ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by atao » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 am

Believe me it's not only limited to this forum, people are complaining over Twitter as well newsreporters etc. and noone holds no shame to respond to anyone from UKVCAS and UKVI end. We all understand that things are not "normal" so we don't expect quick turnarounds however a basic business today can predict their customer base and service timelines - simple data science. With them, they don't even have to predict anything, they know how many applicants caused backlog and how long it will take them to turn them around with limited capacity, but they don't want to publish any information - no idea what the reason would be. I have to say good bye to my dream job this week becuase they don't want to hangaround in uncertainty waiting for me to get my ILR and they don't sponsor visas either. I feel really sorry for people who are not able to see their newborns or sick relatives. We are all affected by this one way or another and now I cannot focus on anything but keep refreshing all the pages all day long. Good luck everyone.

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:55 am

youyuanannie wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:33 am
Parisiana wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:55 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:44 pm
usernameswan wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:55 pm
If you are working in an established company with good reputation and promised to deliver something important to your clients with a vague deadline (eg a few weeks), you are lucky if you can get this idea pass through the management team and wouldn't get complained by your clients. You will be extremly lucky to not get a warning (or get fired) if you then disappeared and never contacted your clients ever, and no matter who asked, you can simply say be patient and wait.

But I guess we are talking about the government service here, so they would be 'different', wouldn't they?? We should tolerate and be patient about whatever treatment we receive, including the increasing fee on visa application, the failure of the IT system (in 21 century), and 'hard to get through' helpline.

When receiving the re use email in the first instance, most people felt that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, now we realised we've just been too naive.

Some people are very lucky but for those who are experiencing difficulties in their life and work, this issue has taken quantifiable emotional toll on them. Sincerely hope this can be resolved asap
Apparently those Birts who applied for passports and waiting for travel have been given a choice to upgrade to priority services.
Do immigrants need to travel? yes. Does Home office know? yes. In fact, getting a visa is more important than travelling.
Why the only thing we can do is to wait and wait? Let's face it. Immigrants' right is at the bottom of Home office's priority list and it will always stay there. It is not going to change at any time soon.
Stay strong until it is our turn.
I found an article complaining about the cost of biometrics appointments (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 28816.html) but no one seems to care about the thousands of people that are being unfairly treated and made to wait months because of this non-existent biometrics reuse system. I have tried to raise this issue with my solicitor and everyone I could get to but I am starting to lose hope. I heard of so many people that applied very recently and got their approval shortly after their biometrics appointment which proves that we are running behind in terms of timeline, I have no doubt the the UKVI is trying to accelerate the process and is already reviewing applications in the background but unfortunately our situation will not change until we have received a final decision on our applications.
Not sure if we could write to the media to express our frustration and anger? Maybe the BBC? I feel the genuine impact needs to be widely expressed and not just limit to this forum. Home Office do care about bad media coverage and collectively if we all make some noise, it may help getting the traction...
I imagine thousands of people daily calling and emailing UKVI/Home Office and UKVCAS about this re-use issue...but maybe you are right!

Parisiana
United Kingdom

Post by Parisiana » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:57 am

atao wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 am
Believe me it's not only limited to this forum, people are complaining over Twitter as well newsreporters etc. and noone holds no shame to respond to anyone from UKVCAS and UKVI end. We all understand that things are not "normal" so we don't expect quick turnarounds however a basic business today can predict their customer base and service timelines - simple data science. With them, they don't even have to predict anything, they know how many applicants caused backlog and how long it will take them to turn them around with limited capacity, but they don't want to publish any information - no idea what the reason would be. I have to say good bye to my dream job this week becuase they don't want to hangaround in uncertainty waiting for me to get my ILR and they don't sponsor visas either. I feel really sorry for people who are not able to see their newborns or sick relatives. We are all affected by this one way or another and now I cannot focus on anything but keep refreshing all the pages all day long. Good luck everyone.
It's been almost a month now since the biometrics reuse was introduced and they are still not making any progress...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ts#history

2 July 2020
Updated process on biometric information

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:15 am

atao wrote:
When did you apply for your ILR? Are you in the re-use camp? Can you ask them to extend until September/October? I'm in the same boat as you - I have had my dream job waiting for me since April! I told them last month that I am unsure of when I'd get my ILR and told them to give me until October . I honestly believe by the end of August, most people waiting would have had a decision.

Don't be afraid to plead! Tell them you'll read & prep on the side before starting so you'll be able to hit the ground running. Anyway, I'd say don't send a defeatist email/message. You're still very keen and you're a victim of circumstances beyond your control. Any good workplace that offered you a job in the first place should be able to wait for you.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:40 am

Parisiana wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:57 am
atao wrote:
It's been almost a month now since the biometrics reuse was introduced and they are still not making any progress...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ts#history

2 July 2020
Updated process on biometric information
One would assume UKVI to announce "something" on or before 31st July 2020 because the current status is for the period as per the below. But as we all know "Few weeks" could mean anything from more than 1 week to several weeks which is not limited to 26 weeks (6 months) or 52 weeks (1 year) or more even though these could mean months or more. This is at UKVI's discretion and they are not committing to any turnaround time.

"If you’re in the UK and your leave expired between 24 January 2020 and 31 July 2020".

If you had a visa that expired between 24 January 2020 and 31 July 2020 you were able to request an extension if you were not able to return home because of travel restrictions or self-isolation related to coronavirus (COVID-19).

Now travel restrictions are lifting globally you will no longer be able to extend your visa automatically on this basis and you are expected to take all reasonable steps to leave the UK where it is possible to do so or apply to regularise your stay in the UK.

If you decide to leave the UK
To allow time to make the necessary arrangements to leave the UK, if you have a visa or leave that was due to expire between the 24 January 2020 and 31 July 2020, you will be given an extra month’s grace period within the UK to 31 August 2020.

During the grace period the conditions of your stay in the UK will be the same as the conditions of your leave. So, if your conditions allowed you to work, study or rent accommodation you may continue to do so during August 2020 ahead of your departure.

You do not need to contact the Home Office to tell us you are able to leave the UK during the grace period up until the 31 August.

If you intend to leave the UK but are not able to do so by 31 August 2020, you may request additional time to stay, also known as ‘exceptional indemnity’, by contacting the coronavirus immigration team (CIT).

The indemnity does not grant you leave but will act as a short-term protection against any adverse action or consequences after your leave has expired.

The Coronavirus Immigration Team will provide you with further advice on what you need to do to request an indemnity. This will include providing details of the reason why you are unable to leave the UK and supporting evidence, for example, a confirmed flight ticket with a date after 31 August or confirmation of a positive coronavirus test result.

If you intend to stay in the UK
If you decide to stay in the UK, you should apply for the necessary leave to remain in the UK. You will also be able to submit an application form from within the UK where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You will need to meet the requirements of the route you’re applying for and pay the UK application fee. This includes those whose leave has already been extended to 31 July 2020 and the grace period until 31 August 2020.

The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided. If you are switching into work or study routes you may be able to commence work or study whilst your application is under consideration .
""

jerrysk8
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerrysk8 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:09 am

My work has just told me that I am going to be made redundant so now I'm sweating bullets. I emailed and called UKVCAS about what's going on with my application and biometric re-use progress and they just told me the same info as what was in the email they sent start of July and that they will have more info in the next few weeks. I applied April 27 and this whole process is actually stressing me out hard.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:15 am

jerrysk8 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:09 am
My work has just told me that I am going to be made redundant so now I'm sweating bullets. I emailed and called UKVCAS about what's going on with my application and biometric re-use progress and they just told me the same info as what was in the email they sent start of July and that they will have more info in the next few weeks. I applied April 27 and this whole process is actually stressing me out hard.
Hi Jerry,

If you qualify at the date of application then do not need to stress. Start looking for interim roles if you are in urgency of finding roles.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:21 am

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:15 am
jerrysk8 wrote:
Hi Jerry,

If you qualify at the date of application then do not need to stress. Start looking for interim roles if you are in urgency of finding roles.
I dont think this is correct. How long is your notice period? I think technically, unless they reach out to your firm to verify your employment, you might be all right. Likely that they've already done this if W&S Contingency team has processed your application. Have they done this?

I dont think your firm has to inform HO of your redundancy until you've left the firm - which means you might have more time than you think.

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:22 am

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
jerrysk8 wrote:
Hi Jerry,

Hi abhardwaj1390

Are you sure about this? I mean I cannot find on any official website anything about such situations.
I am in a similar position - applied 1 April, set O, and soon will be made redundant. For the date of my application, I was 100% eligible in accordance with all parameters. Actually, I am so worried, I am planning to obtain immigration solicitor advice...

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:26 am

DianaK91 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:22 am
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
jerrysk8 wrote:
Hi Jerry,

Hi abhardwaj1390

Are you sure about this? I mean I cannot find on any official website anything about such situations.
I am in a similar position - applied 1 April, set O, and soon will be made redundant. For the date of my application, I was 100% eligible in accordance with all parameters. Actually, I am so worried, I am planning to obtain immigration solicitor advice...
To my knowledge all immigration applications subject to AT the date of application. Hence, its a matter of judgement. I can not advise on legal matters. Please seek professional opinion if deemed necessary.

Hope this clears the air.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 am

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:26 am
DianaK91 wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
jerrysk8 wrote:
Hi Jerry,

Hi abhardwaj1390

To my knowledge all immigration applications subject to AT the date of application. Hence, its a matter of judgement. I can not advise on legal matters. Please seek professional opinion if deemed necessary.

My understanding is that You need to be eligible at the time of the decision which is when the application is reviewed and decided.

jerrysk8
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jerrysk8 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:30 am

How do I find out if the W&S C team have progressed my application? I emailed my supporting documents as requested 22 May. Sent a follow up email 22 July to no response.

I have a months notice period. Will also try and use my holidays since I haven't used any this year.

My whole life is in this country now. I haven't even thought about if I had to pack up and leave.

AnILRApplicant
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by AnILRApplicant » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:36 am

jerrysk8 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:30 am
How do I find out if the W&S C team have progressed my application? I emailed my supporting documents as requested 22 May. Sent a follow up email 22 July to no response.

I have a months notice period. Will also try and use my holidays since I haven't used any this year.

My whole life is in this country now. I haven't even thought about if I had to pack up and leave.
I think that since they've emailed you for your documents, there's a good chance they've done all their verifications. Really sorry you have to go through this! I don't think you can find out - you'll just have to wait.

DianaK91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DianaK91 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:37 am

gag285 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:27 am
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:26 am
DianaK91 wrote:
abhardwaj1390 wrote:

Hi Jerry,

Hi abhardwaj1390

My understanding is that You need to be eligible at the time of the decision which is when the application is reviewed and decided.
Sounds reasonable, but they do not give us choice - by putting into the biometric re-use group and calling it acceleration, these are exceptional circumstances, if it was not for corona and lockdown, there would not be redundancy and delays in applications process...

atao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by atao » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:46 am

AnILRApplicant wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:15 am
atao wrote:
When did you apply for your ILR? Are you in the re-use camp? Can you ask them to extend until September/October? I'm in the same boat as you - I have had my dream job waiting for me since April! I told them last month that I am unsure of when I'd get my ILR and told them to give me until October . I honestly believe by the end of August, most people waiting would have had a decision.

Don't be afraid to plead! Tell them you'll read & prep on the side before starting so you'll be able to hit the ground running. Anyway, I'd say don't send a defeatist email/message. You're still very keen and you're a victim of circumstances beyond your control. Any good workplace that offered you a job in the first place should be able to wait for you.
I have become eligible in late Jun but advised to wait (by the prospective employer) for Super Priorty to reopen so that we could sort things out quikcer - now I see how naive they were. Thank you very much for your best wishes and I really hope things work out well for you. It's very heartbraking when you think all your hardwork, effort and patience will pay off soon but then you realize you are stuck on the final hurdle - which meant to be the easisest. I wish all the best for people who stuck in this limbo.

ssm026
Newly Registered
India

Post by ssm026 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi Everyone ,

Here is the latest guidance from UKVI, still no committed timeline for application under biometric Re-use category keeping everyone hanging. Though the "Few weeks" is gone now so hopefully we can expect something before 15th Aug - Just speculating.

"If you’ve given your fingerprints before
If UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given, you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents.

This will mean you do not have to attend a UKVCAS or an SSC service point appointment to provide biometric information.

If you cannot send the information through the instructions given, you’ll be able to book an appointment"

You can find the complete update on below link.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Thanks,

BloodofGod123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by BloodofGod123 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:30 pm

ssm026 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:20 pm
Hi Everyone ,

Here is the latest guidance from UKVI, still no committed timeline for application under biometric Re-use category keeping everyone hanging. Though the "Few weeks" is gone now so hopefully we can expect something before 15th Aug - Just speculating.

If UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can reuse the fingerprints you’ve already given, you’ll be emailed with instructions on how to send them an image of your face and your supporting documents.

This will mean you do not have to attend a UKVCAS or an SSC service point appointment to provide biometric information.

If you cannot send the information through the instructions given, you’ll be able to book an appointment"

Thanks,
Thanks for the update. Someone on this thread did recently mention that their company had got wind from a Home Office official that the new facial image biometric system is launching first week in August. Fingers crossed it actually does. Also hoping they had made interim decisions this whole time.

I submitted online last night, uploaded and submitted docs to UKVI via UKVAS online, will post updates on here regarding application progress.

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:42 pm

That is the update from July 2. There hasn't been an update regarding biometric reuse since then.
ssm026 wrote:
Hi Everyone ,

Thanks,

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:52 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:42 pm
That is the update from July 2. There hasn't been an update regarding biometric reuse since then.
ssm026 wrote:
Hi Everyone ,

Thanks,
Exactly. Today's update is not related to biometric reuse.

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:05 pm

A journalist published an article regarding biometric reuse and visa gridlock. It is now on the mainpage.

I invite everybody to share it widely:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 36531.html

And here is the link to the tweet:
social medial link removed by moderator

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:36 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:05 pm
A journalist published an article regarding biometric reuse and visa gridlock. It is now on the mainpage.

Please tweet this and ask your friends to retweet as well.
We need to make some noise together or we will wait forever

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:42 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:05 pm

This is great, can feel that there is now some proper downward pressure being put on the government.

dsharma7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by dsharma7 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:08 pm

I would advise everyone to retweet xxxxxx (the author of the article) post on Twitter so that her article goes viral.

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:53 pm

Can you please not remove the link to the tweet? It is important that we retweet the same tweet for the cause. It has nothing to do with advertising, social media whatsoever.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:15 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:53 pm
Can you please not remove the link to the tweet? It is important that we retweet the same tweet for the cause. It has nothing to do with advertising, social media whatsoever.
Point 2 in the forum T&Cs!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... ns-t3.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.