ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Estimated time-line for visa biometric re-use policy

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Thomas_84
Newly Registered
India

Estimated time-line for visa biometric re-use policy

Post by Thomas_84 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:07 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have applied for a tier 2 dependant visa application recently. I got an email about the Biometric re-use policy. But I still did not get any update for about 1 month now since I got the first email about this Biometric re-use policy. I may lose my new job offer too due to this delay in my visa process. Is there anybody out there who has the slightest idea about the estimated time of getting the second email regarding this Biometric re-use policy?

The reason I am frustrated is that, visa process has been quite progressing on a monthly at least at a slow pace for those who were allowed to book appointment. But the Biometric re-use policy is delayed for too long. Will there be possibly any updates regarding this policy at least next month?

Regards,

sdpkm_dee
Newly Registered
India

Re: Estimated time-line for visa biometric re-use policy

Post by sdpkm_dee » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:05 am

I have just received an email this morning about updates on biometric reuse. They are launching a new IDV app in phased manner in August and eligible folks will be invited to upload docs and face images in phases starting August. However, in case of urgency one can still opt out and use ukvcas ( time I was given in to opt out is by 7th aug).

With regards to your job, I think, if you have a cos assigned you can start your work without waited Ng for visa decision as per covid specific guidelines.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:09 am

sdpkm_dee wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:05 am
With regards to your job, I think, if you have a cos assigned you can start your work without waited Ng for visa decision as per covid specific guidelines.
The user applied for a tier 2 DEPENDENT visa. No cos involved, so this doesn't apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ap1410
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by ap1410 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:09 am
sdpkm_dee wrote:
The user applied for a tier 2 DEPENDENT visa. No cos involved, so this doesn't apply.
CR001 :In general for a lead T2 General applicant as long as the CoS is assigned and application has been made it should be okay to start work while the application is in process I assume ?

In my case I am starting a new job In September and CoS has been assigned and application made and pending biometrics.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:58 pm

ap1410 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:09 am
sdpkm_dee wrote:
CR001 :In general for a lead T2 General applicant as long as the CoS is assigned and application has been made it should be okay to start work while the application is in process I assume ?

In my case I am starting a new job In September and CoS has been assigned and application made and pending biometrics.
Please do not tag onto topics not relevant to your circumstances. Continue in your own topic please, to avoid confusion as the user in this thread is asking about a tier 2 dependent visa!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.