ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Entry Clearance / EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

family-coon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Finland

UK Entry Clearance / EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Post by family-coon » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi,

We’re looking for some advice related to a UK Entry Clearance on an EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit.

I am a citizen of Finland and my husband is a citizen of India. He holds a permanent residence permit of Finland. I have the EU Settlement Scheme pre-settled status (Limited Leave in the United Kingdom). My husband has a UK Entry Clearance, “D-EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit to Acc”, which expires in August 2020.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are both in Finland now, and my husband has not been able to travel to the UK with his permit. Since his permit expires next month, and we want to apply for the pre-settled status for him as well, he probably has to travel to the UK before the expiry. We couldn’t find any clear answers to whether he can travel to the UK without me or not? He hasn’t been to the UK before, and he does not have a biometric residence card of the UK. I won’t be able to accompany him at the moment.

We have been calling to different helplines regarding this. We learned that when applying for the pre-settled status, my husband needs to be in the UK and attend an appointment where he has to give his biometric details.

Ibrahim122
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: UK Entry Clearance / EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Post by Ibrahim122 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:47 am

You have to enter UK with him. It is a major requirement that for EUSS/EEA family permit to either join an eu citizen who is already in the UK or travel with them.

He will not be admitted entry to the country without you

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Entry Clearance / EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:47 am

The problem is that yourself, as a sponsor, don't even live in the UK.

You are trying to get him into the UK while not keen to go there yourself. The EU Settlement Scheme is nearly a free for all route. Possibly 1 or 2 billion people in the world qualify under this scheme at the moment (all EEA citizen, all of their close family, their partners, all of the close family of their partners, anyone else who can prove ties/dependency to the EEA or partner). But I didn't hear about any EEA citizen who managed to send non-EEA citizens to the UK without even living there.

You need to move to the UK yourself if you both are serious about establishing yourself there.