ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:55 pm

axeman85 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:52 pm
I saw a post on the June or April timeline about someone who said they got email for bi9meteic reuse and they got approval mail yesterday ... so
Both who applied in April and June have posted similar experience. That confirms UKVI is processing applications without the facial image. Plus, makes sense why facial image is not required for naturalisation applications as its not used anywhere for example a BRP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:55 pm
axeman85 wrote:
I saw a post on the June or April timeline about someone who said they got email for bi9meteic reuse and they got approval mail yesterday ... so
Both who applied in April and June have posted similar experience. That confirms UKVI is processing applications without the facial image. Plus, makes sense why facial image is not required for naturalisation applications as its not used anywhere for example a BRP.
Thank you Axeman85, I think we are referring to the same April 2020 post.
Dear CULLINAN, can you please point me towards the June post? I am unable to find it and see if it falls under the biometrics reuse category? Many thanks in advance for your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:04 pm

Parisiana wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:00 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
axeman85 wrote:
Dear CULLINAN, can you please point me towards the June post? I am unable to find it and see if it falls under the biometrics reuse category? Many thanks in advance for your help.
Apologies I got confused, the June post is about someone who applied in June attended the biometrics in July and was approved within 5 days, confirming UKVI is processing applications at pace. And the someone in April timeline posted to br approved without facial image.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

fanta
United Kingdom

Post by fanta » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:06 pm

Confidence wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:29 pm
Good news

I applied 29th April
Got email for biometric reuse 4th July
Submitted my documents on 23rd of July on ukvcas
Got decision via email today
Successful application. Just waiting for ceremony to open. Good luck everyone waiting
I find it hard to believe. There must be something we are missing in his case as no one else who is in the biometric reuse category has posted such update.

I have submitted my application on 2nd April. Non-EU, 5 years Tier 2 general + 1-year ILR. Quite straight forward case, and I doubt there is anything in my application that can delay the progress.

The only communication I have received so far is an email confirming my eligibility for biometric reuse on 3rd July. I have used the new submit to UKVI option and uploaded all the supporting documents on the UKVCAS website 2 weeks ago.

Still playing the waiting game on getting the instruction for the next steps...

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Parisiana wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:00 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
axeman85 wrote:
Apologies I got confused, the June post is about someone who applied in June attended the biometrics in July and was approved within 5 days, confirming UKVI is processing applications at pace. And the someone in April timeline posted to br approved without facial image.
Ah ok no worries! Then we are on the same page, I asked some questions to the April 2020 applicant that it would be great to clarify, especially how he/she falls under the biometrics reuse category, so far this is the only case we know about that had a decision made without facial image submission (my solicitor has never come across such a case) so it would be great to clarify the exact circumstances. Thanks again

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:11 pm

@parisiana
Not sure what you mean “how he falls under the reuse category.”
Majority fall under the reuse category and most likely no one will be asked for a facial image for naturalisation application. For naturalisation application, the photo taken at the UKVCAS is not used anywhere unlike ILR BRP’s.
Are you a BC or ILR applicant? For ILR, facial images will be required as HO needs to print BRP’s with photo on.

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:11 pm
@parisiana
Majority fall under the reuse category and most likely no one will be asked for a facial image for naturalisation application. For naturalisation application, the photo taken at the UKVCAS is not used anywhere like ILR BRP’s.
Sure, let me explain: this applicant says that he has provided biometrics last year electronically via EU settlement application; however, most people around me who obtained ILR through EU settlement scheme have never attended a UKVCAS biometrics appointment before as they did everything virtually (similar to this applicant) and therefore were now asked to attend a physical appointment as part of their citizenship application and did NOT qualify for biometrics reuse.
Let me know in case I am missing something.

fanta
United Kingdom

Post by fanta » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@parisiana
Majority fall under the reuse category and most likely no one will be asked for a facial image for naturalisation application. For naturalisation application, the photo taken at the UKVCAS is not used anywhere unlike ILR BRP’s.
Are you a BC or ILR applicant? For ILR, facial images will be required as HO needs to print BRP’s with photo on.

If no one in the reuse category has got approval but people going for biometrics have received the approvals recently in less than 2 weeks, the facial image may just be a requirement for the "identification verification process" that needs to be done for every applicant.

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:18 pm

Parisiana wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@parisiana
Majority fall under the reuse category and most likely no one will be asked for a facial image for naturalisation application. For naturalisation application, the photo taken at the UKVCAS is not used anywhere like ILR BRP’s.
Sure, let me explain: this applicant says that he has provided biometrics last year electronically via EU settlement application; however, most people around me who obtained ILR through EU settlement scheme have never attended a UKVCAS biometrics appointment before as they did everything virtually (similar to this applicant) and therefore were now asked to attend a physical appointment as part of their citizenship application and did NOT qualify for biometrics reuse.
Let me know in case I am missing something.
And to answer the rest of your questions, I am a BC applicant, as I am non-EU, I submitted my biometrics as part of my ILR application last year. Also, kindly note that my solicitor (who works in a large law firm) has said that so far he has never seen any case of BC approval or rejection without facial image submission, I will let you know in case I get an update.
I agree with you that a facial image doesn't make sense for BC applications but it seems to part of the process so far for identity verification.

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:19 pm

fanta wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@parisiana

If no one in the reuse category has got approval but people going for biometrics have received the approvals recently in less than 2 weeks, the facial image may just be a requirement for the "identification verification process" that needs to be done for every applicant.
Exactly, I got a very similar feedback from my solicitor.
Would appreciate confirmation from the April 2020 applicant on his case. And if there are any mistakes on his post, can the moderator please remove it from the thread to avoid any future confusion? Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:28 pm

@parisiana

I agree, we will have to wait and see if more members report receiving approvals after the reuse email and without the facial image submission.

However as the reuse email says:

“Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).”

Naturalisation applicants do not require a BRP and possibly the identity can be verified with the photo on the passport and the referee forms, so I am more inclined towards UKVI not needing facial image for naturalisation applicants.

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:28 pm
@parisiana

I agree, we will have to wait and see if more members report receiving approvals after the reuse email and without the facial image submission.

However as the reuse email says:

“Once this is launched, you will have to submit your facial image as part of the identification verification process so that, if leave is granted, UKVI will be able to produce your new biometric residence permit (BRP).”

Naturalisation applicants do not require a BRP and possibly the identity can be verified with the photo on the passport and the referee forms, so I am more inclined towards UKVI not needing facial image for naturalisation applicants.
Yes I agree with you and I hope this turns out to be the case. I will definitely keep you and this group updated if I hear about any confirmed decision post biometrics reuse from my side. Thanks a lot for all your help and fingers crossed for everyone in this group!

Confidence
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Confidence » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:59 pm

Parisiana wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:20 pm
Confidence wrote:
Good news

I applied 29th April
Successful application. Just waiting for ceremony to open. Good luck everyone waiting
Dear Confidence, first of all, congratulations for your approval and thanks for posting the update, this is extremely helpful.
I read your post in the April 2020 naturalisation timeline and wanted to ask you a couple of questions to please help us clarify the UKVI treatment of similar applications. I understand that you are Nigerian but obtained ILR through the EU settlement scheme, can you please confirm if you hold any other nationality? In addition, you indicated in your post that you provided your biometrics last year via the EU settlement app, does this mean that you did not attend any UKVCAS physical biometrics appointment post 2015? Do you know how you became eligible for biometrics reuse?
Many thanks in advance for your help

Most moderator knows me here by the name osafidence between late 2017 and mid 2019 on EEA route, that account has been password locked.

I'm still puzzled that I had to call and double check the email.

2017 biometric once at post office EEA PR
2018 biometric twice at post office EEA PR
2019 biometric once at ukvcas EU settled status

This is not the first time am getting a surprised application for good decision.

2018 I had no leave I applied for my child BC and was granted..... I fought with Nationality law and EU law ... the moderator can regenerate that post 2018 and I go by the name osafidence.

Just positivity and prayer...... this forum moderators were my solicitor...... the other solicitors milked me.

Great things happen while you live people with how possible. Peace 🙏

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:08 pm

Hello,
I have uploaded and submitted the documents on UKVCAs.
I wiuld like to add 1 missing document - I have uploaded it but the submit button is gone ? Anyone with the same situation ? Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:14 pm

null1639 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:08 pm
Hello,
I have uploaded and submitted the documents on UKVCAs.
I wiuld like to add 1 missing document - I have uploaded it but the submit button is gone ? Anyone with the same situation ? Thank you.
You can upload but can not submit now. You have to wait to attend the biometrics where you can add more documents. If chosen for biometrics reuse, you may consider to email HO.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:21 pm

@confidence

Reading your history as “osafidence”, given you had a complicated story and some moderators and others suggested you may take longer to be accepted, it turned out the opposite. You are approved that too so quick and without facial image. God is great 😀

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:23 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:21 pm
@confidence

Reading your history as “osafidence”, given you had a complicated story and many moderators suggested you may take longer to be accepted, it turned out the opposite. You are approved that too so quick and without facial image. God is great 😀
Inspiring story! Thanks for your response and all the best for the rest of the process :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:27 pm

@confidence aka “osifidence” history:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1778242

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:27 pm
@confidence aka “osifidence” history:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1778242
@CULLINAN
@fanta
I really hope they also review our applications without facial image submission even if we didn't go through the EU route. But I really doubt it... :(

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:14 pm
heyaheya wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:06 pm
Confidence wrote:
Good news

I applied 29th April
hello,
i applied on 4th May2020 and received email on 4th July 2020. you said u submitted documents. where do u submit documents on Ukvcas, i login in UKVCAS ----upload documents but it doesn't give me option to submit. plus i need to ask one more question what documents you uploaded for naturalization.

1. passports for all 10 years
2. Ilr Brp
3.life in Uk
4. Degree Masters
5. Reference (How would upload that and where and how about passport photo) or just the reference without photo. it will be much appreciated. many thanks.
The photo is suppose to be glued to the page that the referees physically sign by hand!!

This topic is also ONLY for biometric questions, not for general questions and supporting documents regarding your application. Continue in your existing topic you have plrasr for all your questions not related specifically to the biometric appointment delays, which this topic is for.
sorry for that. @cr001 thanku very much your reply and sorry again, so i received email for biometric reuse by where there is documents upload stuff i dun have any submit thing .why is that. do we get submit thing when we upload all document or hows it.,? please guys if you can tell me about this. many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:30 pm

@heyaheya

Go to document upload page and at the end you should see submit documents option.
If you do not see, try uploading all your documents, log out and log back in and see if the option appears. Someone I know did not see the option right away but only saw once all documents were uploaded.

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 am

Can any one confirm following

After email to use existing finger prints and await about photo , do you get a email to submit documents already uploaded or what.

This is extremely confusing, as I do not see any option to submit the documents , I am only able to upload ? people who have submitted documents got an email or what .

please note uploading and submitted are not the same

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:24 am

I was selected for biometric reuse and one day about 2/3 weeks ago I saw discussion going on here about submitting documents so I went to the UKVCAS account and submitted my documents there.

I ***didn’t*** receive any email saying that I should submit my documents or anything like that. One fine day, the button just magically appeared I submitted my documents like many others here. Since then I haven’t received any email from UKVI/UKVCAS the only email I received from them was reuse of biometric and nothing else after that.

I applied in early April.

Hope it was helpful.

I would say don’t worry if you are not seeing that submit button. UKVI/UKVCAS got a lot to sort out from there end. I would say call UKVCAS and find out if they have got anything to say on that. Usually all they say is “we don’t know, just wait”

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:56 am

teddybear79 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 am

After email to use existing finger prints and await about photo , do you get a email to submit documents already uploaded or what.

This is extremely confusing, as I do not see any option to submit the documents , I am only able to upload ? people who have submitted documents got an email or what .

When did you apply? You should see a submit button if you go to “document upload” via UKVCAS account, right at the bottom.

Someone I know, did not initially see the submit button when he paid and submitted application online via UKVI. Once he uploaded all his documents he could see it then. But he uploaded after 7-10 days. So its still unclear if the submit button appears after you upload all documents OR after 7-10 days of submission.

I applied on 22nd June and uploaded all my documents the same day. On 10th July, the submit button was rolled out the first time and I could see it so I submitted my documents.

You do not get any email confirmation after that. The screen only says “documents successfully submitted.....” and if you check your documents after, it says “submitted” in front of all of the documents. You can not remove them then. Note, you only get the option to submit ONCE.

Conclusion: Either upload all your documents, log off and log in again OR check after 7-10 days of submission. The submit button is linked to either one of the theory above.

Note: No official announcement was made about this new feature surprisingly. Members figured it on their own and posted here. So everyone knew about this new feature by the word of mouth.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:08 am

teddybear79 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 am

Btw how did you apply for naturalisation as your ILR was just approved on 24/1/2020 and apparently your partner is not British also??