ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gc362952246
China

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:05 pm

tbp wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:05 pm
A journalist published an article regarding biometric reuse and visa gridlock. It is now on the mainpage.

I invite everybody to share it widely:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 36531.html

And here is the link to the tweet:
social medial link removed by moderator
This is an article written by xxxxx. Her twitter name is xxxxxxx. Please search to find and retweet this article.

This shouldn't breach the T&C point 2. Thank you moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:52 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:05 pm
tbp wrote:
A journalist published an article regarding biometric reuse and visa gridlock. It is now on the mainpage.

This is an article written by xxxxx. Her twitter name is xxxxxxx. Please search to find and retweet this article.

Please do NOT name people on the forum. They have not given permission for their name to be posted (which comes up in Google search for the forum) on a public internet forum where a group of strangers post!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:52 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
tbp wrote:

Please do NOT name people on the forum. They have not given permission for their name to be posted (which comes up in Google search for the forum) on a public internet forum where a group of strangers post!!
1. Her name is clearly written in the article and been put on the internet by herself.
2. The article is published on the internet for strangers to read
3. The twitter account is also been put at the article by herself

Are you suggesting the article is published and but no strangers should read it? Time for a beer, moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:27 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:06 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:52 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
tbp wrote:

1. Her name is clearly written in the article and been put on the internet by herself.
2. The article is published on the internet for strangers to read
3. The twitter account is also been put at the article by herself

Are you suggesting the article is published and but no strangers should read it? Time for a beer, moderator
Don't be ridiculous. She has willingly published an article in the British Press, so there was consent. BUT she has NOT given any member of THIS public internet immigration forum, permission to post her name/details on the forum, NO consent.

The article link has been posted, that is sufficient for members to read if they wish and search Twitter OUTSIDE of the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chims1
Newly Registered
Malawi

Post by Chims1 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:58 pm

My advice to people waiting for the reuse email is check you spam folder. I had the first email come in my inbox then the second email to submit my documents was in my spam. I had been in there for about a week

tbp
United Kingdom

Post by tbp » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:11 pm

What second email you are referring to in regards of submitting the documents? Was it from UKVI or UKVCAS?

As far as I know UKVI nor UKVCAS emailed anything apart from those "WaS" emails for
certain applicants since they announced biometric reuse on 2 July.
Chims1 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:58 pm
My advice to people waiting for the reuse email is check you spam folder. I had the first email come in my inbox then the second email to submit my documents was in my spam. I had been in there for about a week

ccs123
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by ccs123 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi All,

I applied for ILR on 15th July and today (29/07/2020) I received the below email. Just wondering if anyone got or sees this kind of email before.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Whilst UKVI has started to reopen some of its locations and services, this is not a full resumption of services. We will continue to take a steady and phased approach to ensure services can be delivered safely and effectively. Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines.

As your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:52 pm

ccs123 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:23 pm
Hi All,

I applied for ILR on 15th July and today (29/07/2020) I received the below email. Just wondering if anyone got or sees this kind of email before.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Whilst UKVI has started to reopen some of its locations and services, this is not a full resumption of services. We will continue to take a steady and phased approach to ensure services can be delivered safely and effectively. Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines.

As your application was submitted prior to your current grant of leave expiring, your current status within the United Kingdom has been extended by section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.

If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.

We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience at this time.
I also applied on 15th July and received similar email on 28th July, a day before you. It looks like a similar pattern, there is a possibility that case worker checked your case after mine and send the email but not sure if this is generic email or sent to people where they need to conduct further checks. My email was almost same but there was just small difference:

Your email states: "Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case."

My email states: "Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this may not be possible in your case."

Strange that they mention 8 weeks in your email and 6 months in the email I got, may be mistake in selecting email template. Who sent you this email, it was case worker or some general email like "WandSContingencyCaseworkDocumentReturn@homeoffice.gov.uk"?

My email was sent by case worker, there was email signature with case worker name. If you want to see exact text of email see below my post:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1918043

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:59 pm

I do got this email but no signature -looks like auto generated from - Work Sponsored <WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk>
Many Thanks .

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:12 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:59 pm
I do got this email but no signature -looks like auto generated from - Work Sponsored <WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk>
What was the date when you applied and date you received this email?

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 pm

July 2nd (sub)and July 8

Even before sending doc ,i got this email
Many Thanks .

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:26 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:14 pm
July 2nd (sub)and July 8

Thanks, difficult to get idea as this email is not sent to all people and only some people received this. I have seen posts from about 9-10 people who reported about this email.

I think it depends on case worker, some case workers may send it as generic information due to covid-19 to inform users about possible delay and some case worker may not want to bother sending such email.

There is other possibility that on the 1st day case worker looks on case this email is generated automatically, but still a mystery why to only some people.

But it's not necessary that decision will be delayed as I have seen posts where people reported about delay emails with reason like "your application raised exceptionally complex issue" which is not the case in these generic emails. So I am hoping that there won't be any delay.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:28 pm

GondalUK wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:26 pm
Paul99 wrote:
July 2nd (sub)and July 8

Thanks, difficult to get idea as this email is not sent to all people and only some people received this. I have seen posts from about 9-10 people who reported about this email.

I think it depends on case worker, some case workers may send it as generic information due to covid-19 to inform users about possible delay and some case worker may not want to bother sending such email.

There is other possibility that on the 1st day case worker looks on case this email is generated automatically, but still a mystery why to only some people.

But it's not necessary that decision will be delayed as I have seen posts where people reported about delay emails with reason like "your application raised exceptionally complex issue" which is not the case in these generic emails. So I am hoping that there won't be any delay.
I check with my few collegues who got this similar mail in may ( when applying) and got BRP in hand now
Many Thanks .

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:31 pm

Paul99 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:28 pm
GondalUK wrote:
Paul99 wrote:
July 2nd (sub)and July 8

I check with my few collegues who got this similar mail in may ( when applying) and got BRP in hand now
Good to know about this, feeling positive!

Harish chandra

Post by Harish chandra » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:35 pm

jerrysk8 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:30 am
How do I find out if the W&S C team have progressed my application? I emailed my supporting documents as requested 22 May. Sent a follow up email 22 July to no response.

I have a months notice period. Will also try and use my holidays since I haven't used any this year.

My whole life is in this country now. I haven't even thought about if I had to pack up and leave.
If you applied in 10 year route. You have nothing to worry. If it's a five year route. I think ukvi may relax few rules. Because you worked hard all these years and covid is not anyone's fault. Immigrants are not dependent on public funds even if ilr is granted. All pay taxes as usual. This saves billions of pounds to the government. This is my personal opinion.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:39 pm

Apologise this might have been mentioned before but I am a bit confused.

I 'submitted' all my documents when the submition button function as published. I remember that once documents are submitted I could no longer withdraw the existing ones but I could add more.

Today I am trying to upload my empty pages on the passport (I did not scan them before). But I could no longer find the submit button.

I have been chosen to reuse the biometric therefore no appointment has been taken.
Are we only given one chance to submit? Or can I assume that my case is under review therefore nothing more can be added as those who attended the appointment?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:43 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:39 pm

I 'submitted' all my documents when the submition button function as published. I remember that once documents are submitted I could no longer withdraw the existing ones but I could add more.

Today I am trying to upload my empty pages on the passport (I did not scan them before). But I could no longer find the submit button.

I have been chosen to reuse the biometric therefore no appointment has been taken.
Are we only given one chance to submit? Or can I assume that my case is under review therefore nothing more can be added as those who attended the appointment?

Thank you
You only get one chance to submit. The system clearly mentions that in the declaration you tick before you submit.
You can upload more documents but can not submit. You can possibly wait for an email to submit more documents.
Attachments
69FD308F-8680-4415-BDCB-554D254284E9.jpeg
69FD308F-8680-4415-BDCB-554D254284E9.jpeg (459.2 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
Last edited by CULLINAN on Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:43 pm
gc362952246 wrote:

Thank you
You only get one chance to submit. The system clearly mentions that in the declaration you tick before you submit.
You can upload more documents but can not submit. You can possibly wait for an email to submit documents.

Thank you Cullinan
I have received an email from W&S team asking for documents before. Should I directly email them the additional pages?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:49 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:47 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
gc362952246 wrote:

Thank you
You can upload more documents but can not submit. You can possibly wait for an email to submit documents.

Thank you Cullinan
I have received an email from W&S team asking for documents before. Should I directly email them the additional pages?
The documents you sent to the W&S team and the ones you submitted via UKVCAS are the same??
If I was you, probably I would email the missing documents to the same email address. You do not have any other option atm.

No need to scan empty pages now. Its always best practice to scan full passports including empty pages but since now you already have submitted, wait for UKVI to ask you if they want full passport. Majority cases they do not bother. Bio and stamp pages should be enough.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:06 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:49 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:47 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
gc362952246 wrote:

Thank you

Thank you Cullinan
The documents you sent to the W&S team and the ones you submitted via UKVCAS are the same??
If I was you, probably I would email the missing documents to the same email address. You do not have any other option atm.

No need to scan empty pages now. Its always best practice to scan full passports including empty pages but since now you already have submitted, wait for UKVI to ask you if they want full passport. Majority cases they do not bother. Bio and stamp pages should be enough.

I just realised that I haven't been asked to email them my passports, therefore I did not send (or maybe I just forgot). Everything else is the same.

I've emailed W&S my passports (the empty pages have not been submitted on UKVCAS so I removed those to avoid duplication)

The whole thing is so confusing that we are asked to submit documents multiple times at multiple places

ccs123
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by ccs123 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 pm

Paul99 wrote:
GondalUK wrote:
Paul99 wrote:
July 2nd (sub)and July 8

Good to hear. I'm bit relaxed now.
One of my other colleague got email to send documents via email as his visa was expiring next week. He suggested since I've visa validity upto March 2021, they might have delayed mine and prioritising others.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:01 am

ccs123 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 pm
Paul99 wrote:
GondalUK wrote:
Paul99 wrote:
July 2nd (sub)and July 8

One of my other colleague got email to send documents via email as his visa was expiring next week. He suggested since I've visa validity upto March 2021, they might have delayed mine and prioritising others.
There is not a confirmed pattern which helps to get an idea. I received email to send documents and my VISA is expiring on August 2021. Not sure why they requested documents from some people and not others. In same way there is a mystery why they sent delay emails to some people and not to others.

But there is a hope, after looking on few cases where people got decision quickly even after delay email.

Paul99
United Kingdom

Post by Paul99 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:02 am

GondalUK wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:01 am
ccs123 wrote:
Paul99 wrote:
GondalUK wrote:

There is not a confirmed pattern which helps to get an idea. I received email to send documents and my VISA is expiring on August 2021. Not sure why they requested documents from some people and not others. In same way there is a mystery why they sent delay emails to some people and not to others.

But there is a hope, after looking on few cases where people got decision quickly even after delay email.
First email is auto system genetaretd & second one still don,t know -some got quickly without asking doc -this is as for my knowledge.
Many Thanks .

Mitras
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mitras » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:09 am

Paul99 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:02 am
GondalUK wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:01 am
ccs123 wrote:
Paul99 wrote:

First email is auto system genetaretd & second one still don,t know -some got quickly without asking doc -this is as for my knowledge.
I submitted my application on 1st July; Document submitted on 5th July; Chose the option to submit documents to UKVI on 11th July when the option became available. After that I have not received any email communication at all. I check my email and spam folder twice a day. Seeing all those who received emails, I am getting bit worried. My application is Set(M) - dependent of British citizen for ILR. Having my fingers crossed for appointments to open. Should I have received any emails by this time?

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:33 am

I applied ILR (M) on 12th April and BRP expired on 9th May.

All I got so far is Biometric reuse !

People who applied in June and who were given appointments option have their new BRP in hand now. This is just so not fair on people who applied way before them, I am not jealous and indeed happy for them.

Just trying to understand why such a mess caused by a government entity. Not fair that no justification was given.

Any clue or hint when this reuse of biometric will kick in ?

I have lost 2 stones coz of this 😆 my wife is having a hard time with my mood swings.