ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mecry2020
United Kingdom

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Mecry2020 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:47 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:25 pm
Mecry2020 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:45 pm
Hi Snooky,

I am just seeing my refusal email today, it went to my junk mail.
the reason was that I am currently on ltr till next year and I would like to do AR but only got 3days.
Please can you guide me through AR, am not giving up without a fight!

Thanks
Oh nooooo, it’s been in there for weeks. Please be strong and don’t give up.
Thanks Lulubaby, I won't give up!

Battle continues and victory is sure.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:53 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:46 pm
Mecry2020 wrote:
Hi Snooky,

the reason was that I am currently on ltr till next year and I would like to do AR but only got 3days.

Thanks

Hi

Do request for new EU Settlement Scheme Zambrano dr form from the settlement scheme. Dont fo AR. Waste of money unless you want to do JR after AR is also refused

But if you wanna proceed to AR then there is a cover letter on the board already with all what you need
https://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-r ... 3-420.html

Onomskky
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onomskky » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:38 pm

Mecry2020 wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Thanks
@Mecry sorry to hear and don’t give up. Continue the fight as HO is hell bent on frustrating Zambrano applicants for money gains. They now have a special team dealing with paper application and they are dishing out the refusals like Santa Claus. Can I ask when you made your application and where you asked to provide additional evidence?

shay007
United Kingdom

Post by shay007 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm

Onomskky wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:38 pm
Mecry2020 wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Thanks
@Mecry sorry to hear and don’t give up. Continue the fight as HO is hell bent on frustrating Zambrano applicants for money gains. They now have a special team dealing with paper application and they are dishing out the refusals like Santa Claus. Can I ask when you made your application and where you asked to provide additional evidence?
Hello,
Are they just ‘dishing’ out refusal letters to applicants with visas already or just in general? Thanks

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:25 pm

shay007 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm
Onomskky wrote:
Mecry2020 wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Thanks
Hello,
Are they just ‘dishing’ out refusal letters to applicants with visas already or just in general? Thanks

Yes yes yes, HO is refusing both Zambrano EEA and Zambrano euss. Those on Zambrano EEA will always win at the courts but those within euss Zambrano still has a long way because no Zambrano euss has gone to court and HO is refusing cases before 30 of January 2020

Onomskky
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Onomskky » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:33 pm

shay007 wrote:
Onomskky wrote:
Mecry2020 wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Thanks
Hello,
@Shay007 HO have refused Zambrano applications with expired LTR even with members on the forum. The number of people refused post-Brexit immigration status under the EU settlement scheme has surged by 700 per cent in a month. Data published by the Home Office shows that 1,400 applicants were refused settled status in June, compared with 200 in May. The HO have recently stopped breaking down the percentage of refusal stating it makes collating of the monthly stats quicker and they have refused a FOI request to provide stats on Zambrano applications.

The HO is hiding under the disguise that refusal decision is couched in terms that, the Appellants having been granted leave to remain under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules previously, and there being no change in their circumstances, were required to apply under the said Rules/ Article 8 Human Rights and that “… a derivative right to reside is a right of last resort which only applies if a person has no other means to remain lawfully in the UK”. It’s interesting to note that there was nothing contained within the EEA Regulations which stipulates/requires that an applicant must exhaust all other means to remain lawfully in the United Kingdom under “domestic immigration law”.

Paper application caseworkers are relying on Home Office Policy Guidance “Free Movement; Derivative Rights of Residence, Version 5.0, 2nd May 2019, which appears to be based upon the Court of Appeal decision in Patel v SSHD [2017] EWCA Civ 2028, which in turn appears to have been recently considered by the Supreme Court in Patel v Secretary of State for the Home Department UKSC59(16 December 2019).

I have twice been asked to provide evidence but tbh with you, I have zero confidence in the system atm.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:48 am

Onomskky wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:33 pm
shay007 wrote:
Onomskky wrote:
Mecry2020 wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Thanks
Hello,
@Shay007 HO have refused Zambrano applications with expired LTR even with members on the forum. The number of people refused post-Brexit immigration status under the EU settlement scheme has surged by 700 per cent in a month. Data published by the Home Office shows that 1,400 applicants were refused settled status in June, compared with 200 in May. The HO have recently stopped breaking down the percentage of refusal stating it makes collating of the monthly stats quicker and they have refused a FOI request to provide stats on Zambrano applications.

The HO is hiding under the disguise that refusal decision is couched in terms that, the Appellants having been granted leave to remain under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules previously, and there being no change in their circumstances, were required to apply under the said Rules/ Article 8 Human Rights and that “… a derivative right to reside is a right of last resort which only applies if a person has no other means to remain lawfully in the UK”. It’s interesting to note that there was nothing contained within the EEA Regulations which stipulates/requires that an applicant must exhaust all other means to remain lawfully in the United Kingdom under “domestic immigration law”.

Paper application caseworkers are relying on Home Office Policy Guidance “Free Movement; Derivative Rights of Residence, Version 5.0, 2nd May 2019, which appears to be based upon the Court of Appeal decision in Patel v SSHD [2017] EWCA Civ 2028, which in turn appears to have been recently considered by the Supreme Court in Patel v Secretary of State for the Home Department UKSC59(16 December 2019).

I have twice been asked to provide evidence but tbh with you, I have zero confidence in the system atm.
HO is just backwards and untruthful government executive arm.

What you have written is the truth about the advice guidance. The 2017 Patel is obsolete as Supreme court 16 December 2019 issued a final ruling. Home Office have refused to take it down. Subsequently FTT courts have found that policy both in January is illegal and out of touch but nothing has been done. Unless a Judge issues a contempt case against them before the right thing could be done. The only way for Zambrano euss applicants is to go for JR after AR refused. But with Zambrano eea, the courts will allow all appeals. HO once again playing catch me if you can game here. They have refused to do cases which went in after 31 January 2020 because refusal will and up in court and open the floodgate Zambrano applicants

bwunmi
United Kingdom

Post by bwunmi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:36 am

Good morning @Snooky.
Just a quick question please. Does a self employed person quality as a worker in Ibrahim/Teixeira carer case please? Thanks

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:54 am

bwunmi wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:36 am
Good morning @Snooky.
Just a quick question please. Does a self employed person quality as a worker in Ibrahim/Teixeira carer case please? Thanks
Yes, in as much as the child is in education or was in education

Ibrahim and Teixeira cases involve either the child of an EEA national worker/former worker where that child is in education in the UK or the primary carer of a child of an EEA national worker/former worker where that child is in education in the UK, and where requiring the primary carer to leave the UK would prevent the child from continuing their education in the UK.

The child must have lived in the UK when the EEA national was a worker in the UK – the child does not necessarily have had to be in education while the EEA parent was a worker. The ‘child’ does not have to be a minor – derivative rights in Ibrahim and Teixeira cases continue for as long as the child or young person is in full-time education. These rights can also apply to children who are separated from their parents.

Education does not include nursery education but can include education received before compulsory school age – where a child has entered into the reception class.

Mecry2020
United Kingdom

Post by Mecry2020 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:20 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:53 pm
snooky wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:46 pm
Mecry2020 wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Thanks

Hi

Do request for new EU Settlement Scheme Zambrano dr form from the settlement scheme. Dont fo AR. Waste of money unless you want to do JR after AR is also refused

But if you wanna proceed to AR then there is a cover letter on the board already with all what you need
https://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-r ... 3-420.html
Thanks Snooky,
I agree with you, I want to send the drf 1 application first then I will re apply.

Much appreciated.

Mecry2020
United Kingdom

Post by Mecry2020 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:30 pm

Onomskky wrote:
Mecry2020 wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Thanks
Thanks,
I applied June 19 and they never asked for additional evidence.

The email stated that the decision was based on the electronic documents because they are working from home and my documents will be return when the office resumes.
I called the EU call centre the decision was not on the system since July 3th that HO sent the email.

Mecry2020
United Kingdom

Post by Mecry2020 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:32 pm

shay007 wrote:
Onomskky wrote:
Mecry2020 wrote:
Hi Snooky,

Thanks
Hello,
That's what it looks like.

bwunmi
United Kingdom

Post by bwunmi » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:25 am

snooky wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:54 am
bwunmi wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:36 am
Good morning @Snooky.
Yes, in as much as the child is in education or was in education

Ibrahim and Teixeira cases involve either the child of an EEA national worker/former worker where that child is in education in the UK or the primary carer of a child of an EEA national worker/former worker where that child is in education in the UK, and where requiring the primary carer to leave the UK would prevent the child from continuing their education in the UK.

The child must have lived in the UK when the EEA national was a worker in the UK – the child does not necessarily have had to be in education while the EEA parent was a worker. The ‘child’ does not have to be a minor – derivative rights in Ibrahim and Teixeira cases continue for as long as the child or young person is in full-time education. These rights can also apply to children who are separated from their parents.

Education does not include nursery education but can include education received before compulsory school age – where a child has entered into the reception class.
Thank you @Snooky. I really appreciate your help.

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:49 pm

my Zambrano people is a bad news from me

Have been refused ; I was told to apply for leave to remain that it will succeed.

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:49 pm

Have been refused ; I was told to apply for leave to remain that it will succeed.

Ohh No this is not at all. Take heart Prettymum, i hope you were given appeal rights so you can appeal that decision. All the best

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:08 pm

netqueen wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:00 pm
Prettymum wrote:

Ohh No this is not at all. Take heart Prettymum, i hope you were given appeal rights so you can appeal that decision. All the best
I was given Administrative Review 28 days

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:16 pm

Prettymum wrote:

Hi sorry ro hear about that.
Did u apply for settle or pre settled. Did u have drf1 card? What is ur current status?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:22 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:16 pm
Prettymum wrote:

Did u apply for settle or pre settled. Did u have drf1 card? What is ur current status?
You have the ability to search and read a users previous posts. I suggest you do that instead of asking for the same information (which has been posted many times now) to be posted again.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/membe ... mum/posts/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:33 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Prettymum wrote:

Pre settled for a british step daughter
I don't have a derivative card
I don't have leave to remain

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:59 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:33 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Prettymum wrote:

Hi Prettymum

Sorry to hear about your refusal, please take Snooky advise and apply for DRF1

mubashir1981
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by mubashir1981 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:11 pm

Prettymum wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
Prettymum wrote:

Did they accept u that u are primary carer of british child or not. And only objection is that u have not made application ujder artical 8.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:45 pm

Prettymum wrote:

@Prettymum,

I am sorry to hear about your refusal, don’t give up. All will be well.

Prettymum
United Kingdom

Post by Prettymum » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:21 pm

mubashir1981 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:11 pm
Prettymum wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:
Prettymum wrote:

Did they accept u that u are primary carer of british child or not. And only objection is that u have not made application ujder artical 8.
Is because of i dont have an application under artical 8
And am not a primary carer... they said it is shared responsibility

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:21 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Prettymum wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:

Once again, HO is sending two clear messages.

1. Only the courts can give you Zambrano Right to Reside in the uk because is a last RESORT
2. EUSS Zambrano is only issued to people who have held previous BRC under EEA Regulation 16.

In totality, it is not in accordance to the EEA Regulations, Zambrano C34/09 and 2019 Patel SC Ruling.

As I have already advised here, HO's advice contradicts the rule of law and those whose Applications have been refused should Bang in EEA Zambrano before 31 December 2020.

On 30 January 2020 and having heard a number of test cases, Judge Neville of the First-tier Tribunal (IAC) at Taylor House ruled that a person meeting the requirements Regulation 16 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the 2016 Regulations’) has a derivative right of residence notwithstanding that he or she has not yet made an application under the Immigration Rules and pursuant to Article 8 ECHR.

So my friend and members without having initial right under Regulation 16 HO will not consider your EUSS ZAMBRANO application fairly.

Some migrants NGO probably will soon usher HO to court because the contempt is too high and made the EUSS not fit for purpose.

Sorry and dont give up

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:30 am

Prettymum wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:21 pm
mubashir1981 wrote:
Prettymum wrote:
mubashir1981 wrote:

Shared responsibility between you and who?. Please cheer up, be strong and remain focused. Put in your DRF1 application, also remember to chase up that court document you were going for. Don’t give up, try and get every possible document that will evidence your care towards her. Keep fighting, ok?.