finally decided to upload via standard application route - as I don't feel like I can wait around until the priority options open up.

Have people generally been uploading all supporting documents to UKVCAS straight away, or have you been waiting to be contacted via email?
Waiting till the 10th of Aug before I submit, hopefully they'd have brought it back by then since their backlog seems to be clearing.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:03 pm

I just contacted Home Office as I was informed by them that there may be some updates this week - they didn’t disclose what these updates are related to - but was informed by them that they’re no longer expecting such updates. I guess there may be further delays so gonna submit my application now. You guys should also ring Home Office just to raise their awareness...

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:15 pm

To: All Reuse members

Do you have same passport in your application?

Please respond

Thanks

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:17 pm

BloodofGod123 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:51 pm
Barry465 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Waiting till the 10th of Aug before I submit, hopefully they'd have brought it back by then since their backlog seems to be clearing.
If I was you, I would submit via the standard application process to be honest. For one, I think that given the backlog they are much more likely to start clearing these out quicker than the given '6 month time frame' and by the time priority comes back - I feel you you might already have your Visa had you applied now.

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:21 pm

tbp wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:55 pm
It gets harder and harder to be patient when your actual application and registration date is 29 March. For my visa category, they do not send emails asking for documents. So I am suspicious that I will get a decision quickly once I have my biometrics sorted out.

I also submitted my docs to UKVI on 10 July when it's first rolled out on UKVCAS. Since then no news, no updates.

Clearly biometric reuse function isn't ready yet. And nobody knows when it will be ready. I literally ended up cancelling my wedding in September today because of this management failure. Everything in this country is now up and running. Everything is almost %100 functional. But we can not enrol our photos for ID purposes. No clear explanation why. We are told to wait, and we have been waiting, when we could get decisions by now and get on with our lives.

They could even use those photo-boxes which you can see in every corner in the country. If they can be used digitally for passport applications, they could be easily used for photo upload to UKVI as well. If there was a real, compassionate WILL, this could be sorted out long ago. They have been just dragging all of this for far too long.

As an ordinary citizen, I am able to offer many solutions, but I am not sure what those people at the management level have been thinking about.
Applied on 1 April, the same situation - absolutely not a phased and fair approach... also, I was asked to send docs via email to a caseworker in the middle of May, of course, complied with the request and additionally submitted through UKVCAS on 20 July.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Just now I got this response from UKVCAS when I enquired about biometric appointments and biometric reuse

Thank you for your enquiry.
We are now offering customers who registered with UKVCAS before 30th June 2020 the option to book an appointment. If you are identified as a customer who is required to attend an appointment, we will email you to advise when you can book your appointment.
In response to COVID-19 UKVI is changing the way it processes applications. This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded as part of a previous application. This means that some customers will not need to attend a UKVCAS service point.
UKVI are currently working to identify all customers eligible for this approach. UKVI has asked us not to invite these customers for an appointment. At the moment, we cannot confirm when this new way of working will be launched but we will contact all customers to explain the next steps over the coming weeks.
Thank you for your continued patience.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:45 pm

asap8 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:42 pm
Just now I got this response from UKVCAS when I enquired about biometric appointments and biometric reuse

We are now offering customers who registered with UKVCAS before 30th June 2020 the option to book an appointment. If you are identified as a customer who is required to attend an appointment, we will email you to advise when you can book your appointment.
In response to COVID-19 UKVI is changing the way it processes applications. This new way of working involves reusing biometrics (fingerprints) that have been recorded as part of a previous application. This means that some customers will not need to attend a UKVCAS service point.
UKVI are currently working to identify all customers eligible for this approach. UKVI has asked us not to invite these customers for an appointment. At the moment, we cannot confirm when this new way of working will be launched but we will contact all customers to explain the next steps over the coming weeks.
So, we are starting from 0 and come back to 0

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:50 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:45 pm
asap8 wrote:

It makes me cry, "the coming weeks"...seriously...bizarre!

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:54 pm

They have been sending generic emails to enquiries since the biometric reuse announced.

Here is part of the response I received for my enquiry on 9 July:
"You will receive an email from UKVCAS in due course advising of the next steps. Unfortunately I cannot confirm when this email will be sent to you and I am not able to confirm details of the biometric reuse process, for the time being we ask for your patience. You will be updated as soon as we have more information. " So nothing has changed.

I am having trouble to understand how come a government agency such as UKVI and their contractor UKVCAS can not confirm a deadline? It shouldn't be this easy to gamble with the lives of thousands of people. They should announce a deadline. Without a deadline, they can flex the "few weeks" to "few months" easily.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:56 pm

DianaK91 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:50 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
asap8 wrote:

Stay Strong. Hopefully they will clear applications very quickly. May be just a release from the system. They have told me today over the phone that system is already in place called WASH but not rolled out yet. They will email candidates. Hence wait and can not confirm time limit.

I tried my best yo get information out from different departments and now I think its best to wait and let them clear backlog. More queries will lead to more delays

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:59 pm

DianaK91 wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
asap8 wrote:

Hope this is the generic email (created long long ago) they send out to people who enquire about biometric reuse... so stay positive...

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:03 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:56 pm
DianaK91 wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
asap8 wrote:

Stay Strong. Hopefully they will clear applications very quickly. May be just a release from the system. They have told me today over the phone that system is already in place called WASH but not rolled out yet. They will email candidates. Hence wait and can not confirm time limit.

I tried my best yo get information out from different departments and now I think its best to wait and let them clear backlog. More queries will lead to more delays
Thank you for being informative and supportive... I worry a lot because what happens if during this circus with waiting I get redundant...my whole life can be messed up :cry:

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Guys I can see the frustration now this is my plan of action while we are all waiting.
As applications are now standard routes and processing time is 6 months based on their service standards. And am guessing most have received biometric reuse email and no other emails. This will be my plan of action after six months of no response bear in mind my application for ILR was submitted on the 03/05/2020 feel free if you want to follow or add any relevant information to it.
• After six months no correspondences from UKVI to upload photos make a complaint to UKVI at complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk.
• If still no satisfactory response then complain to my local MP.
• Still if no satisfactory responses then get my MP to make a complaint to Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman or will do that myself.
I know that this may sound long winded but we have to be patient at this game.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:13 pm

mals wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:07 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:03 pm
For those who applied in July: Can you see the option for submitting the documents to UKVI via the document upload section on UKVCAS?

I know someone who applied today 15/7/2020 but have NO option like this.

I am assuming this option maybe is only for applicants till June then??

Application submitted and paid on 1st july,
Got an email asking to email documents on 2nd july
Got a generic email saying it may take longer than 6 months.
I saw the option to submit the docs to HO the day it was available to everyone else.

Do you see "Submitted" next to your uploaded docs? Perhaps it's on by default now?
@mals Congratulations for your ILR approval. I noticed your post about ILR approval in timeline thread, you are very lucky to get an ILR decision so quickly.

I also received an email which says that it may take longer than 6 months like you, can you please share what was the text of that email?

cy60pangmail
Newly Registered
China

Post by cy60pangmail » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:30 pm

ps1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 am
Hi all,

We had our biometrics taken early today (applied mid-june, family with young children so no biometric re-use) in Croydon. The process was very smooth - took about 1 hour for 4 of us - no inordinate waiting times in the waiting area like in earlier T1/T2 appointments which took almost half a day.

They scanned individual pages of my current passport which had a lot of work travel so took the longest in the family. They also did quite a lot of checking the front pages and a few other random pages of our passports, placing it under a table-lamp kind of a contraction which projected 1 red dot on to the passport.

I am guessing for the folks with biometric reuse emails, they might be looking to find a way of scanning in all pages of the passport and also checking the passport/stamp authenticity - and maybe that's why this is taking long? Also for my wife, they had to take the picture three times as the system rejected it after 4-5 min of processing (even though the person thought the pics were taken fine). So am guessing that they're trying to make it all seamless. Would have been super easy if they could delegate this out to local post-offices but maybe there is some element of security checks on passport etc.

anyway, the wait begins now for the decision.
I have one babies who I think do not need to use fingerprint. So just wondering if your children are under 5 or over 5

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:32 pm

cy60pangmail wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:30 pm
I have one babies who I think do not need to use fingerprint. So just wondering if your children are under 5 or over 5
Children under 5 still have to enroll biometrics but it is only the digital photo.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:39 pm

stonelove wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:10 pm
Guys I can see the frustration now this is my plan of action while we are all waiting.
As applications are now standard routes and processing time is 6 months based on their service standards. And am guessing most have received biometric reuse email and no other emails. This will be my plan of action after six months of no response bear in mind my application for ILR was submitted on the 03/05/2020 feel free if you want to follow or add any relevant information to it.
• After six months no correspondences from UKVI to upload photos make a complaint to UKVI at complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk.
• If still no satisfactory response then complain to my local MP.
• Still if no satisfactory responses then get my MP to make a complaint to Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman or will do that myself.
I know that this may sound long winded but we have to be patient at this game.
Are you in the re-use group of applicants?