ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maximum Validity of Tier -1 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijaymaghnani

Maximum Validity of Tier -1 Visa

Post by vijaymaghnani » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:46 am

Can any one please let me know WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM VALIDITY OF TIER-1 VISA.

I mean if i get my application approved then in how much maximum time i have to land in UK.

VIJAY KUMAR

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:57 am

You can enter UK any day between the visa issue date and the visa expiry date.

And, try not to shout!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

grant1
Member of Standing

Re: Maximum Validity of Tier -1 Visa

Post by grant1 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:37 am

If you meant whts the max. length of period it will be granted till?, thats 3 years.
vijaymaghnani wrote:Can any one please let me know WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM VALIDITY OF TIER-1 VISA.

VIJAY KUMAR

vijaymaghnani

Post by vijaymaghnani » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:43 am

It means Once i get Tier-1 approved, i can move within 3 year...

Are you sure?..

VIJAY KUMAR

Nalfa
Newly Registered

Post by Nalfa » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:13 am

vijaymaghnani wrote:It means Once i get Tier-1 approved, i can move within 3 year...

Are you sure?..

VIJAY KUMAR
It means you must vacaate UK when it expires unless you get another visa.

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Post by nishantchawla » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:32 am

Had read some where, not sure where. Once I get the visa, i'll have to fly to UK in 3 months time. Can someone clarify please.

kiladik

Post dated Visa

Post by kiladik » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:11 am

Hi ,

I applied for Tier1 visa under Transitional arrangements today. But the problem was I have given the travelling date as Jan 3rd 2009 and asked for 3 months post dated Visa. The VFS officer said that now they are not giving any Post dated Visas and the passport will be stamped based on the travelling date. Also the travelling date should be within 3 months of application. I dont know what is going to happen as my travelling date is more than 3 months now. Also I have boked the hotel on Jan 3rd 09.

Can someone give clarification when the rules has changed about post dated visa and is it right that we need to give the travel date within 3 months?

Best Regards
KK

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Post dated Visa

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:30 am

kiladik wrote:Hi ,

I applied for Tier1 visa under Transitional arrangements today. But the problem was I have given the travelling date as Jan 3rd 2009 and asked for 3 months post dated Visa.

KK
3 months? Jan 2009 is still more than 4 months aways from today. What are you talking about?

Read 1.3

kiladik

Post dated EC

Post by kiladik » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, The travel date I entered in application is Jan 3rd 2009 and its more than 4 months. The reason I have given as Jan 3rd is I have asked for 3 months post dated visa.

Now the VFS officer says they are not giving any post dated visas and the travelling date entered in application should be within 3 months from application. Is that right?

Best Regards
KK

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Post dated EC

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:39 am

Did you read the link I gave?

kiladik

post dated visa

Post by kiladik » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi,

I have read the doc. It says post dated visa can be given for 3 months from the date EC has been authorised. So If my Visa is authorised on sept 15th then the post dated visa will be effective from Dec 15th and I have planned to travel on Jan 3rd ie., after 18 days after the visa effective date begins.

But VFS guy says if I intended to travel on Jan 3rd then I have to submit my application after October 3rd(within 3 months of travel date).

Regards
KK

1.3 - Validity of entry clearance and leave to enter [Updated 17 July 2008]
The validity of entry clearance and leave to enter are normally the same. There are two significant dates on the entry clearance, the 'effective' date and the 'expiry' date. In most cases, the 'effective' date will be the date on which the entry clearance is issued. However, some applicants may not intend or be able to travel to the UK immediately following their application and Entry Clearance Officers have discretion to defer the 'effective' date for up to three months after entry clearance has been authorised. Therefore, to prevent unnecessary applications for an extension of stay, Entry Clearance Officers should confirm an applicant’s date of travel. For applicants in long-term categories who are subject to either a qualifying period before applying for settlement, or to a limit on their total length of stay in that category (i.e. work permit holder and their dependants, UK ancestry, au pairs, and working holidaymakers), leave to enter should begin on the date they arrive in the UK (within the three month limit). This will ensure that the maximum leave to which they are entitled is given. Similarly, an Immigration Officer has authority to vary or extend leave where permitted, on arrival in the UK.

The 'expiry' date reflects the date on which the entry clearance and leave to enter are no longer effective. After this date the entry clearance will not be valid for travel to the UK, nor will it confer leave to enter.

h_s_m_p

Post by h_s_m_p » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:49 pm

I got a post dated visa with the gap of 45 days. I had provided a valid proof for the post dated visa request. if you have a valid proof for your request you will get post dated visa but not more than 3 months from the application period.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:41 pm

If one wants a post-dated visa to be issued, one has to request for it specifically. Just enetring an intended trave date doesn't necessarily warrant issue of a post-dated visa automatically.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kiladik

visa

Post by kiladik » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Iam not concerned whether I get post dated visa or not what I want is whether the Visa officer will consider my application as my application submission date and travel date(as written in application form) is more than 4 months.

The VFS guy said the travel date entered should not be more than 3 months from date of Application. Is that right?

Best Regards
KK

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:18 pm

They will / should consider your application, shouldn't reject.

UKSeeker123
Newly Registered

Post by UKSeeker123 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:18 am

Dear Forum members who have got their Tier 1 recently in July or Aug 2008,

Can someone please confirm whether we need to travel to UK within 3 or 6 months of getting Tier 1 Visa, or can the person travel anytime in the whole 3 year period of Tier 1 validity?

I am asking because in case of UK Work Permit (UK) Visa which is valid for 2 years and is usually filed by an employer/company for the person, the Visa expires if not used within 6 months! I am sure of this for Work Permit visa as it has happened with my fellow colleagues, but am not sure if this is applicable for Tier 1 Visa also.

Has anyone confirmed this by calling BHC in India?

There is a similar thread available here, but no confirmations available there as well:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 899#186899

Forum gurus, please advise :)

Thanks
UKSeeker123

nishantchawla wrote:Had read some where, not sure where. Once I get the visa, i'll have to fly to UK in 3 months time. Can someone clarify please.