ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usernameswan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by usernameswan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 pm

If you are working in an established company with good reputation and promised to deliver something important to your clients with a vague deadline (eg a few weeks), you are lucky if you can get this idea pass through the management team and wouldn't get complained by your clients. You will be extremly lucky to not get a warning (or get fired) if you then disappeared and never contacted your clients ever, and no matter who asked, you can simply say be patient and wait.

But I guess we are talking about the government service here, so they would be 'different', wouldn't they?? We should tolerate and be patient about whatever treatment we receive, including the increasing fee on visa application, the failure of the IT system (in 21 century), and 'hard to get through' helpline.

When receiving the re use email in the first instance, most people felt that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, now we realised we've just been too naive.

Some people are very lucky but for those who are experiencing difficulties in their life and work, this issue has taken quantifiable emotional toll on them. Sincerely hope this can be resolved asap

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:32 pm
cy60pangmail wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:30 pm
I have one babies who I think do not need to use fingerprint. So just wondering if your children are under 5 or over 5
Children under 5 still have to enroll biometrics but it is only the digital photo.
Hi CR001 - I have received an email on Friday 24th July confirming that I am eligible for biometrics reuse .

I am the main applicant and have 3 dependents in the same application for Tier 2 General ( wife and two kids aged 7 and 18 months ) . We all did our T2 biometrics last year when I was in another company .

I have only ONE email addressed to me as the main applicant for biometrics reuse. I am assuming that my dependents are also a part of that process and they will not receive separate emails for each of them .

Am I correct in my assumption and should I be expecting separate Biometrics Reuse emails for each of my dependents?

Your inputs appreciated immensely.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:44 pm

usernameswan wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 pm
If you are working in an established company with good reputation and promised to deliver something important to your clients with a vague deadline (eg a few weeks), you are lucky if you can get this idea pass through the management team and wouldn't get complained by your clients. You will be extremly lucky to not get a warning (or get fired) if you then disappeared and never contacted your clients ever, and no matter who asked, you can simply say be patient and wait.

But I guess we are talking about the government service here, so they would be 'different', wouldn't they?? We should tolerate and be patient about whatever treatment we receive, including the increasing fee on visa application, the failure of the IT system (in 21 century), and 'hard to get through' helpline.

When receiving the re use email in the first instance, most people felt that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, now we realised we've just been too naive.

Some people are very lucky but for those who are experiencing difficulties in their life and work, this issue has taken quantifiable emotional toll on them. Sincerely hope this can be resolved asap
Apparently those Birts who applied for passports and waiting for travel have been given a choice to upgrade to priority services.
Do immigrants need to travel? yes. Does Home office know? yes. In fact, getting a visa is more important than travelling.
Why the only thing we can do is to wait and wait? Let's face it. Immigrants' right is at the bottom of Home office's priority list and it will always stay there. It is not going to change at any time soon.
Stay strong until it is our turn.

cy60pangmail
Newly Registered
China

Post by cy60pangmail » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:
I have one babies who I think do not need to use fingerprint. So just wondering if your children are under 5 or over 5
Children under 5 still have to enroll biometrics but it is only the digital photo.
Dear moderator:
If the baby only need to take photos, does it mean we need to use the new photo upload system instead of going to the biometrics center to enroll?

cy60pangmail
Newly Registered
China

Post by cy60pangmail » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:16 pm

cy60pangmail wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 pm
CR001 wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:
Dear moderator:
If the baby only need to take photos, does it mean we need to use the new photo upload system instead of going to the biometrics center to enroll?
My baby has never enrolled before, new born baby

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:56 pm

cy60pangmail wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:16 pm
cy60pangmail wrote:
CR001 wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:
Dear moderator:
What exactly have you applied for if the baby is newborn? This is an ILR sub forum. If you have applied for a visa, you should post in the appropriate category sub forum please.

Child will need to enroll biometric at the centre.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Most likely if children are involved including new born, the whole group will have to attend the biometrics appointment together.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ps1234

Post by ps1234 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:37 am
ps1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 am
Hi all,

We had our biometrics taken early today (applied mid-june, family with young children so no biometric re-use) in Croydon. The process was very smooth - took about 1 hour for 4 of us - no inordinate waiting times in the waiting area like in earlier T1/T2 appointments which took almost half a day.

They scanned individual pages of my current passport which had a lot of work travel so took the longest in the family. They also did quite a lot of checking the front pages and a few other random pages of our passports, placing it under a table-lamp kind of a contraction which projected 1 red dot on to the passport.

I am guessing for the folks with biometric reuse emails, they might be looking to find a way of scanning in all pages of the passport and also checking the passport/stamp authenticity - and maybe that's why this is taking long? Also for my wife, they had to take the picture three times as the system rejected it after 4-5 min of processing (even though the person thought the pics were taken fine). So am guessing that they're trying to make it all seamless. Would have been super easy if they could delegate this out to local post-offices but maybe there is some element of security checks on passport etc.

anyway, the wait begins now for the decision.
Do we need to carry any original apart from passport & BRP for SET O?
You need to carry the confirmation prints with barcodes, the checklist and your original passports (all passports) and BRPs. The checklist mentions you need all the original documents but my lawyer said they're not needed, so I didnt carry anything else. The lawyers were right - nothing else was needed

ps1234

Post by ps1234 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:16 pm

cy60pangmail wrote:
ps1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 am
Hi all,

We had our biometrics taken early today (applied mid-june, family with young children so no biometric re-use) in Croydon. The process was very smooth - took about 1 hour for 4 of us - no inordinate waiting times in the waiting area like in earlier T1/T2 appointments which took almost half a day.

They scanned individual pages of my current passport which had a lot of work travel so took the longest in the family. They also did quite a lot of checking the front pages and a few other random pages of our passports, placing it under a table-lamp kind of a contraction which projected 1 red dot on to the passport.

I am guessing for the folks with biometric reuse emails, they might be looking to find a way of scanning in all pages of the passport and also checking the passport/stamp authenticity - and maybe that's why this is taking long? Also for my wife, they had to take the picture three times as the system rejected it after 4-5 min of processing (even though the person thought the pics were taken fine). So am guessing that they're trying to make it all seamless. Would have been super easy if they could delegate this out to local post-offices but maybe there is some element of security checks on passport etc.

anyway, the wait begins now for the decision.
My child above 5 needed to give fingerprints. The other child who is below 5, just had a picture taken and no fingerprint (the person at the counter did a whole faux fingerprinting exercise because sibling rivalry meant the under-5 was upset that no fingerprints were taken :lol: )

cy60pangmail
Newly Registered
China

Post by cy60pangmail » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:56 pm
cy60pangmail wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Dear moderator:
What exactly have you applied for if the baby is newborn? This is an ILR sub forum. If you have applied for a visa, you should post in the appropriate category sub forum please.

I am applying ILR(o), I married mine wife 4 years ago, so she is pbs dependant with two babies.

ps1234

Post by ps1234 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:36 pm
CR001 wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:
Hi CR001 - I have received an email on Friday 24th July confirming that I am eligible for biometrics reuse .

I am the main applicant and have 3 dependents in the same application for Tier 2 General ( wife and two kids aged 7 and 18 months ) . We all did our T2 biometrics last year when I was in another company .

I have only ONE email addressed to me as the main applicant for biometrics reuse. I am assuming that my dependents are also a part of that process and they will not receive separate emails for each of them .

Am I correct in my assumption and should I be expecting separate Biometrics Reuse emails for each of my dependents?

1. Are you appying for a T-2 General or ILR? If for T2, please ask on the relevant sub-forum
2. Only 1 email is sent for 1 application. If your dependants are on the same application, why would you expect 4 different emails?
3. I have 3 dependants - I got only 1 email to book my appointment. It would have been pretty weird to book different appointments for different dependants in my family.
Last edited by ps1234 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:07 pm
Most likely if children are involved including new born, the whole group will have to attend the biometrics appointment together.
Last edited by ap1410 on Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:27 pm

cy60pangmail wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:

Dear moderator:

I am applying ILR(o), I married mine wife 4 years ago, so she is pbs dependant with two babies.
So what is the child applying for?? If child is not applying for a visa or ilr, then what is the issue??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:26 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Hi CR001 , CULLINAN :

I have received biometrics reuse email ( for Tier 2 General Visa ) on Friday.

We have 2 children 18 months and 7 years old. We all did our biometrics only 11 months ago, so perhaps that is why we are all eligible for biometrics reuse ?

We have received only ONE biometrics email is addressed only to me as lead applicant ( we have one UAN for the entire family ) .

Should we be expecting separate emails for all of us ?
Can you please desist from spamming the forum repetitively with the same question/post!!!!! This has been answered numerous times now. If you persist in posting this repeat question again and again, your access to the forum will be terminated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:30 pm

ps1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 pm
ap1410 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:

1. Are you appying for a T-2 General or ILR? If for T2, please ask on the relevant sub-forum
2. Only 1 email is sent for 1 application. If your dependants are on the same application, why would you expect 4 different emails?
3. I have 3 dependants - I got only 1 email to book my appointment. It would have been pretty weird to book different appointments for different dependants in my family.
Thanks mate, appreciate your diligence. I am applying for T-2 General

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:30 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:30 pm
ps1234 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 pm
ap1410 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks mate, appreciate your diligence. I am applying for T-2 General
This topic is for ilr. Please do not post here and post in the tier 2 sub forum!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm
ap1410 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:26 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Hi CR001 , CULLINAN :

I have received biometrics reuse email ( for Tier 2 General Visa ) on Friday.

We have 2 children 18 months and 7 years old. We all did our biometrics only 11 months ago, so perhaps that is why we are all eligible for biometrics reuse ?

We have received only ONE biometrics email is addressed only to me as lead applicant ( we have one UAN for the entire family ) .

Should we be expecting separate emails for all of us ?
Can you please desist from spamming the forum repetitively with the same question/post!!!!! This has been answered numerous times now. If you persist in posting this repeat question again and again, your access to the forum will be terminated.
Apologies if you found it to be repetitive, but I found no clear responses until the last one on this forum. I am clear now . Thanks for the help

cy60pangmail
Newly Registered
China

Post by cy60pangmail » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:27 pm
cy60pangmail wrote:
CR001 wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:

So what is the child applying for?? If child is not applying for a visa or ilr, then what is the issue??

Child is applying as tier 1 dependant along with my wife, while I am finishing my 5 years as tier 1 migrant, so i am now applying ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:11 pm

cy60pangmail wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:10 pm
CR001 wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Child is applying as tier 1 dependant along with my wife, while I am finishing my 5 years as tier 1 migrant, so i am now applying ILR
If the child was born in the UK, they don't need a visa and you can register the child as British once you have ilr. You should probably start your own topic with further questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cy60pangmail
Newly Registered
China

Post by cy60pangmail » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:11 pm
cy60pangmail wrote:
CR001 wrote:
cy60pangmail wrote:

If the child was born in the UK, they don't need a visa and you can register the child as British once you have ilr. You should probably start your own topic with further questions.
I want to apply visa because I need to take them back to China

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:22 pm

cy60pangmail wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:11 pm
cy60pangmail wrote:
CR001 wrote:

I want to apply visa because I need to take them back to China
Please start your own topic then in the tier 1 sub forum with your questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:55 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:44 pm
usernameswan wrote:

Apparently those Birts who applied for passports and waiting for travel have been given a choice to upgrade to priority services.
Do immigrants need to travel? yes. Does Home office know? yes. In fact, getting a visa is more important than travelling.
Why the only thing we can do is to wait and wait? Let's face it. Immigrants' right is at the bottom of Home office's priority list and it will always stay there. It is not going to change at any time soon.
I found an article complaining about the cost of biometrics appointments (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 28816.html) but no one seems to care about the thousands of people that are being unfairly treated and made to wait months because of this non-existent biometrics reuse system. I have tried to raise this issue with my solicitor and everyone I could get to but I am starting to lose hope. I heard of so many people that applied very recently and got their approval shortly after their biometrics appointment which proves that we are running behind in terms of timeline, I have no doubt the the UKVI is trying to accelerate the process and is already reviewing applications in the background but unfortunately our situation will not change until we have received a final decision on our applications.

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:46 am

Shuvotash wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:07 pm
ILRGB wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:38 pm
Thanks for sharing your update, very useful.

Did you receive the request to send documents via email a few days after uploading the documents on the UKVCAS portal?

Hi ILRGB,

I have submitted my docs around 10th of July like everyone and they asked to send further docs this week.

Let's see and hope for the best.

Cheers!
Hi Shuvotash, what documents were you asked to send? Thanks

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 am

Hi Guys,

Is there a similar discussion area topic for partner visa?
If there is may I have the link for it please

youyuanannie
United Kingdom

Post by youyuanannie » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:33 am

Parisiana wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:55 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:44 pm
usernameswan wrote:

I found an article complaining about the cost of biometrics appointments (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 28816.html) but no one seems to care about the thousands of people that are being unfairly treated and made to wait months because of this non-existent biometrics reuse system. I have tried to raise this issue with my solicitor and everyone I could get to but I am starting to lose hope. I heard of so many people that applied very recently and got their approval shortly after their biometrics appointment which proves that we are running behind in terms of timeline, I have no doubt the the UKVI is trying to accelerate the process and is already reviewing applications in the background but unfortunately our situation will not change until we have received a final decision on our applications.
Not sure if we could write to the media to express our frustration and anger? Maybe the BBC? I feel the genuine impact needs to be widely expressed and not just limit to this forum. Home Office do care about bad media coverage and collectively if we all make some noise, it may help getting the traction...