ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Me Pleassssse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bilobela
Newly Registered

Help Me Pleassssse

Post by bilobela » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:24 pm

I am in a rut! I came to the UK in 2003 on a working holiday visa. In 2004, listening to my friends advice, I applied for asylum under a new name and birth date and different nationality. When my working holiday visa finished, I then applied for a student visa. I met my now wife in 2005 at college and in 2007 decided to get married in my home country south africa. After the wedding I applied for a settlement visa which was denied due to the fact I had "decieved immigration". My wife was pregnant at the time and they at the British consulate refused to believe that fact. She had returned to the Uk after the wedding for work and she is also a British citizen. She has given birth here in SA and my daughter is now five months old. We tried returning to London via Dubai but was refused entry to the UK by the entry clearance officer in Dubai, who told me to reapply for a settlement visa for myself and a visa for my daughter.

I really need to go back, what can I do????????? :(

t-bag

re

Post by t-bag » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi, just read your post. Well one thing i would advise you to do is don't mess things up. Dont show the embassy that you want to return to the UK at any cost. Keep it cool and take your time. Define which type of visa you need and apply STEP BY STEP. Make sure you get all the relevant documentation from your wife. Is she working, has she got sufficient money, has she got a suitable accomodation. Don't rush, again, that's an advise. What you need to do is ready the immigration rules and apply according to these - make sure you qualify for every pararaph. If you do, then you're through. If you don't, they will find any thing to talk to u up. Having a child or not does not matter. They cannot give the visa to you and leave ur child behind, so make sure u get all the relevant documentation and go for it. Good luck

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:15 am

Sorry I think I'm misunderstanding something!

Your wife is a British citizen right? Well then so is your child???? If he or she was born in SA then they are British by descent! Go to the British embassy register his/her birth and apply for a British passport?

Also it is good to be truthful....you have to apply for a I think a 2 year spouse visa, as a spouse of a British citizen! Then after 2 year you can apply for PR i think....you have to pass the life in the UK test etc.....

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:51 am

Start by looking at this link.

Then you need to gather supporting evidence to prove:
  1. Financial Stability
  2. Employment
  3. Suitable Accommodation
  4. Genuine and Subsisting Marriage
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:09 am

Your wife needs to compile a set of documents that includes the following:
  • A Sponsorship Declaration
  • At least 6 Months Wage slips
  • P60 2007/2008
  • A copy of a Contract of Employment
  • Employment Letter. Confirming, start date, full-time/part-time, Temp/Perm, title of position, annual salary
  • At least 6 Months bank statements
  • Attested photocopies (bio-data pages) of sponsors passport and birth certificate. Also copies of entry/exit stamps in passport.
  • Birth Certificates of any children
  • You (the applicant) must include your passport and birth certificate.
  • The marriage certificate.
  • Property Inspection Letter - Confirming that the property that you and your partner will be living in is suitable for all of you and would not be overcrowded. If this property the sponsors parents, sponsor must include a copy of the land registry document/deeds and also sponsors parents must write a letter stating that they are willing to allow you (the applicant) and your partner (the sponspr) to reside at their property. If rented, enclose a rental agreement and the same letter from your landlord.
  • Utility bills, 3 months
  • Evidence of communication; letters, phone bills, cards, email, SMS.
  • Wedding photos, invites, wedding cards from friends and family,
  • Completed form VAF(4)
  • The applicant must include 2 Passport size photos
That’s all I can think of for now. At least its something to get you going.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

Twin
Member of Standing

Re: Help Me Pleassssse

Post by Twin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:04 pm

bilobela wrote:I am in a rut! I came to the UK in 2003 on a working holiday visa. In 2004, listening to my friends advice, I applied for asylum under a new name and birth date and different nationality. When my working holiday visa finished, I then applied for a student visa. I met my now wife in 2005 at college and in 2007 decided to get married in my home country south africa. After the wedding I applied for a settlement visa which was denied due to the fact I had "decieved immigration". My wife was pregnant at the time and they at the British consulate refused to believe that fact. She had returned to the Uk after the wedding for work and she is also a British citizen. She has given birth here in SA and my daughter is now five months old. We tried returning to London via Dubai but was refused entry to the UK by the entry clearance officer in Dubai, who told me to reapply for a settlement visa for myself and a visa for my daughter.

I really need to go back, what can I do????????? :(
How did they find out of your deception? Did you declare it? when was your application refused? Was it refused under paragraph 320(7a)?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:37 am

You have little hope of returning to the UK on a UK visa in the next ten years. UK wife and child does not step you away from the deception employed.
Let me guess you pretended you were a ZIM asylum seeker!

Forget about the spouse application because it will be refused and you are just wasting time and money. Best option is for your wife to get a job in another EEA country and exercise her treaty rights and bring you over that way. Other than that she can move to SA.